[15-6-15] Adamant and Rune dragons

Leik

I think i am doing something right when i feel that rune dragons are even too easy to kill >.>

Oh well, my spring cleaner grinds with a pleasure.

What os your tactic?

Death swiftness and tuska's wrath is your best friend in there :)

Using worst slay helm + death lotus top/chaps + chaotic cbows + warpriest gloves/boots

2 visages in 20 kills >.<

Tach.png

From Mod Stu

Here's a summary of fixes I've made to adamant & rune dragons this week.

Hotfixes are already live in game. I'm hoping the pending fixes will be tested and ready for release on Monday, but if issues are found, some may be postponed, altered, or cancelled.

HOTFIXED
* Berserk damage is now only applied in the enraged phase, and the berserk damage cap has been halved - fixes the "Barry issue" (hotfixed on Tuesday morning)
* The entrance to the northern room in the adamant dragon dungeon now has an 80 Slayer requirement

PENDING
* For the purposes of tagging, rune dragons will be treated as a boss monster rather than a PvM mob. This means:
** Items will be dropped for the player that does the most damage, rather than the first person to tag the dragon.
** Rune dragons will no longer regenerate lifepoints out of combat.
** As a special exception, Tuska's Wrath WILL work on rune dragons.

* 10 extra rune dragons will be added to Mount Firewake.

* Rune dragons will no longer hunt players, like elite rune dragons. Adamant dragons will remain aggressive.

* Gravestones dropped on Mount Firewake will be moved to the World Gate.

* Rune dragon XP will be increased to be slightly above glacors.

* The Slayer kill targets for adamant dragons (from both Kuradal and Morvran) will be increased.

* Enhanced (blue) dragonfire from flying dragons will inflict fixed rather than random damage.

* Summoning charm drops to increase to 4 (same but no more than miths).

* Forcae's journal page, steadfast scale, glaiven wing-tip, ragefire gland, Kethsi ring and Kethsi outfit scroll drops will be listed in the adventurer's log.

* "I have killed x adamant/rune dragon" quickchat will be added

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/c=udvIOCQCe*M/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?16,17,659,65639306

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I thought they degraded to the glacor boots they were made from

~~~legoman187~~~

Ah, well that makes sense, the wiki didn't mention that at the time. Still annoyed that we can't have any level 90 armor for keeps (barring shields and uber expensive dyed versions)

Addy and rune dragon hotfixes and potential fixes and tweaks:

HOTFIXED

* Berserk damage is now only applied in the enraged phase, and the berserk damage cap has been halved - fixes the "Barry issue" (hotfixed on Tuesday morning)

* The entrance to the northern room in the adamant dragon dungeon now has an 80 Slayer requirement

PENDING

* For the purposes of tagging, rune dragons will be treated as a boss monster rather than a PvM mob. This means:

** Items will be dropped for the player that does the most damage, rather than the first person to tag the dragon.

** Rune dragons will no longer regenerate lifepoints out of combat.

** As a special exception, Tuska's Wrath WILL work on rune dragons.

* 10 extra rune dragons will be added to Mount Firewake.

* Rune dragons will no longer hunt players, like elite rune dragons. Adamant dragons will remain aggressive.

* Gravestones dropped on Mount Firewake will be moved to the World Gate.

* Rune dragon XP will be increased to be slightly above glacors.

* The Slayer kill targets for adamant dragons (from both Kuradal and Morvran) will be increased.

* Enhanced (blue) dragonfire from flying dragons will inflict fixed rather than random damage.

* Forcae's journal page, steadfast scale, glaiven wing-tip, ragefire gland, Kethsi ring and Kethsi outfit scroll drops will be listed in the adventurer's log.

* "I have killed x adamant/rune dragon" quickchat will be added.

* Summoning charm drops to increase to 4 (same but no more than miths).

* You'll be able to recharge the Kethsi ring by spending coins (50k per charge).

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I thought they degraded to the glacor boots they were made from

~~~legoman187~~~

Ah, well that makes sense, the wiki didn't mention that at the time. Still annoyed that we can't have any level 90 armor for keeps (barring shields and uber expensive dyed versions)

It's actually quite reasonable to have sinks in the game. It's been repeated many times before, but many new high leveled weapons enter the game, but little actually ever leave the game. When new items are continuously being created, demand is gradually lowered, and along with it the price of the weapon, making pvm gradually less and less profitable.

If this phenomenon is to be stopped, items that degrade to dust will eventually have to be introduced, made with existing weapons to create continuous demand for them.

• Like 1

That journal is such a tease.

[hide]

Think he succeeded in implanting his consciousness in a mere rune dragon or if we'll get higher level metal dragons before the big metal dragon/dragon kin hybrid is revealed.

[/hide]

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I know boots kind of are a running theme with slayer drops, but this update underwhelms all around for me. And because Adamant were released at the same time they are completely devalued. They should've, and could've, been different updates spread apart and more meaningfully.

• Like 1

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Missed the ash stain so i guess this is it for the metal dragons...

Btw wasn't the dragonkin home world destroyed from the last rebirth of the elders? So how was he going to get orikalkum.

Did jagex just mess up the lore that bad or does the kin homeworld and other worlds exist still in some form after a rebirth.

Personally i'm going to go with the kin somehow managed to transport their entire world into the abyss after the rebirth but then met the abyssal primordials and got owned and were forced to abandon the world and return to the real plane where they became slaves to jas.

Would be a great tie in to more lore for the intelligent creatures ruling the abyss.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Lol lost like 14m buying Ascension way too late then it immediately crashing after people initially hated Rune Dragons or w/e. My bad ofc, had nothin to do with the update itself but the wording in the update post stressing how useful Ranged would be there.

I'm also pretty sure that the slightly bonus from Asc doesn't even really matter there, but w/e.

I really don't mind fighting Rune Dragons much. I think, with the next update, they will be made completely unaggressive; my only real annoyance there is the way the dragons constantly PJ you... XD especially if you have an Elite Rune Dragon to kill - you have to tag the Elite as the normal one you're fighting is dying so that another normal one won't attack you.

The loot seems good, but we'll have to decide after the bones and such settle a bit better. I bought/made Hailfire Boots the first day and keepsaked em, lovin the look so far. :)

2dgucz6.png

How much time it took you to finish it ?

Erm, 5 days, because i have under an hour to play every day.

But i could easily do 20+ kills per trip (leaving because ran out of ovl/antifire/pray pots etc, so my setup wasn't perfect.

Tach.png

Honesly rune dragons are pretyy easy. They are one of those monsters i would qualify as a vamp aura monster. That means you need the aura to help keep the trip stable prolonged. You definitely need two trips even with the best gear and collecting stuff.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

With soul split and pernix on task, I didn't need but 1-2 brew flasks for a whole overload.

Mostly needed it when I had an elite and tagged int while I had my other dragon on me, though

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum