Solo GWD Question...

Ishamael

So I'm looking for alternate money makers besides frosts since I get so darned bored there. I was thinking about soloing GWD bosses. However, I've never done so, and I have some questions about more recent updates.

First of all, I see they've added a grouping system. Does this mean that you can skip KS and head straight to a boss? Can you set up a "group" but just head in alone?

Are the bosses worth killing? I hear people train magic there, so I imagine it can't be half bad.

Also, my gear right now is sort of lacking. I have Bandos melee gear with a neitz helm, ahrims and a staff of light for mage and karils with dual rune c'bows for range. I know these are far from optimal. Currently working on getting better gear (thus the point of this topic).

Unfortunately no, you can't just skip kill count. I think you would have to make sure all members of said group system clear it, then they let you in. To be honest, I'm not sure anyone even uses the grouping system much. It didn't really take off much  :unsure: .

They can be very much worth killing, yes. Ideally you want to get to higher level bosses and move on eventually, but it's an excellent starting point for getting into things. Keep in mind that once you get good, you will be slaying Bandos in under a minute, so kills go by quickly. It is somewhat contingent on luck though. Another option that is not half bad in terms of money and slightly easier is to kill the GWD minions rather than bosses.

You seem to be asking implicitly if it's worthwhile to kill bosses over frosts - it may take a bit of time to learn but it shouldn't be too bad, and can be comparable. I don't think it will blow frost dragons out of the water but it's definitely something to give a try if you're getting bored or need more variety.

Your gear is good for now, but as you make money it would probably be wise to put it toward some of the things that were suggested on the other thread you made - probably starting with drygores :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Grouping systems teles your group to the closest tele to the boss... so for the gwd bosses it actually teles you to burth.

You still need killcount.

They are very much worth killing. You can do bandos with mage if you buy gano.

I would recommend maybe selling the bandos and getting an armadyl battlestaff and gano armor, and buy some grand magic potions. You can last quite a while at bandos with that. Pick up bones and other drops. You can make a fair amount of money from that :)

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum