Monkeybillio - 07 Zerker (with drop Challenges) - Chaos Elemental Jr.!

Welcome!

This is my blog, where I will be detailing my path through the wonderful nostalgia filled land that is 07scape. This account will be a zerker pure, which I hope to eventually do some PvP on. 

Current Goals

Main Goals: Fire Cape, Karil's Crossbow, 80 Magic, Dragon Pickaxe

Smaller goals: 85 Combat, 87 Slayer, 80 Cooking, Void Mage Helm, Blowpipe

Quests to do: Lunar Diplomacy, Fremmenick Isles, Wanted!, Slug Menace

Drop Challenges

Basically I was pretty impressed with the idea of Iron man accounts but couldn't be bothered with stuff like mining pure essence, picking flax, and being unable to sell loot. So instead of making an ironman, I decided to just set challenges for myself. 

On this account, major items (weapons, armour, offensive gear) past black d'hide/rune/mystic must be obtained as a drop or otherwise obtained in a self-sufficient manner once, but can be bought from players after being "unlocked". 

This means if I want a whip, I have to get 85 slayer. If I want a Saradomin Sword, its off to the GWD. I won't be limiting myself to soloing bosses, and if a teammate gets the drop i consider it unlocked, but it does mean I'll have to figure out certain bosses with sub-par gear, which should be fun as I didn't do much bossing back in the day. 

I somewhat broke this rule for some smaller items and the black mask, just cause I couldn't wait to get started on slayer, but I will be sticking to it in the future. Probably will purchase annoying things like pure essence but I am trying to be more self-sufficient just in an effort to keep my account well rounded. 

[Hide=Unlocked items]

Dragon Dagger

Dragon Longsword

Dragon Scimitar

Dragon Mace

Dragon Battleaxe

Dragon Pickaxe

Dragon Axe

Rune Defender

Iban's Staff

Book of Balance

Fire Cape

Berserker Helmet

Fighter Torso

Barrows Gloves

Slayer Helmet (i)

Graceful Outfit

Amulet of Fury

Trident of the Seas

Toxic Blowpipe

Pharaoh's Sceptre

Barrows

Dharok - Axe/Helm/Platebody/Platelegs

Karil - Crossbow/Coif(2)/Leathertop/Leatherskirt

Guthan - Spear/Helm/Platebody/Chainskirt

Torag - Hammers/Helm/Platebody/Platelegs(2)

VeracFlail/Helm(5)/Brassard/Plateskirt(2)

Ahrim - Staff/Hood/Robetop/Robeskirt

Trophy Case (Cool Stuff)

Chaos Elemental Jr. (kill 21)

Top Hat

Black Wizard Hat (g) (first clue)

[/Hide]

[Hide=About Me]My name is Chris and I'm a 6'4" white male, aged 21. I am currently studying Chemical Engineering at the University of Toronto, Go Canada!

I've played Runescape since 200something when i was much younger and less efficient. 

I also play Super Smash Bros. Melee, my main character is Sheik. Melee tournaments are amazing and everyone should watch them. 

I enjoy alt rock, indie and mellow electronica, and hip hop. 

I love movies and enjoy TV as well. I'm a follower of Joss Whedon, all of his shows are amazing. 

This concludes random details about me.[/Hide]

[Hide=Milestones]

1200 total 

Screenshot%202015-07-04%2023.33.40_zpsv5

1300 total level 

Screenshot%202015-07-24%2012.31.56_zps8v

10m total experience

Screenshot%202015-08-21%2001.00.03_zpsvv

1400 total level

Screenshot%202015-08-26%2019.48.20_zpsie

1500 total level

Screenshot%202016-05-31%2021.35.00_zpshq[/Hide]

[Hide=Clue Scroll Tab]Screenshot%202016-06-14%2023.56.50_zpspj

Easy: 63

Medium: 38

Hard: 30

Elite: 6

[/Hide]

• Like 1

Early events on this account

Got this hat off of my first easy clue, thought it was pretty sick so I kept it. 

Screenshot%202015-05-22%2019.31.12_zpswq

Decided to camp easy clues a bit later on for fun, didn't lead to much but I'll probably go back another day. It involved a fair bit of silliness wherein I convinced myself I had to get a statuette myself to imbue my ring of wealth, which led to a lot of unneeded deaths. I got the ring though, and I must say I enjoy killing thugs much more than pickpocketing HAM members. Current clue tab below

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-13%20at%201.02.2

Did some quests, got some decent stats, and attempted barrows for the first time. Got my first drop on chest 21.

Screenshot%202015-06-13%2000.39.11_zps6u

and my second drop on chest 28

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-13%20at%201.40.5

Shortly thereafter I got an elite clue which I said I wouldn't attempt because of all the sherlock clues I couldn't do, but decided to try anyway, especially because the poll for multiple clues had just passed. I ended up having to grind 50-->60 woodcutting only to have sherlock come back two clues later and ask me to fish a shark. My fishing at the time? Level 35. I trained for a bit but ended up banking the scroll and returning to slayer, eventually getting enough strength to go pick up my rune defender. SOO that means current goals: 76 fishing, more quests, torso.

I got inspired to start this blog after being sniped by Steph at catherby, while fishing alone at 1 am my time. Who'd have thought. 

Stats at the time of this post:

Screenshot%202015-06-23%2002.05.32_zpshl

ayyy lmao

• Like 3

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Banged out a butt ton of Barbarian Assault today and yesterday, picked up a fighter torso and a couple role upgrades to boot. Actually super fun, might go for the pet in the future. Current max gear below: 

Screenshot%202015-06-23%2015.06.44_zpsiq

Next up I think I'll head back to fishing until 63 then I'll have to start questing -.-, probably will do some slayer too cause clues are cool.

I'm appreciating the hat puns people, keep em coming. 

Today I did Jungle Potion and Chompy Bird Hunting for a clue scroll, which ended up being worth as I got my first double reward!

Screenshot%202015-06-24%2011.17.16_zps4p

Dope! Might return to BA today with a friend. (ALSO APPARENTLY THIS IS 1/120,000? wtf)

Also I've added an About Me section to the OP today for kicks. 

The meaning of life is to fish. Got up to 62 fishing today and banged out some Cooking as well, got me up to 57. I've decided I'll stay with harpooning until my cooking gets high enough for monkfish, then reevaluate my situation. Probably will just end up staying harpooning until 71 as its not actually that far away. Should probably do some construction as well to finish up falador easy diary and start putting Tears of Guthix into herblore. Stats to date: 

Screenshot%202015-06-25%2013.49.19_zpssn

Screenshot%202015-06-26%2022.46.27_zpsyr

The fishing grind is REAL. Afkscape is best scape when melee tournaments are on. Won't get that much done this weekend cause of pride parade but should get some more levels tomorrow. Also did fishing contest today. Quests are ok but honestly i'd rather do other things. BONUS: critique my DIY fashionscape

May i ask what setup do you use for barrows? stats/gear? really itching to go to barrows on my osrs tbh :')

I feel the itch man! So because my range is so low, I've been skipping Ahrim; pieces aren't that much and its not worth the stat drop. I bring mystic + Iban's staff (u), with rune and d scim / dds for killcount. I use snare then 2/3 iban blasts before running behind the coffin and snaring again. Started with 51 magic and got quite a few levels along the way. I only do one run per inventory then tele to clan wars, restock, run into portal, ectophial, and fairy ring back to swamp. Then run swamp to boat and repeat. I use 5-8 monkfish and 1 prayer pot per run. Not bad on supplies but it is a bit slow. 

Finally finished off 71 farming and was able to complete my skill challenge for sherlock. 

Screenshot%202015-06-30%2013.02.49_zpswk

Screenshot%202015-06-30%2021.14.22_zpswh

but LO AND BEHOLD 2 CLUES AFTER IM SENT BACK TO SHERLOCK AND HE ASKS ME FOR A SUPER DEFENCE POTION????

Ugggggghhhhh......

I think I'm just going to do it though, will motivate me to do some more quests which should help with Recipe for Disaster. Here goes nothing

So it happened. I got 20 -> 61 herblore in one day, did 3 and a half quests, and got a +5 boost for a super defence potion. I returned to sherlock only to get absolutely rinsed by an emote clue. RIP all of the progress I've made for this clue over the past two weeks. 

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-03%20at%201.45.2

Dropped it like its hot. Also I think maybe the update reset my counter? Says 1 step completed but that could just be 1 step counted by the counter. 

Up next: Cook some of my fish to get closer to 70, try to do some more RFD sub quests.

Got 1200 total level so i thought i'd update my stats a bit. 

Screenshot%202015-07-04%2023.33.40_zpsv5

Spent the weekend in Cambridge Ontario at EXP, decently large smash bros tournament. Was great, played awful but had a lot of fun. 

Up next ill be training some crafting via orbs, trying to get 55 for my slayer helm.

Screenshot%202015-07-06%2000.28.07_zpsnr

Finished a few more cool levels today, and did all the rest of the RFD subquests I can; adamant gloves for now (still better than combat bracelet).

Screenshot%202015-07-07%2011.12.20_zpsiz

Screenshot%202015-07-07%2023.45.41_zpsy1

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-08%20at%2012.00.

Also did 3/4 of a bloodveld task and got a hp and a couple range levels, bringing me up to 54. 7 more for broad bolts.

Going to get to work on cooking all these raw fish in my bank, got actually motivated for barrows gloves now. 

Great goals!  I've tried, and failed, to get the Fire Cape at least 5 times but every time I tried was way before I was 100 Combat.  I'm now 121 Combat so maybe I can get it now.  Did you wanna add me on RuneScape and we can try to get the Fire Cape together?  BTW, I'm a 10-Year Veteran of RuneScape so maybe we can share some wisdom with eachother as well.  Best of wishes in your future endeavors (in RuneScape AND RL) and hopefully I'll see you in-game!  Just search for "Yehoshua_I" and you should be able to find me!

BTW, I also have a Blog on here that I originally started in 2007 and am just now starting back up again that you might wanna check out if you have time...

"He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly, who despises the gain of oppressions, who shakes his hands, lest they hold a bribe, who stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed and shuts his eyes from looking on evil, he will dwell on the heights; his place of defense will be the fortresses of rocks; his bread will be given him; his water will be sure." ~Isaiah 33:15-16

yehoshua-i.png

My BlogScape!

Yeah good luck with that man! I had to wait till Ganodermic came out to get it the first time, should be harder here without the safety net. Are you playing rs3 or old school?

Anyway... got some cooking levels today, making my way downtown towards barrows gloves. Tuna got me all the way to 66...

Screenshot%202015-07-08%2012.16.30_zpstf

at which point i started on my swordfish stack, which got me to 70 and beyond.

Screenshot%202015-07-09%2000.09.52_zpszz

Next up i think i'll finish off my bloodveld task, and maybe go back to barrows for mage xp.

General plan is get more magic so I can do swan song, then bang out desert treasure, then see how many quest points i still need.