[9-3-15] Boss Practice Mode | Instancing Improvements

Leik

Leeching ROTS is easy. All that you have to do is not die and let your partner solo that side.

Yes, generally that is how one leeches at anything - by not doing something, and letting everyone else do everything.

My point was that it would be faster and easier to assist instead of leeching, unless you're really terrible, or your partner excels at solo'ing...

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Leeching ROTS is easy. All that you have to do is not die and let your partner solo that side.

Yes, generally that is how one leeches at anything - by not doing something, and letting everyone else do everything.

My point was that it would be faster and easier to assist instead of leeching, unless you're really terrible, or your partner excels at solo'ing...

It'd be faster to assist instead of leeching in any context, but easier? Not really.

The whole reason people leech is because they are horrible at bossing and cannot do it, therefore it is easier for the team as a whole if the leech focuses purely on staying alive and not trying to do other stuff and then they can get their comp cape kill ticked off and go on their merry way.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It'd be faster to assist instead of leeching in any context, but easier? Not really.

The whole reason people leech is because they are horrible at bossing and cannot do it, therefore it is easier for the team as a whole if the leech focuses purely on staying alive and not trying to do other stuff and then they can get their comp cape kill ticked off and go on their merry way.

Ok, but if one player has incite + voke on, then the other person can still cast, idk, smoke barrage from across the room.

And thank you for clarifying why people leech, 14 years and I had no idea. :|

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Just some heads up for people who lost their ravensworn progress:

The code was intended to be futureproof, a way of preventing any future possible methods of cheating the title, beyond the method at that time.

Unfortunately, like every programmer ever has done, I missed an all important "else" in the code, the penalty of which only manifested today...irritatingly.

I can only apologise for that, it's a simple mistake that was easily missed in testing and it would only be visible today. Frustratingly at the worst possible moment.

But, it's not all bad news. At the moment it seems like it will be possible to reset everyone's title progress back to where it was. Though this won't be till tomorrow. I'll then (if necessary) make the ravens appear a little more often, so that you can quickly catch up.

If for some reason it proves impossible to do this, then I'll look to make the ravens spawn daily (the fastest I can do as a fix we could get out this week). So you can get back to where you were much faster. The faster spawnings will be in place for about a month or so and then return to normal, so that there's not too many people with an unfair advantage.

So my apologies for the inconvenience, but we should have a solution in the next couple of days.

= Raven =

Maybe he'll give us spawns every 13 hours for a month?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

guoEA.jpg

It seems the mageki and tsuba are a lot more common than I thought they would be. In two days of rerolls I got 1 tsuba and 1 mageki. I wonder if they'll let us use them for repairs... Maybe halving the cost?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

No idea. I was only interested in getting them for cosmetic reasons (since the concept artwork looked pretty nice). Unfortunately I am not a fan of how they look in game - the concept art didn't translate well from paper to in-game. I never really planned on using the Seasinger Wand/Orb, Seismics all the way of course. Well, maybe for quests, as I am always hesitant to take expensive gear to quests on day one due to the possibility of glitches/bugs.

No idea. I was only interested in getting them for cosmetic reasons (since the concept artwork looked pretty nice). Unfortunately I am not a fan of how they look in game - the concept art didn't translate well from paper to in-game. I never really planned on using the Seasinger Wand/Orb, Seismics all the way of course. Well, maybe for quests, as I am always hesitant to take expensive gear to quests on day one due to the possibility of glitches/bugs.

The orb doesn't look bad, but I think the wand needs to be sized up and the curves slightly emphasized. I feel you on the usage though because when I make my tetsu katana and wakasashi I'm going to have to get rid of my chaotic claws.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The code was intended to be futureproof, a way of preventing any future possible methods of cheating the title, beyond the method at that time.

Unfortunately, like every programmer ever has done, I missed an all important "else" in the code, the penalty of which only manifested today...irritatingly.

I can only apologise for that, it's a simple mistake that was easily missed in testing and it would only be visible today. Frustratingly at the worst possible moment.

But, it's not all bad news. At the moment it seems like it will be possible to reset everyone's title progress back to where it was. Though this won't be till tomorrow. I'll then (if necessary) make the ravens appear a little more often, so that you can quickly catch up.

If for some reason it proves impossible to do this, then I'll look to make the ravens spawn daily (the fastest I can do as a fix we could get out this week). So you can get back to where you were much faster. The faster spawnings will be in place for about a month or so and then return to normal, so that there's not too many people with an unfair advantage.

So my apologies for the inconvenience, but we should have a solution in the next couple of days.

= Raven =

I hope they do these more common spawns so i can make up for being a fail noob and missing my calendar notifcations on like 3 occasions for raven day

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

= Raven =

This why you write unit tests to catch this "else" condition so that situations like this don't suddenly manifest themselves in production.  (Not to say that tests or devs are infallible, but still...)

Frequent spawning may make getting this title slightly more reasonable.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

= Raven =

This why you write unit tests to catch this "else" condition so that situations like this don't suddenly manifest themselves in production.  (Not to say that tests or devs are infallible, but still...)

Frequent spawning may make getting this title slightly more reasonable.

But... but... uh... well, they can't test it because they can't reliably change their clocks throught the unit test!

Yea, that must be it!

ozXHe7P.png

Well, all the progress has been returned and there's probably an extra raven this friday for those who didn't dare to spot monday.

Even if you didn't spot on Monday you lost your progress

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Does standing in corridor no longer work at rots? I think that's what I did

On an unrelated topic, can you instance chaos elemental?

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Standing in corridor no longer counts as a kill and you won't be rewarded anything in the chest if you do that. It was fixed a long while ago.

So yes, you must participate in the kill to be awarded for it.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Yes... That's not what I'm saying, I lost all my progress too monday.

I just say that Mod Raven has returned all the progress. And will add an extra raven this friday for the people who didn't spot the raven on monday out of fear.

I guess I didn't follow why people would be scared since it happened regardless

Tranquil.png

Well, some people didn't log in that day to prevent the raven reroll as the progress only got wiped out when logging in. Also, Mod Raven said on his twitter that people didn't need to bother with the raven of monday, because if they did a reroll, it would override the 1/13, putting them back on the score they had on sunday.

That makes sense, sorry for the confusion.

All in all I still think the forced wait to unlock the title was unnecessary. I don't hunt for titles myself so I may not be appreciating it fully I guess.

Tranquil.png

odds for a ports weapon piece is stated to be 1/100, so gl

At 18 voyages a day? No sweat.

Aaaand I got both pieces in less than a week. Told you it was no sweat.

I'm still waiting on a first piece. Share the luck pls
Okay, here, you can borrow it, but give it back when you're done. I need that luck for my Meilyr potion recipes.

Standing in corridor no longer counts as a kill and you won't be rewarded anything in the chest if you do that. It was fixed a long while ago.

What we do now is have the leech go in with a yak, hide in the corner and just eat if they get hit while the player on their side solos.  Usually we'll just all hop over and pile the brothers.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

What we do now is have the leech go in with a yak, hide in the corner and just eat if they get hit while the player on their side solos.  Usually we'll just all hop over and pile the brothers.

Ah, so it's basically the same as leeching any other boss now. Eat up and not die, lol.

I still disapprove of leeching. Anyone, and I mean absolutely anyone, is able to get kills on any boss as long as they look up guides, ask people for advice/teams, and practice. Practice makes perfect, you can't get better at bossing if you refuse to even try. I'm new to PvM and I managed to get the hang of all the bosses in RS, and this is coming from someone who free-leeched a Rots kill for comp back when you could stand in the corridor. Decided to learn how to do Rots and did 10 kills with friends today (and gave them helper points).

• Like 1

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention