Enhanced Darklight vs Drygores Combat Test Results

boa1891

One of the rewards from the new Dimension of Disaster quest is an upgraded Darklight, and a commonly asked question I have seen today is: Is this upgrade worth doing the quest for? To answer this question, I decided to take my upgraded Darklight to Kal'Gerion Demons, and compare it to a Drygore Rapier. The factors I've measured are the number of seconds it takes to kill the demon, and how much damage was inflicted on my character during each fight. I also decided to take an additional sampling of kills where I performed Darklight's special attack, which is also upgraded to reduce the demon target's stats by 15%.

Here is the raw data used in making this video; there is a noticeable trend, despite the small sample size:

LR4p4KC.png

I definitely noticed a definite increase in accuracy and kill speed with the Enhanced Darklight over a Drygore Rapier. IMO, this is a reward worth getting if you plan to kill demons or do a lot of slayer.

What do you think? Worth getting? Have you tried it yet? Let me know in this thread.

• Like 1
divinesigiljw4.png

I think it's a good start and some interesting data thus far, but you should try doing 100-200 kills instead for some stronger statistical evidence and see what happens :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You need more testing before your claims have any validity. The only thing shocking about your results is that you feel they're conclusive. >_> Sorry to be so harsh but it feels like you only did this for click-bait value on your youtube channel rather than actually helping the community at large.

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

Click bait youtubers that purport to be clever and sciencey and have 'researched' things by spending about 5 minutes messing around and then passing off that tiny spec of data as solid results are the absolute worst.

They are, at best, just looking to lazily profiteer off misguided people who assume the feigned 'science' of it all is more well founded and at worst spreading harmfully incorrect information.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Please do more samples kthx.

wm4x4st.png

Edit: Forgot to label my axis :3, 1 is kill-time for rapiers, 2 is kill-time for darklight

Also for the record, if you are not recording to 3 significant figures, don't put the averages to 3 s.f. either.

Luck be a Lady