[15-6-15] Adamant and Rune dragons

Leik

Adamant and Rune Dragons

Adamant and rune dragons are here! Courtesy of Dragonforcae and voted for by you, they're fresh from RuneLabs and ready for battle.

Delve beneath Brimhaven and jaunt through the World Gate to Kethsi to face these new monsters in high-level combat.

Earn new rewards such as upgrades to make level 90 power boots, a dragon slaying ring and rare, prestigious cosmetics. Learn forgotten lore, too, as you uncover the lost secrets of the Dragonkin.

This week we've also got two new bank boosters in Solomon's Store – available free to members – details of the week's streams and news on the winners of our recent community competitions.

Read on!

How to Start

Adamant dragons can be found in Brimhaven Dungeon. They're formidable foes, so you'll need high combat levels and anti-dragon breath equipment to survive. You'll find more dragons behind magical barriers – passable at 70, 80 and 90 Slayer. Adamant dragons are available as a slayer assignment from Kuradal or Morvran.

Rune dragons are farther away – on Mount Firewake on the world of Kethsi. This new area is only accessible through the World Gate south of Eagle's Peak, once you've completed Fate of the Gods and Ritual of the Mahjarrat. The only slayer master who will assign them is Morvran.

To stand a chance against these mightiest of monsters, you'll – of course - need anti-dragon gear. It's also wise to come packing dragonbane ammo, as anything else will deal greatly reduced damage until the rune dragons' armour plating is breached.

Rune dragons also have a flight phase – all the more reason to come geared for range – and an enrage phase where their maximum damage increases with each attack.

Regular rune dragons are challenging enough, but elite rune dragons can also spawn on their death. These have all the deadly abilities of their kin, with a significant boost in power – and more lucrative loot.

For two weeks following today's release, there are increased spawn rates on both adamant and rune dragons, and an increased chance for elites to spawn when rune dragons are killed. There's also twice the chance to get an adamant or rune dragon slayer assignment.

ipFrx.png

Rewards

Speaking of loot, there are bags of it to be had for intrepid dragon slayers. Their drop tables are brimming with valuables, including some all-new rewards unavailable anywhere else.

Rune dragons can drop items to upgrade steadfast, glaiven or ragefire boots, making level 90 power boots in all three styles. You'll need two of the appropriate item to make an upgrade. The boots degrade, eventually reverting to their level-85 base items. Note that rune dragons only drop the upgrade components while on a Slayer task from Morvran. Elite rune dragons always have a chance to drop them.

The Kethsi ring is a possible drop from elite rune dragons, and imparts a 4% damage boost against metallic dragons when worn – 8% against those in Kuradal's dungeon. It also gives teleports to adamant or rune dragons – which can be shared by a social slayer partner, if they're also able to reach the dragons. The ring has five teleport charges, and is destroyed when those are used up.

Elite dragons will – rarely – drop a Kethsi scroll, which unlocks part of the cosmetic Kethsi outfit – styled after the long-dead mages of that world.

There are murals in Brimhaven and on Kethsi which can be cleansed with a fully charged dragonfire shield at 60 and 80 Firemaking. This grants a lump of Firemaking XP, and adds words to your Dragonkin primer.

Adamant and rune dragons also drop pages of the journal of a Dactyl Dragonkin who continued Kerapac's experiments on metal dragons.

Check in at RuneLabs!

Today's update really shows the awesome things we can accomplish through RuneLabs.

This month, we're looking for similarly monstrous high-level mobs - keep submitting, keep supporting, and look forward to more RuneLabs content in the future!

The RuneScape 'Guardians' Team

Solomon's Store – Bank Boosters

Solomon's offering two more free bank boosters for RuneScape!

Active RuneScape members can claim these two new bank boosters at no cost by simply log into the store and do so! They're are also available for free players to purchase, as normal.

On top of that, all bank boosters on the store are available at a 50% discount this week, so it's a great time to complete the set!

Enjoy! If you need more RuneCoins, you can get them by redeeming Bonds in-game, clicking 'Earn' within the store, or purchasing via the website.

This Week's Live Streams

There are dragons aplenty this week, over on our Twitch channel:

Developer Q&A & Beach Teaser | 16:00 UTC, Tuesday 16th June

Mod Pi, Mod Stu and Mod Kelpie are ensconced on the sofa this week to answer all your dragon-related questions, and for a cheeky preview of the Lumbridge Crater Beach content!

Ask your questions on the Q&A forum thread, on Reddit, or on Twitter using the hashtag RSDevQA.

Here Be Dragons! | 20:00 UTC, Tuesday 16th June

Not quite ready to take on the adamant and rune dragons yet? Never fear – Mod Stu will be taking us to meet them in a hands-on stream, as well as answering any additional questions you may have.

Competition Winners

There have been some awesome community competitions on offer over the last couple of months. Huge congratulations to these lucky winners!

Summer Sweepstake

This prize draw offered some awesome gaming loot:

1st Place | Alienware Gaming Laptop: Truss

2nd Place | Razer Chroma Suite: Fort40

3rd Place | Razer Goodie Bag: mastercjason

Community Road Trip

A month-long quiz and contest marathon with Cooler Master gaming peripherals, Bonds and RS merchandise as the prize:

1st Place | Ezra Scarlet

2nd Place | Haertew

Name Our Beach Boss

Last week, we offered you the chance to write yourself into RuneScape folklore by naming our new Beach Boss, hitting Lumbridge Crater this June.

We had loads and loads of fantastic entries, but the winning name - Clawdia - came from Sunwheel, who won some signed Tuska concept art.

Want to win prizes like this? Keep an eye on the news and the forums for more competitions coming this summer.

In Other News

If you haven't already, check out Team Omega's Dev Blog for a bumper preview of the Lumbridge Crater Beach update!

The experience given while participating in the Tuska World Event has been increased by up to 100%.

Players may now enter a Tuska world event once per day outside of the usual hourly time slot.

Gold Premier Club members will be given the remaining pieces of the lava outfit over the course of this week. Keep an eye out on log-in for notification of when it is added to your Wardrobe.

[hide=Patch Notes]

Graphical[/size]

• Bandos, various goblins and some Armadyl caravans are no longer invisible in the World Event 2 opening cutscene.
  • A graphical issue on the calibration device has been fixed.
  • Some incorrect height mapping in the Wilderness has been fixed.
  • Graphical issues with the unique runes in the Slug Menace quest have been fixed.
  • A graphical issue with the Death Lotus top stretching hands when interacting with the zombie gloves from Dimension of Disaster has been fixed.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames[/size]
  • An intermittent issue with Mobilising Armies' cannons not deploying correctly has been fixed.
  • Boss kills are once again counted towards unlocking the extreme medallion in Dominion Tower's Rumble mode.
  • Players can once again pick up Decimation during the Crucible tutorial.
  • Players can now re-roll Valerio's clue scroll reward correctly.
  • References to the H.A.M. hideout's old location have been removed from the H.A.M. vs Dorgeshuun court case.
  • Protean planks no longer make and drop an extra flatpack when the player's inventory is full.
  • Players will no longer be told that they don't have any summoning materials when trying to create pouches with a legendary Beast of Burden pet summoned.
  • A naming error in Seasinger Umi's dialogue has been fixed.
  • Spam-clicking to re-roll a captain in Player-Owned Ports no longer uses up multiple re-rolls.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements[/size]
  • An issue that could prevent completion of the In Aid of the Myreque quest has been fixed.
  • Captain Errdo is now mentioned correctly during the Grand Tree quest.
  • Corrected Rasalo's chat in Desert Treasure that still referred to the Shadow diamond as the Rock diamond.
  • Amended some capitalisation in the Underground Pass quest's demonic amulets and the TzHaar Tourist Guide from TokTz-Ket-Dill.
Other[/size]
  • Players can now remove and upgrade their Player-Owned House costume room furniture without having to empty them out first.
  • Due to player feedback, we have slightly changed the colour of the winner's challenge gem titles.
  • Players can no longer place challenge gems so close to another challenge gem.
  • Finishing a challenge gem competition will no longer state 'nobody scored any points'.
  • A typo on the information panel for challenge gems has been fixed.
  • Players will no longer be able to wear the hooded Quest Point cape without having completed the Dimension of Disaster quest.
  • The hooded Quest Point cape's emote will now be played correctly.
  • Players can now correctly store their hooded Quest Point cape in the Player-Owned House cape rack.
  • Players with insufficient coins in their money pouch will now be able to toggle their Quest Point cape at the Wise Old Man.
  • The Hooded Quest Point cape can now be keepsaked.
  • Hooded skillcape names have been updated to help distinguish from the non-hooded versions.
  • Unlocking agile legs is once again a requirement for equipping a trimmed Completionist cape.
  • Tiny Zemo's chores are no longer ticked off early in the Completionist list on the Hero interface.
  • Off-hand Armadyl crossbow shards can now be combined to create the weapon.
  • The Dwarven Instinct aura chest will now spawn when stringing bows.
  • Tuska's Wrath now uses the shorter cooldown when used on untaggable NPCs like muspah and nihil on assignment.
  • The World Eater armour now only has a chance to cause its special effect while at least 3 pieces of the set are worn, to remain consistent with previously released Warpriest sets.
  • Using the '1' key for 'yes' on a variety of dialogue boxes now respects the setting correctly.
  • The combat beta contract will no longer redirect players to a non-existing sign-up page.
  • The examine message for bronze arrows, iron arrows and steel arrows no longer refers to longbows.
  • Kal'gerion demons will no longer drag players into rocks.
  • A typo in Wizard Chambers' dialogue has been fixed.
  • A typo displayed when Ironman accounts attempted to mine meteors has been fixed.
  • It is now possible to pick up goblin priest bones.
  • Several incorrect spellings of 'Dagannoth' have been corrected.
  • Incite will now persist on the buff bar if the player dies or logs out.
  • Players can now configure their portable forge to decide what the left-click option is.
  • Players can now reclaim loyalty outfits from their player owned house.
  • Player moderators with Premier Club badges enabled will no longer bypass the public chat filter.
  • The undead trees in the grounds of Draynor Manor can no longer be killed by familiars.
  • The Macaw interact option on the Summoning icon now works correctly.
Ninja Fixes[/size]
  • Players can now turn on an overlay to display their remaining Slayer target count from the Interface Settings interface.
  • Herbicide will now state which herb was destroyed.
  • The World Event has been moved to the top of the list of activities within the Grouping System interface.
  • The charming imp's chat has been tweaked slightly to avoid confusion.
  • The Head Chef has decided that a sous chef's toque meets the exacting food safety standards of the Cook's Guild.
  • Added a Quickchat option for how many thalers a player currently owns.
  • Clan keywords and noticeboard drop-down menus have been updated with words such as 'Prifddinas', 'Cabbage Facepunch' and others.
[/hide]

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

A shame indeed. Would have been nice to have special rare drops for both dragons. I'm assuming they'll just be like mithril dragons except they'll drop adamant bars instead of mithril. Oh well, at least we're getting some new boots.

Adamant dragon just dropped Forcae's journal page. There are 10 pages to collect in total, it seems. Do Rune dragons drop these too?

Other drops from them:

Dragon mace

25 yew logs, noted

3 charms

Adamant platebody

3 adamant bars, noted

Rune scimitar

24 unf addy bolts

Super defence (2), noted (wtf)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Th...there's a cosmetic outfit? And no mention of Treasure Hunter? Other than that, allowing one free entrance at any time is nice. I assume it doesn't help in terms of points though. <_<

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Adamant dragon just dropped Forcae's journal page. There are 10 pages to collect in total, it seems. Do Rune dragons drop these too?

Other drops from them:

Dragon mace

25 yew logs, noted

3 charms

Adamant platebody

3 adamant bars, noted

Rune scimitar

24 unf addy bolts

Super defence (2), noted (wtf)

"Adamant and rune dragons also drop pages of the journal of a Dactyl Dragonkin who continued Kerapac's experiments on metal dragons."

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

2x 50 Bank Boosters free for members. I'm shocked in all honesty.

EDIT:

• The Head Chef has decided that a sous chef's toque meets the exacting food safety standards of the Cook's Guild.

It Happened!

• Like 2

Popoto.~<3

ipMzG.png

So Adamant dragons drop Dragon full helm. Would assume Rune dragons drop them too.

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Exp rates on tuska are op nerf pls and let tuska win

EDIT:
The portal on tuskas back has changed. Can now see into it. Looks like the raids place

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Rune dragons can apparently ohko you if you stand in the same spot for too long, or while they charge some special attack. Not entirely sure.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Rune dragons can apparently ohko you if you stand in the same spot for too long, or while they charge some special attack. Not entirely sure.

Some people on reddit are saying this is a bug as the enrage mechanic isn't reset to zero when a new player attacks it.

I don't know what to think.

hzvjpwS.gif

Some people on reddit are saying this is a bug as the enrage mechanic isn't reset to zero when a new player attacks it.

I experienced this first hand, it needs to be fixed if it hasnt been already. Really annoying oversight i guess

I experienced this first hand, it needs to be fixed if it hasnt been already. Really annoying oversight i guess

theres a patch made but wont be released till tomorrow

best update-breaking forges so you can't walk through them, block people from getting to their graves, block people leaving lodestones and such, genius :/

rune drags-glitched

forges-glitched

free bank boosters-glittched

next monday patch "it's a real update" week

• Like 1
baileydafrog.png

I know tier-wise this is astonishing compared to mithril dragons but

seriously

a boot upgrade from ADAMANT

and RUNITE dragons!?

lame xD

Adamant dragons don't drop the boot upgrades, and rune dragons only drop them on task.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Some of the demon mobs are fairly easy. Its the ones that hit 3ks and freeze you that are hard.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I think i am doing something right when i feel that rune dragons are even too easy to kill >.>

Oh well, my spring cleaner grinds with a pleasure.

What os your tactic?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think i am doing something right when i feel that rune dragons are even too easy to kill >.>

Oh well, my spring cleaner grinds with a pleasure.

What os your tactic?

They are a lot easier to kill today, with so few people there now, even the Elites.  Tuska's Wrath works well there

Problem yesterday was the Enrage glitch, was like playing russian roulette with the Dragons !

the_lad_1.png

I thought they degraded to the glacor boots they were made from

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~