Incorrectly banned for using OSBuddy?

0wningy0u

So recently I have been leveling a new account going by the name of 0wningy0u which I started after just coming back to oldschool Runescape a few days ago. It started off good, did some research into what clients everyone is using now a-days, good-ol swift kit seemed like it was a bit outdated and slowly losing the best rs client race against OSBuddy -  so I decided to go pro and use the OSBuddy client with my newly created account. Now with uni holidays and lots of spare time,i figured it  would be wise to use this time to my advantage to set up a pker for when I have free time in the future to do a bit of casual pking and just generally have some fun. Then all of a sudden - BAM. Hit with the ban hammer after about 5 days of membership, this happened at about 11pm my time whilst I had just moved from pest control (trying to obtain full void) to the range guild to do a bit or archery practice and cash in some of my previously gained archery tickets.

I'm not quite sure what triggered the ban but I find it rather unfortunate that my character was even detected as a bot. The account has never been botted, hand leveled from day one and 100% only has been used via the OSBuddy client, which to the best of my knowledge is completely approved of and legit.

Now, what I find even more unfortunate is the blantant inability to appeal a ban for old shool runescape. Obviously not all bot detection systems can be 100% accurate, right? Surely innocent people are banned for a crime they didn't commit - where is the support when it comes to this sort of thing.

Luckily the ban is only for two days but it means I still get an ugly half empty/full botting bar under my account status, and have to live in fear that maybe - just maybe, they may make a mistake again and that will be the last of the account so much time and effort has gone into.

I wish I could appeal, get them to recheck (and if I had twitter id probably be messaging JagexSupport) however I know that the support in this area is lacking and I would most likely be wasting my time. I literally have millions of screenshots of my game play, as I was planning on making a vid at some point or rather but as screenshots don't count towards "appeals" because they could be "tampered" with (who would waste there time tampering with over 100 screenshots).

The useful thing I found is that OSBuddy takes screenshots for you when you gain a level or do any quests.. so I also have all of those.

Because of all this Ill probably end up making a new account, I just wanted to let the community know that innocent players do indeed get banned sometimes and its unfortunate that there isnt much they can do it response.

NOW IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY BELOVED ACCOUNT (Note the client throughout the screenies) <3

2z4e982.png

33faib7.png

wjg9kk.png

fvikvl.pngo8flv7.png

21e14za.png

1z1b9yb.png

Usually bans for botting and such are issued several weeks after they first detect something. Are you sure you weren't botting or doing anything of that nature prior to making this account? You can try contacting Jagex through Account Help, but they tend to ignore queries about botting bans unless it's an issue of a hijacked account, so it's not a guaranteed response.

If not, I suppose you could go ask them on their forums for help, but there isn't much more I could recommend other than discontinuing use of the client.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Are you also sure you got a legit client? There are many fake OSBuddy clients out there for the purpose of obtaining ones account details.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Definitely not :) The account hadn't been logged into for around 700 days when I first started playing it again this week, in which I renewed its membership and bought osbuddy pro. The only two clients it has been logged in via is the offcial runescape client (when I first started using it) and the os buddy client once I had that all set up. Ill try something - just not sure what yet :3

And yes definitely a legit client, have the receipt for buying pro from the offcial osbuddy website and a forum account which shows pro status under that username :P

I would love to tweet someone who could help, unfortunetely I don't have a twitter account and weath wouldn't be of much help anymore :P

Unless you have something against Twitter, it's not hard to sign up for one is it? And why wouldn't he be of much help - did something I'm not aware of happen?

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I would love to tweet someone who could help, unfortunetely I don't have a twitter account and weath wouldn't be of much help anymore :P

Unless you have something against Twitter, it's not hard to sign up for one is it? And why wouldn't he be of much help - did something I'm not aware of happen?

He got fired.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

Mod Weath wasn't fired, was Reach.

Anyway this was on Mod Weath's page, along with a message to not tweet ban appeals at him. But I suppose you could ask him or Mat K as to whether your ban was accurate or not.

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/My_account_is_banned

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Weath and Reach are two distinctly seperate people- even on twitter Arceus

@JagexWeath is Mod Weath who is still at jagex and dandy

Mod Reach was fired.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sally's post kind of threw me for a loop and made me think they were both fired. My mistake though  :oops: .

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

That's kind of strange, I've never had that problem with OSBuddy, you're SURE that you were being legit? It's a tad bit hard to believe, no offence... just my personal opinion.

L8vABnV.gif

"Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud"

uPMa5XA.gif2OzAFSr.gif

[spoiler=RS Stats]Leah_Lkn.png

That's kind of strange, I've never had that problem with OSBuddy, you're SURE that you were being legit? It's a tad bit hard to believe, no offence... just my personal opinion.

I understand that its probably not very often that someone playing legit does get banned. But definitely was in this circumstance :)

If you were indeed mistaken for a bot, it wasn't because of OSBuddy.

Given that about half of the OSRS population plays through OSBuddy, if the client tricked Jagex into thinking you were a bot, then I think we would have heard way more stories of people being banned while using it.