Skill Capes & Diango Improvements Patch Week

Bxpprod

You can click the Earn Runecoins or Earn Keys buttons, and complete surveys for the currency. I've never paid for either, and I can buy the items I really want from the survey rewards.

I think the sponsors pay Jagex a certain amount for each completed survey, so it's a nice system.

I'm sorry I don't trust surveys, because 99% of the times, surveys online are scam.

Edit: Accidentally posted without a reply.

It's up to you, but if you do the surveys at the top of the page, they don't ask for your address or email. It's just studies by companies asking you about future products, or ratings your interest in current TV shows etc. The more questionable ones are the Offers listed below the surveys, those are the ones that sell your info to mailing lists and autodialers.

If you stick just to the Peanut Labs surveys, all they look for is a zip code and general demographic information. If you take a look you can see the distinction I'm making.

Chaoy2.png

I personally can't stand "runecoins".

Jagex needs to realize that not all of us can afford to pay 100s of real life dollars. Those of us who have limited money can't buy even half of these overrides.

Which does bother me. Yes, I like to wear my dragon armor 24/7, but I'd like to at least try the other overrides for sale.

Whether you like it or not, it's not Jagex's fault that you can't afford runecoins. You don't need anything sold in SGS to play the game and you should be glad that that's still the case.

And you can try the overrides that they sell: you can preview all of them with the wardrobe.

• Like 1
Sylpheed.png

You can click the Earn Runecoins or Earn Keys buttons, and complete surveys for the currency. I've never paid for either, and I can buy the items I really want from the survey rewards.

I think the sponsors pay Jagex a certain amount for each completed survey, so it's a nice system.

Nominally that sounds attractive. But like any other too-good-to-be-true system, I've tried it personally and after half an hour and 0 RuneCoins, I gave up. Plus if you give all those random corporations real personal information who knows what junk mail or solicitations you're going to end up receiving, all for what, a little virtual currency?

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Jagex needs to realize that not all of us can afford to pay 100s of real life dollars. Those of us who have limited money can't buy even half of these overrides.

Which does bother me. Yes, I like to wear my dragon armor 24/7, but I'd like to at least try the other overrides for sale.

I can tolerate solomons, what I can't stand is squal of fortune/treasure hunter promotions pressuring you to buy keys with limited time promotional items. And those cosmetic items aren't even overrides... unless you buy dragon keys of course...

I can tolerate solomons, what I can't stand is squal of fortune/treasure hunter promotions pressuring you to buy keys with limited time promotional items. And those cosmetic items aren't even overrides... unless you buy dragon keys of course...

Its funny I wasn't overly bothered by any of it when I was playing on my main, free bxp here and there made the grind easier to max cape, and solomons has always done what it should do for microtransactions. My issues arose when I started playing Ironman and I wanted to the bxp outfits and some of the other things that I feel you should be able to get from minigames that you can't. They have released alot of good content that could have revitalized dead portions of the game through treasure hunter.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I'm not sure who was on the group who looked at the original cape rework and was like, "myes these giant creases as if players cram their capes into their backpacks haphazardly, these are acceptable"

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

To be honest, it's not that huge of a deal to me since there is nothing in the game that looks better than dragon armor. (in my opinion at least) It just bugs me a bit that the overrides cost real money.

And for the record, it might not be Jagex's fault, but it's not my fault either that I don't have infinite money. If I did buy all the overrides I'd be bankrupt in less than a week, and that is a problem with ANYONE who isn't a trillionaire, don't deny it.

It's hard for me to see this as a serious problem given that a. we're talking about stuff that's strictly cosmetic with no in-game benefit, and b. you can buy it all with in-game gp.

• Like 2

It's hard for me to see this as a serious problem given that a. we're talking about stuff that's strictly cosmetic with no in-game benefit, and b. you can buy it all with in-game gp.

Wait I can? How?

When I went to Solomon's Store most of the items there had the currency RuneCoins, not in-game coins.

If you can tell me how it works, I would be grateful.

Buy bonds with rsgp -> convert into runecoins

• Like 1

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

you can buy bonds with in game gp -> convert he bonds to rune coins -> buy from solomans

NINJAD

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Those pets are done by different teams. Pay2win team has always time to animate their pets while Ninja team has not.

Pretty sure Pay2win team is doing both.

Nah, Boss pets were done by the Ninja team.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/327568-boss-pets-a-ninja-update/

Why would pay2win team waste their time on something that can't be sold for 235325 runecoins and bonds?

Boss pets were done by the Ninja team, but the pet overrides are not being done by the Ninjas AFAIK. Pet overrides are an animation job, not a Ninja fix.

Sayln is the project manager for TH and Solomons, says that boss pets aren't theirs to work on https://twitter.com/JagexSayln/status/585384566212448256 so would probably need to be ninjas.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Boss pets were something the ninjas were working on as a side project. If the boss pet overrides will ever see the light of day is another matter in of itself.

WAIT I KNOW LETS POLL IT WITH ANOTHER UPDATE THAT SHOULD HAPPEN REGARDLESS!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

245fb.png

This small update made me so happy. So good to have the old capes back :)

• Like 1

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Aaaand guess what? Just like I predicted, they brought back the old model and didn't bother to fix the clipping issues. So, great. Now it will probably never be fixed and I'm going to be stuck with my character's tassels clipping through her breasts, like, forever.  :thumbdown:

• Like 3

Aaaand guess what? Just like I predicted, they brought back the old model and didn't bother to fix the clipping issues. So, great. Now it will probably never be fixed and I'm going to be stuck with my character's tassels clipping through her breasts, like, forever.  :thumbdown:

In all honestly i think they're afraid to make changes now, even a fix like this could offend some people that likes this.

The w66 we pay we say clipping issue return parade, some players will riot about any change in this game.

So there are (at least) three new items on the GE this week: 

Fletch logs

Fletch & burn logs

Trh51 fish hoover left hand particles

The first two are possible treasure hunter items that will be released soon, but I'd assume the third one isn't an item at all.

howlin1eeveesig.png

I can just envision that third one in W3 now.. "Buying Trh51 hoover left hand particles!"

It's too bad though, the proteans are sneaking their way into more skills :(. I suppose we can only hope that they won't be too damaging...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

at least they're acknowledging fletching exists now, as opposed to before when i read on rsof that they weren't going to make a fletching skilling outfit because apparently it's even less trained than firemaking according to them

• Like 2

8f14270694.jpg

Of course it's used Jagex. I can't be the only one who goes "Oh no! I'm in level 50 wilderness and forgot a bow...but look, there's a tree, I'll craft a bow and get myself out of this yet!"

• Like 3

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png