Dimension of Disaster – 200th Quest

Leik

is there somewhere with all the best money makers in new varrock? I know of making jewellery with the gems, free runes, buying leather and making shields/coifs, imphides to books. Anything else? At the speed of it i think I'll just wait till can buy again

baileydafrog.png

I just found out right now that if you summon the spirit in the bar and THEN beat up Johnny, beating up Johnny counts as the spirit's requirement and takes out both steps at one time (two birds, one arm). The accompanying text box even refers to him by name.

btw, the new stuff is in now

8f14270694.jpg

Here's a copy/paste of the relevant patch notes, in case anyone comes in without having seen them elsewhere:

[hide]

Dimension of Disaster:

• The Tiny Zemouregal pet's chat has been improved.
  • The damage bonus from the Darklight sword now works against certain eligible NPCs which were previously unaffected.
  • Low-value drops have been removed from New Varrock guards.
  • New Varrock zombies can now drop more valuable items.
  • The following rewards have been added to Gypsy Aris's reward shop:
    • - For 2 silver pennies: coal can be purchased from Sani and spider silk can be purchased from Zaff in New Varrock.
    • - For 3 silver pennies: a cosmetic override pack containing 3 main-hand and 3 off-hand swords (Silverlight, dyed Silverlight, and Darklight).
  • The code key for the Defender of Varrock and Curse of Arrav decoder doors will now be displayed during the decoder strip puzzle, after completing Dimension of Disaster once.
  • Dyed Silverlight has been graphically updated in Shadow of the Storm and Dimension of Disaster.
  • Thessalia now sells balls of wool in New Varrock, for use in stringing amulets.
  • Astral and blood runes have been added to Aubury's shop in New Varrock.
  • Logs up to teak have been added to Urist the crafter in New Varrock.
  • Moving through the New Varrock palace portcullis is now faster.
  • Healing orbs dropped in the Zemouregal fight in New Varrock are now larger and easier to pick up.
  • Players can now use a staff of fire to superheat the tin soldier in New Varrock without fire runes.
  • Players searching a treasure chest in New Varrock without a lockpick will now be told how to get one.
  • Lighting has been altered to make Gypsy Aris in New Varrock look more like a zombie.
  • Players can now correctly remove the New Varrock pocket book from their pocket slot.
  • The number of available zemomarks displayed in the New Varrock pocket book is now correct.
  • The New Varrock apothecary will now take payment consistently for each strength potion purchased.
  • It is no longer possible to walk through a piece of a fence in New Varrock.
  • Fire spirits and birds nests no longer appear in New Varrock.
  • Rat bones and rat tails no longer drop in New Varrock.
  • Players inventories will now correctly restore if they log out during the Arrav fight in Dimension of Disaster.
  • Players can now consistently retrieve the Shield of Arrav from the New Varrock museum if lost.
  • Items will now be saved correctly if a player lapses out of membership while playing Dimension of Disaster.
  • The search option on Zemouregal's bedroom bookcases has been removed.
  • Dimension of Disaster's reward interface will no longer use plural when purchasing something for just one silver penny.
  • Aubury's free elemental runes in New Varrock now restock more slowly and in lower quantity.
  • Catbot 9000 in New Varrock will now only take one doogle leaf.
  • By order of Zemouregal, signposts to inferior city states surrounding New Varrock have been removed.
  • Players watching others complete the Delrith boss fight during Dimension of Disaster will no longer see their version of the demon explode.
  • Players can now give a micro brew to Tiny Zemo inside the vault in New Varrock.
  • Arrav is now referred to as the hero of Varrock at the end of Dimension of Disaster.
  • The spelling of "Kerapac" in Zemouregal's notes in New Varrock, use of orange and purple mist on the tin soldier, and a statue description in New Varrock palace have all been fixed.
  • The Varrock Herald has published a reprint of their newspaper in Varrock, due to a complaint from "Aubrey".
  • Arrav's name is now used instead of the player's name in conversations when the player is controlling Arrav.
  • A lore issue in the Ralvash section of Zemouregal's notes in New Varrock has been fixed.
  • Arrav's reaction to Ellamaria during Dimension of Disaster has been toned down.
[/hide]

I wasn't sure if beating up Johnny counted, or if it was the multitarget abils I used that hit and killed nearby zombies, but either way that's an easy way to handle it, yeah.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

You can also just have it kill you, respawn by fountain makes spirit 2 bit closer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

the main issue is if you do that, you then have to go back to the lady to return arm/retrieve bank papers, which you then will take to the bank anyway next to the graveyard

just using johnny cuts down on at least 1 to 2 more trips and the input to suicide takes as long as running to the bank

8f14270694.jpg

After April 6th, I'm thinking about doing the quest Mourning's Ends Part II, but maybe I should try this one instead.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it?

If you're only going to do one or the other, I'd do MEP2 to get closer to entering the Elf City.

I don't see a reason not to do both, though. (Do ALL the quests!)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

The quest resets whenever you talk to gypsy aris and ask for it to be reset - no weekly limit etc.

The only limit afaik is on buying the xp lamp once per week, standard weds reset.

Source: I did it 5 times in 2 days to buy all the non-lamp rewards.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

After April 6th, I'm thinking about doing the quest Mourning's Ends Part II, but maybe I should try this one instead.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it

getting closer to prif is a far better reward than you get for this, though i hear the sword is op

baileydafrog.png

• 2 months later...

i got a problem with the zemouregal final fight because when i destroy the protection portals he didnt appear healing orbs so i died very fast without a chance to healing. to you have an idea to clear that problem?