ironman must dos?

Yak-scythe

Ive started an ironman account and Im not too sure what to prioritize?

what skills should I be trainin?

What quests should I do immediately and in the future?

Where should I go to get my weapons/armour from?

Rsn:iron heretic if you wanna look at my stats

Runescape is a haven..

I looked up your stats. Looks like you're off to a good start! However, there is one thing I am a bit confused about. You do have some P2P experience, but when I attempt to look up your adventurer's log to see quests and stuff, it tells me that you have a non-member account? Are you F2P/planning on buying membership soon (or is it a technical glitch with their system)?

I'd finish training up Runecrafting to 44 so you can make nature runes. As an Ironman, if you want to turn stuff into coins, you will of course need your own supply of these.

For quests, there is not too much on F2P, but in terms of good xp-granting quests that can speed things up at lower levels, Vampyre Slayer (attack xp), the Restless Ghost quest (a little prayer xp + access to better gravestones), The Knight's Sword (smithing xp), and of course Dragon Slayer (Strength and Defense xp, and ability to wear Rune platebody, Blue d'hide body, and batwing top) are all good to complete. Some of the easy quests provide good lower level weapons but you are probably well past that stage. Of course, you'll need to complete a bunch of them simply to get the Quest Points to have access to do Dragon Slayer. On P2P there are a lot of quests that can give you a nice chunk of xp too - for example the Waterfall quest, 

If you're P2P or going P2P, then Divination will be good to train because it provides a great daily source of your own resources and a nice amount of xp for doing so as well. Slayer can be an effective method for training combat and provide you with a nice spread of drops as you do so.

For getting weapons, right now your best bet would likely be to kill greater demons for an adamant 2h. It's listed as a common drop so it shouldn't take too long, assuming you already have some weapons and armor. If not you might have to work your way up a little more. You can complete The Feud on P2P (with 30 Thieving) for a free adamant scimitar along the way instead if you're looking to save time or need to get started. Once you have access to rune kill roaches until you get a rune scimitar and sq shield, which I think might be your best bet. On P2P you can get a rune spear as a common drop from mithril dragons but I don't know if it's worth the time for that detour. You can buy most of the armor you need up through about adamant through various armor shops (click that and then the type of armor and it should link you to specific locations), but after that you'll probably be better off going for monster drops.

A lot depends on your ultimate goals though. Are you attempting to max it, or go for one particular skill, or just training a bunch of stuff for the immediate future?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

pending the membership question noted above.

IF a member: Some good starting points imho.

tasks - easy low levels GP and the Benefits (free daily stuff) rack up pretty quick.

Daily tasks - to do or to work towards

Shooting star

Jack of trades Aura (if you've got it, or save up those loyalty points for it)

Free Sand Daily after hand in the sand quest

Free Daily seaweed and pineapples from arhein

Free Flax Daily (After seers easy tasks)

Desert tasks 1 - think that one is then daily turn soda ash to glass, and potato from old man

After ARdy 1 - Free daily essence.

temple trekking is good to get raw shark for the first fremmy quest.

I started by focussing on quests for tasks (yet to really think about morytania tbh) and found that a good grounding.

Oh....and are you in a clan?  Free craft xp is awesome

If non members, I'd use tipit quest page, and sort by length, spit the short ones you can do out first

Best of luck!

Zerohflipper.png

Those all sound like some great tips! One thing I would add, though, is that ironman receive only 25% of the normal xp in all citadel plots, including Crafting. So I'm not sure it would compete effectively with other methods like Temple Trekking when you divide its normal productivity by 4 :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Those all sound like some great tips! One thing I would add, though, is that ironman receive only 25% of the normal xp in all citadel plots, including Crafting. So I'm not sure it would compete effectively with other methods like Temple Trekking when you divide its normal productivity by 4 :P.

True on the 25% at the citadel......but I must admit I'm not always the most efficient in game.

I found I preferred to use temple trekking rewards on tomes for a bit of random skill xp, and whilst the citadel xp on summoning is pitiful,  on craft I still find it worth it, (tier 6 plot i think in my clan,  and well on my way to the level 75 craft I need as I work towards Getting to that elven town)...and well when working at a ctiadel plot.....it's what you do whilst catching up on the Tip-it forums and other sites isn't it?

:-)

Zerohflipper.png

Actually I find the loom quite horrible to try to afk since you need to click literally every resource tick, haha. But I suppose with a nice widescreen and splitting it, it could indeed work :D.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Well with these helpful tips, ive decided to turn it back into a members account, it was previously p2p but then i ran out of ideas and left it f2p for awhile, if you wanted to look at the quests now you can do so. :3

otherwise thank you for your help, ill be continuing my ironman adventure now. :)

alright i got 48 green dragons but when i go to try and kill them the bots finish them off for me so i cant actually get the kill to count, i need to upgrade my weapons somehow anyone have any ideas?

Runescape is a haven..

Well that sucks, but I think an adamant weapon is going to be your best DPS weapon at that level, and as Essiw mentioned you can get it at Burthorpe. If you gain a couple more levels you can of course upgrade to rune, if that might help turn the tide? Also, have you tried different green dragon spots or getting access to others that may be less heavily botted? Or maybe hopping onto a foreign language world to complete the task, since those usually have fewer bots? (If you don't know how to do that let me know - I don't mind explaining.)

It also says in Wiki that brutal green dragons may be substituted for green dragons on a Slayer task. I realize that they are higher level and more difficult, but it may be worth a try. On the other hand you may need much higher stats to kill them effectively. In any case I just thought I'd mention it.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Being a hardcore ironman here, i wasn't game to do wildy green dragons.

Did the ones in the chaos tunnels,  it was fairly difficult at first, only about 5-10 kills per trip due to low levels then,  but there were no bots and thankfully didnt get them as a task too often.

Zerohflipper.png

I was kinda just considering doing monkey madness and getting 50 attack from the exp then killing them there and hopefully out dpsing but if not i will try out the chaos tunnels. :3

Runescape is a haven..