[1-6-15] Tuska World Event

Leik

Tuska World Event

Tuska approaches, and Gielinor must unite or be devoured, as have so many worlds before.

Head into space – onto the back of the beast goddess herself – and traverse fragments of sundered worlds to gather divine energy.

Use this to charge a mighty god spear and rain down punishing blows upon Tuska, gaining glory for your faction of choice.

Fight hard to put your faction at the forefront of the battle, and claim rewards – including a new warpriest set, an ability that does huge damage to Slayer targets, emotes, cosmetic overrides and plenty of XP.

Be part of RuneScape history in this epic battle. It's sure to have a lasting impact on Gielinor!

How to Start

Requirements

None. Free players and members of any level can participate in the World Event.

Many of its rewards are only of use to RuneScape members.

To get to Tuska, simply access the new lodestone teleport (automatically unlocked) that takes you straight onto her back.

Once you're there, speak to a representative of the four factions present – Armadyl, Saradomin, Zamorak and the Godless – and pledge yourself to one of these.

The event plays out hourly, as a twenty-minute D&D for 1-10 players. You can start in any of three ways:

• Use the Grouping System to make a team of people you know, then talk to Wizard Chambers on Tuska's back.
  • To queue for a random group, click on the edge of the island closest to Tuska's back.
  • To play solo, start a group of one through the Grouping System, and speak to Chambers.
Note that the encounters scale in accordance with the number of players in the group.

As the event plays out, you will jump between four islands – orbiting fragments of worlds that Tuska has destroyed.

On each, you'll skill or fight to gather divine energy – click the information icon on the interface at the top of the screen if you need to know what to do. Doing so will charge your god spear, and earn you reward points to spend.

You'll visit the islands in random order, and spend 5 minutes on each. Over the course of the islands, you'll need to charge up your god spear by at least 10% (shown in the top interface) to reach Tuska's head, where you'll strike her a blow, earning victory points for your faction.

Rewards

Points earned during the Tuska event can be spent by talking to the faction representatives and opening the reward shop:

• World Eater armour: this is the new warpriest set. It's hybrid armour, with stats equivalent to 25, 50 or 75, depending on your Defence level. Note that level 75 stats are only available to members. Wearing the full set gives you a chance to max-hit enemies in combat.
  • Tuska's Wrath: this basic ability deals huge damage – based on a multiple of your Slayer level – to monsters you've been assigned by a Slayer master. Note that this doesn't affect some more powerful enemies, such as the Queen Black Dragon.
  • Cosmetic Overrides: god spear (two-handed melee) and telescope (off-hand magic).
  • Previous World Event armour and abilities.
  • XP lamps.
There are also four titles, unlocked by dealing increasing levels of total damage to Tuska.

Have Fun!

Fight for your faction's glory, and become a true hero of Gielinor. Enjoy, and let us know your thoughts over on the forums.

The RuneScape Team

[hide=Patch Notes]

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

• The 'Champion of Champions' title will now stay enabled across game sessions.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

• The combat version of the kyzaj used in The Mighty Fall's tournament's final round can no longer be smuggled out via the new Death inventory.

Other:

• Items with a fixed reclaim value (such as the asylum surgeon's ring) now correctly use that value for determining risked wealth and determining default items to auto-protect.
  • Runic staves and wicked robes will no longer be destroyed on death.
  • The warning message when Death will keep items for less than an hour is now red.
  • Players can once again use bolt racks with Karil's pistol crossbows.

Ninja Fixes:

• Glacyte boots no longer have Attack, Ranged or Magic level requirements.
  • The minigame spotlight shop is now protected by your Bank PIN.
  • Great white sharks will now count towards the 'Shark' and 'Barbarian shark' daily fishing challenges.
  • The "Dying of thirst" message spam has been reduced while wearing a tome of frost in the desert.
  • Butterfly and Magic nets are now magic weapons, allowing players to cast Bind on implings from a distance.
  • Pharaoh's sceptres are now level 1 magic weapons.
  • Anti-dragon shields have been changed to hybrid class.
  • Trade requests from players on an Ignore list no longer appear in the player's chatbox.
  • The master Dungeoneering skillcape icon has been updated in the skill guide to show the correct cape.
  • The Dungeoneering skill requirement on the Completionist tab now only shows as completed at level 120.
  •  

[/hide]

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

The area and the animations are extremely pretty, but its not very fun at all. The 4 Islands are Ok (Except the Tentacles/Spirits one), but the side content is horrible at best.

Plus capping points daily is going to a special kind of slow. Think I am going to stick to 1k a day till I get the ability/set and be done

Sig

Just wondering (haven't tried it yet) but the newspost only talks about 4 fractions... why not the other fractions, like zaros? I understand leaving death gods like guthix out of it, but why alive ones?

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

They've talked about why Zaros won't be participating many times already.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I have been away for a few years, so I probably missed all those, but I guess because he is unknown? Then why did they put a Zarosian advocating Zaros in Varrock, doesn't make sense to me. 

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I have been away for a few years, so I probably missed all those, but I guess because he is unknown? Then why did they put a Zarosian advocating Zaros in Varrock, doesn't make sense to me. 

From what I gather it's because it is "not his style". Its really probably because he would dominate, but who knows. Fate of the Gods has some good lore on Zaros if you haven't done it

Sig

You can literally talk to the Zarosian Emissary on Tuska and ask why Zaros isn't there...... 

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

It functions as T60 gear in P2P - the only real use for it is help ease switching weapons so you don't have to carry around and swap out several pieces in the middle of attacks. They also have special abilities if you wield enough pieces - i.e., a chance to reduce cooldown of certain abilities or a chance to reduce damage to almost nil, depending on the set. You could use boots, gloves, and cape for it, if you wanted.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Well I used Dragonraider armor in Muspah tasks (it qualifies as hybrid right ?) but it has a huge Prayer bonus (which helps a lot if you want to prolong the task). So it's not totally useless per se.

It might've been better to use underwhelming I guess :D

At the time I just found it easier to grab it and spam Prayers instead of going for a better armour. I still can't judge the World Eater Armour properly since the wikia (obviously) still lacks the stats of it. If it has any prayer bonus it might turn out better than Dragonraider (which is my favorite armour for some reason ... versatile and THAT PRAYER BONUS! :D)

You can literally talk to the Zarosian Emissary on Tuska and ask why Zaros isn't there...... 

Like I said, I didn't try it yet, but thanks for saying that :) pleased to know that they just did not leave him out of it for the sake of it.

Retired item crew

Capping seems to be rather loose as its based on xp gained whilst skilling and exactly what skilling you do affects frag rate.

The good news though for most is you can completely ignore frags and still get all the we3 rewards (23.5k for all) quite comfortably.

It's only really if you want we1 and 2 stuff (including the we1 titles) that you need to do frags.

Probably need to do a fair few raids to get all 4 titles though since 1/4 is at 6 stabs!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Tuska's Wrath: this basic ability deals huge damage – based on a multiple of your Slayer level – to monsters you've been assigned by a Slayer master.

"OMFG I HAVE TO GET THIS RIGHT NOW AND USE IT ON MY BLACK DRAGON TASK"

Note that this doesn't affect some more powerful enemies, such as the Queen Black Dragon.

"NOOO [bleep] COME ON!!!"

2dgucz6.png

I was using scythe and still getting 1:35 kills but it would been fun to be even more OP lol. ... Btw where TF are my 2H buffs?  <_< I'd hoped and expected them to come out today... -.-

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

I was using scythe and still getting 1:35 kills but it would been fun to be even more OP lol. ... Btw where TF are my 2H buffs?  <_< I'd hoped and expected them to come out today... -.-

2h is still going to be garbage, js.

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

is there a location that says who has won each day? the videos have indicated yes, but I cant find it. 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~