RuneScape Road Trip - from 1st May

Arceus

RuneScape Road Trip – 1st May 2015

RuneScape Road Trip 2015 kicks off on the 1st of May – a month of task chasing and community events for RuneScape members where you'll uncover some cool rewards.

Tick off tasks in your new Road Trip Journal – by yourself or with JMod help – and unlock the four-tier Explorer's Aura, which grants you increasing access to your own personal combat or skilling area throughout the month.

Complete the lot and get a new companion pet, plus the Hiker's outfit and Partyhat Firemaking animation, if you missed them last year.

Read on for more information!

How to Play

To start, speak to Challenge Mistress Fara in Burthorpe or Challenge Mistress Heriau in Prifddinas. They'll give you your Road Trip Journal so you can get started.

You can manually complete one task per day. You can also automatically complete tasks, using chits gained once per day by heading to Lumbridge Crater and receiving one from a JMod!

To make sure no-one misses out, JMods will dispatch a team of highly trained JMod clones every four hours on weekends, as well as the 4th and 25th of May.

With those two exceptions, JMods will be available - in person - every weekday in May to hand out chits at 12:00 UTC and 16:00 UTC with JMod clones available regularly outside those hours. For full details of when you can collect your chits from JMods or their cloned counterparts, check out the JMod Schedule forum thread.

Note that chits can be stored up and used at any point during the month.

Tasks fall into four categories:

Skilling:

• Complete a Dungeoneering floor on complexity 6.
  • Gather your daily limit from divine locations.
  • Teleport two filled urns of any sort in a single day.
  • Use a combined total of 100 bars and/or leather (any combination) through normal skilling in a single day.
  • Train 15 different skills in a single day.

Combat:

• Complete a slayer assignment.
  • Summon and destroy the Fragmented Spirit, which is attracted to death.
  • Kill or die to another player in the Wilderness.
  • Kill a creature of at least your combat level.
  • Duel another player at the Al Kharid Arena.

Social/Minigame:

• Play a round of Castle Wars.
  • Complete a Sinkhole.
  • Gain a life point boost from a bonfire tended by at least four other players.
  • Pop a balloon at the Falador Party Room.
  • Enter someone else's player-owned house.

Miscellaneous:

• Complete a Treasure Trail.
  • Complete a quest or Tears of Guthix.
  • Complete a Daily Challenge.
  • Visit the Grand Exchange while you have six buy or sell offers active.
  • Find the Idol of Billy the Goat.

Rewards

Each task you complete – manually or by skipping – gets you an XP lamp.

Complete a category and you'll unlock the Explorer's Aura. Once per day– for 30 days from when you first unlock it – this will grant you access to an instanced area where you can skill or kill to your heart's content, with increased XP and gathering rates.

Right-click the aura itself to spawn a portal to the area. Whenever you enter, you'll choose whether it contains combat or skilling content. It will contain enemies or skilling spots appropriate to your level, and you can change by leaving and re-entering the area. It'll always contain a bank chest and deposit box.

As you complete more categories, the aura's tier will increase – and so will its activation time:

• Tier 1: 5 minutes
  • Tier 2: 10 minutes
  • Tier 3: 20 minutes
  • Tier 4: 30 minutes

Note that – upon increasing tier – the aura can be activated again the same day.

Each category will also reward you with a compass piece, and when you've got all four of these the completed compass will lead you to the final Road Trip reward: a companion pet and large XP lamp.

You can also get the hiker's outfit from last year by claiming the journal and completing categories, if you don't already have it:

• Hiker's boots and gloves: claim the journal
  • Hiker's cap: skilling
  • Hiker's jacket: combat
  • Hiker's leggings: social/minigames
  • Hiker's backpack: miscellaneous

Finally, you can claim the Partyhat Firemaking animation override by completing all the categories, if you don't have it from last year.

Bonus Weekends

We're also running a set of bonus weekends, similar to last year. The order and duration of some of the bonuses has changed, so do read through the list below.

Note that all bonuses start and end at 12:00 UTC (Game Time), on the days given. Ironman accounts are not eligible for these bonuses.

Skiller Weekend | 1st May - 4th May

• Double XP and reputation at Artisan's Workshop.
  • Increased node spawns and reward points at Runespan.
  • Double gold relic, sceptre and Black Ibis drops at Pyramid Plunder.
  • Enriched divination nodes spawn every 10 minutes.
  • Fishing spots stay in place twice as long.
  • Divination wisps last twice as long.
  • Mining nodes and trees replenish twice as quickly.
  • +50% base Big Chinchompa XP.

Minigame Weekend | 8th May - 11th May

• +1 Castle Wars gold ticket per game.
  • Double points from Stealing Creation.
  • Double points from Pest Control/Conquest.
  • Double Zeal from Soul Wars.
  • Bosses killed in Dominion Tower count as two for the purposes of reward unlocks.
  • Double produce points at Livid Farm.

Dungeoneering Weekend | 15th May - 18th May

• Double dungeoneering tokens, including Sinkholes.
  • +50% base Sinkholes XP.

Special Ports Bonus | 15th May - 1st June

Ports offer 25 voyages a day instead of 15.

Slayer & Boss Weekend | 22nd May - 25th May

• +50% base Slayer XP.
  • Double Slayer points.
  • Expanded drop tables for Kalphite King, Giant Mole and Barrows - Rise of the Six.
  • All charm drops offer an extra charm.
  • Double amounts of all rare drops, and the ring of wealth doubles in effectiveness.

There are some cracking bonuses to be had over the May weekends, so gather some friends and get stuck in!

Enjoy!

Hit the road and have a magnificent May! Have fun, and let us know your thoughts over on the forums.

The RuneScape Team

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Nothing at all in the whole post? Or just the weekends stuff? I suppose it's fair not to have it in the spirit of Ironman, but they could at least give a cosmetic outfit. Oh well :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I stopped caring about cosmetic outfits when they became like overrides, somehow doesn't feel the same as those outfits you really have as an item :P

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Absolutely nothing for Ironman. Which I think is a shame. The concept of DIY that it was based on was much more reasonable the random you can or can't do it that comes out from Jagex is rediculous.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Absolutely nothing for Ironman. Which I think is a shame. The concept of DIY that it was based on was much more reasonable the random you can or can't do it that comes out from Jagex is rediculous.

Alternatively, it's much less random this way because what you can and can't do isn't affected by the calendar or this week's TH promo. It's more consistent.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

hvJ8f.png

:cry: :cry:  :cry: :cry:  :cry: :cry:  :cry: :cry:  :cry: :cry:  :cry: :cry:

• Like 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

hvJ8f.png

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I assume those are tears of joy? :D

I went from 350k->770k livid in like... half a week. at like 18k points an hour.

Now i have to race and finish livid before the bxp weekend so that my comp cape isn't invalidated

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I went from 350k->770k livid in like... half a week. at like 18k points an hour.

Now i have to race and finish livid before the bxp weekend so that my comp cape isn't invalidated

Oooooor you could wait until the event and cut the amount of time you have to spend there in half! I won't tell anyone you didn't waste your life there if you won't :-D

Wonder if anyone will actually play Soul Wars for double zeals conisdering it's semi dead. :/ Guess I'ma do Stealing Creations and get some bxp for Mining. ^_^

Scapin' since September 2007 and Hardcore Ironwoman since October 2014.

at some point, jagex is going to figure out that people would leap off of a cliff for prestige and organize a big event to livestream people plunging to their doom for rs

Its not prestige - idgaf about that. I just don't feel like being hassled by certain members of the tip.it community. 

@ALG, I'm already at 785k points... I'll just... stay here. *sigh*

Hah. Nah I'm just working on coding this program I wrote in between cycles.

That and spamming Canafis tasks on alt for points.

Wonder if anyone will actually play Soul Wars for double zeals conisdering it's semi dead. :/ Guess I'ma do Stealing Creations and get some bxp for Mining. ^_^

I might play SW that weekend, provided I find som time. Still have to finish those hybrid pieces.

I might play SW that weekend, provided I find som time. Still have to finish those hybrid pieces.

I know a friends chat for that which might possibly run during that weekend, pm me

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

W6 J-Mod clone stamping for Road Trip! Oh wait.. 200 drakes, massive amounts of players, constant disconnections, being unable to log in for several minutes after DCs...

I can't handle this chit.

2dgucz6.png

They can't just make the tasks longer but let us do more then one or two a day can they....

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I would say it is a daunting task to even get a Chit from a clone ="3

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Tried to get into W6 at 1AM, crashed about 15 times just to get into the world, took me 40 minutes. And then I needed to enter the crater... Eventually I reached the crater at 1.56, where I heard the clone despawned after the first crash of that world. Then the world DCed again and since then my account is 'still logged in'. -.-