New spell suggestion: Super High Alchemy.

I love getting money off of high alchemy.

But I wanna get even more money, so make a spell that gives me more money than the high alchemy spell.

And no, not anyone can use it. The only way to use it is to finish a quest that's very difficult and has a ton of requirements.

I mean we already got upgrades spells of wave spells and jewellery enchanting spells, why not go a step further?

That is an interesting idea, but it would just flood the economy with even more coins from junk items and lift them off the floor a little further. I get the feeling it would marginalize High Alchemy as well - if you can do Super High Alch for x % more coins, pretty soon High Alch pales in comparison. Maybe have it require multiple nature runes per cast? It's a good suggestion and could work, but I'm unsure about the potential impact on the game's economy.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

That is an interesting idea, but it would just flood the economy with even more coins from junk items and lift them off the floor a little further. I get the feeling it would marginalize High Alchemy as well - if you can do Super High Alch for x % more coins, pretty soon High Alch pales in comparison. Maybe have it require multiple nature runes per cast? It's a good suggestion and could work, but I'm unsure about the potential impact on the game's economy.

No it wouldn't, how can it bypass your radar that I suggested that a difficult quest would be required for that spell?

I did see that, but given that close to 15,000 people have completed every single quest to date, I think they would manage to do it and probably a good deal more if it had good moneymaking potential.

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

This will just cause more inflation, meaning the coins you get will slowly get less worth and eventually you will earn the same value (not amount) of coins that you got with the normal high alch spell (also meaning people who only have access to high alch will even earn less value for their aching). The only worth it would have is if you use the coins for materials bought from NPC's for skills like construction and summoning, as those prices are not affected by inflation.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

No it wouldn't, how can it bypass your radar that I suggested that a difficult quest would be required for that spell?

If you do not understand how a basic economy functions I'd simply skip trying to prove/disprove the effect it would have and simply go with pushing the concept instead.

That said we really do not need another version of the alchemy spell.

hzvjpwS.gif

Let's add a spell that converts rune items to 500k gp each, that would be awesome.

Hypocrites please leave this thread.

• Like 4

Well, I am suggesting 500k each. You would be a hypocrite to suggest anything lower given that you supported moneymaking method A and B.

Everyone, cool down!  I can see where @Blaze The Movie Fan is going with this.  Basically, if Normal Alch gives 40% of in-game gp value, and High-Alch gives 60%, then this Super High Alch that he wants should probably be 80%, in order to avoid devaluing things.  Take the Steel PlateBody for example...

Normal Alch, Level 21 Magic = 800 gp

High Alch, Level 55 Magic = 1200 gp

Super High Alch, probably Level 80 Magic = 1600 gp  <--  The true suggested addition, at least as I see it, and isn't that bad of an idea.

... and then we should probably stick a higher level requirement (Like the 80 Magic I just noted!), along with a mid-range or high-end quest requirement on it.  And don't forget to make the quest completable by F2P'ers. :)

Beyond that, please don't try to blow it so far out of proportion.  I actually felt the whole time that I used to play RuneScape, except when I was enjoying something with other people (friends/buddies/etc.) in-game, like Jagex was trying to make F2P gameplay a mind-destroying lesson in futility.  Let's not pass that feeling further down the line, alright?  This idea, if it went through, might finally put the last nail into killing off the illegal RWT industry's function on RuneScape, as players would finally get gp fast enough to be happy and not fall into rule-breaking. :geek:

~D. V. "I know what it is to be sick of slow gp gain..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Suppose they made it 80% of value like you said. Uncut onyx would alch for 1440K. The G.E. price is 1070K, meaning anyone who has a bunch of them just made bank. And the same thing goes for literally any pile of junk sitting around in someone's bank. Suddenly, it goes from the old alch value to quite a bit more! You see the problem: it creates a huge amount of inflation. And you can bet one quest, even if it's hard, isn't going to stand between people and millions of potential profit. Jagex already did it once with rock climbing boots and I doubt they would want a repeat of that disaster. A percent-based new spell would therefore end up being a huge amount of trouble.

If it were carefully balanced and limited, maybe one could squeeze a few thousand more out of some items, but, like Saradomin Mage points out...it just drives people into the same cycle again, particularly the casual type players who can't or may not want to access/complete that quest.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

You're all a bunch of hypocrites, you know that?

You are not ok with an improved version of high level alchemy, yet when surge spells and higher level jewellery spells were released you didn't complain.

That's hypocrisy at its finest.

re-read what I said, I am not a hypocrite, I am being realistic. This is how real life and in-game economics work. If you create more money, the money will be worth less, thus getting you back the square one. The only thing you will be getting from making more money is that your stack of coins will be worth less (so coin hoarders will have less of the total amount of money). Giving people a higher alch spell will only give a benefit for maybe a month, after that it gives the same effect as the old high alchemy spell had.

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Everyone, cool down!  I can see where @Blaze The Movie Fan is going with this.  Basically, if Normal Alch gives 40% of in-game gp value, and High-Alch gives 60%, then this Super High Alch that he wants should probably be 80%, in order to avoid devaluing things.  Take the Steel PlateBody for example...

Normal Alch, Level 21 Magic = 800 gp

High Alch, Level 55 Magic = 1200 gp

Super High Alch, probably Level 80 Magic = 1600 gp  <--  The true suggested addition, at least as I see it, and isn't that bad of an idea.

... and then we should probably stick a higher level requirement (Like the 80 Magic I just noted!), along with a mid-range or high-end quest requirement on it.  And don't forget to make the quest completable by F2P'ers. :)

Beyond that, please don't try to blow it so far out of proportion.  I actually felt the whole time that I used to play RuneScape, except when I was enjoying something with other people (friends/buddies/etc.) in-game, like Jagex was trying to make F2P gameplay a mind-destroying lesson in futility.  Let's not pass that feeling further down the line, alright?  This idea, if it went through, might finally put the last nail into killing off the illegal RWT industry's function on RuneScape, as players would finally get gp fast enough to be happy and not fall into rule-breaking. :geek:

~D. V. "I know what it is to be sick of slow gp gain..." Devnull

I do think everyone understands my point but just don't agree, which is fine.

You're all a bunch of hypocrites, you know that?

You are not ok with an improved version of high level alchemy, yet when surge spells and higher level jewellery spells were released you didn't complain.

That's hypocrisy at its finest.

re-read what I said, I am not a hypocrite, I am being realistic. This is how real life and in-game economics work. If you create more money, the money will be worth less, thus getting you back the square one. The only thing you will be getting from making more money is that your stack of coins will be worth less (so coin hoarders will have less of the total amount of money). Giving people a higher alch spell will only give a benefit for maybe a month, after that it gives the same effect as the old high alchemy spell had.

I am not denying that you have good counter-arguments against my suggestion.

But it's still hypocritical to be ok with some types of improved magic spells and being against others.

I just looked back at the threads I made in 2005, and they were very bad. In fact I was laughing at them because of how bad they are.

But I sadly don't think I have improved much since then.

Yeah, this idea is horrible.

Higher level combat spells and higher level alchemy spells are different, so it's not hypocritical.

It's already pretty hard to buy a ton of sharks in the grand exchange. This spell will only make it harder.

Most people cheat by using guides anyway, (and yeah it is cheating since they aren't legitimately finishing the quests, the only exception to this is if they only use guide as a last resort) so what the hell would be stopping them?

The only difference is now I acknowledge quickly when I screwed up, back in 2005 I got offended by when people pointed out how dumb my ideas were.

To any of you who want to look at the suggestions I made back in 2005, here is the link:

http://forum.tip.it/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&andor_type=and&sid=0deaf29bb3a1b558c1772f9fae435e88&search_author=blaze+the+movie+fan&search_date_start=January%201,%202005%208:40%20PM&search_date_end=December%2031,%202005%208:40%20PM&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&search_content=both&search_app_filters[forums][forums][0]=23&search_app_filters[forums][noPreview]=1&search_app_filters[forums][pCount]=&search_app_filters[forums][pViews]=&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&search_app_filters[forums][sortDir]=0&search_term=&search_app=forums&st=25

And by all means please do. I really would like to know if my suggestions have improved at all since then, or if I'm still the same moron now as I was back then.

Meh, it's fine you don't have to tell me if I have improved or not.

But regardless all my suggestions are bad no matter what. Not a single one are suggestions people actually agree with. (except maybe making pickpocket the first option.)

So you know what, I will not make any more threads in the suggestions forum for at least three months.

And this also goes to the rants forum since my rants are just as bad.

I'm sorry for all the awful suggestions, at least I now realize that they're crap unlike in 2005 when I ignored any legitimate problems people had, so there's that.

So yeah, farewell.

I might keep replying to threads in both forums, but I won't be making one, I promise.

I am not denying that you have good counter-arguments against my suggestion.

But it's still hypocritical to be ok with some types of improved magic spells and being against others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

noun, plural hypocrisies.
a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.
an act or instance of hypocrisy.

Please tell me how balancing a combat triangle when there was a notable lack of power pre-surge spells to all corners of combat is somehow a falsely superior position to not wanting to imbalance the economy by artificially pumping the value of items up in the current climate of how drops are structured and have been structured for all of Runescape's lifetime.

If you have an actual argument to make for the concept then make it. If you can't even bother to debate your idea without resorting to points completely unrelated to your original premise, then you likely don't have a good idea to begin with.

And guess what? This is not a good idea.
  • Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

@Blaze, it seems to me like you are trying to hard to find something to suggest, or to find something to rant about (in the rant forums). Instead of trying so hard to find those ideas, try to do it the other way around. Play the game and when you accidentally stumble across something you would like to have, or don't like, post it. To me it seems like you are going to play the game with the mindset of finding those things, which leads to many "weaker" small things that are easy to refute by others. Also keep in mind that we are just posting opinions, there are always good and bad sights to rants and suggestions. For example the good side (to many also seen as a bad side) about this suggestion is that it would make construction easier for ironman and players who get their main money resource from high-alching.

Retired item crew

@Blaze, it seems to me like you are trying to hard to find something to suggest, or to find something to rant about (in the rant forums). Instead of trying so hard to find those ideas, try to do it the other way around. Play the game and when you accidentally stumble across something you would like to have, or don't like, post it. To me it seems like you are going to play the game with the mindset of finding those things, which leads to many "weaker" small things that are easy to refute by others. Also keep in mind that we are just posting opinions, there are always good and bad sights to rants and suggestions. For example the good side (to many also seen as a bad side) about this suggestion is that it would make construction easier for ironman and players who get their main money resource from high-alching.

No that's not the problem, I'm not "trying too hard" to find something to suggest or rant about.

The bigger problem is the fact that when something pops to my mind I make a thread about it without even thinking if it's a good idea or not.

Well, in my YouTube videos I plan them weeks ahead of time, therefore most of the times I know beforehand if a video I'm about to make is a bad idea or not.

I should think a bit about my suggestions/rants before posting. Which I won't be doing until September because like I said, I'm not making any more threads for 3 months.

Also, so far no one has told me if the suggestions I make now are any better than the ones I made in 2005. And no I don't expect you to read the long as hell threads I made back then, but the responses to them did tell the main issues with them. I still wanna know if the suggestions I made in the past 3 years are any better than the ones I made in 2005.

And yeah, Kimberly, I now realize how awful this suggestion is, that's exactly the reason I'm not making any more threads in rants/suggestions for at least 3 months now.

I now realize how awful this suggestion is, that's exactly the reason I'm not making any more threads in rants/suggestions for at least 3 months now.

You can make rants/suggestions just as long as you actually think about them :|

Luck be a Lady

<*pokes Blaze*>

Blaze, I don't post around this area unless I have a good-sized opinion about a matter.  You didn't realize from how I worded my post that I actually liked and agreed with your idea?  Don't block yourself for a length of time, just keep the ideas coming when you hit a snag. :(

~D. V. "depressively confused" Devnull

[Multiple Edits by Post Author for Thought Communication.]

Edited by D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)