Smithing guide update

I think Lumbridge should be added as a good spot for smithing training as there is a furnace, anvil, AND bank chest, all in screen range of each other.

7c0b9ea3fc.png

Tbh its not really all that useful since smelting and smithing at the same time isn't really a productive way to train smithing, especially if you are utlising any xp/level boosting aids like the skilling outfits sc hammers or familars, so the existence of both a furnace and anvil in the same place doesn't add much to a spot. Plus with the fence to run around to get to the bank chest its actually quite a distance away compared to other spots like edgeville furnace and varrock anvils.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Tbh its not really all that useful since smelting and smithing at the same time isn't really a productive way to train smithing, especially if you are utlising any xp/level boosting aids like the skilling outfits sc hammers or familars, so the existence of both a furnace and anvil in the same place doesn't add much to a spot. Plus with the fence to run around to get to the bank chest its actually quite a distance away compared to other spots like edgeville furnace and varrock anvils.

Depends on what you are making and how you are making it. If you are making for example ammo out of ores then it is better to do it at lumby. It is quicker to do it at lumby then to do it separate at varrock and edge. 

• Like 1

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

All the others require two to three clicks to go from banking to smithing/smelting. Lumby you can have it all withing one click away. Click on bank, click on smelter, wash rinse repeat. I just thought I would mention it because it seems so much easier for me, and thought it may have just been overlooked. Thanks for at least giving the post consideration.

• Like 2

7c0b9ea3fc.png

Thank you all - whether or not something is the absolute best in terms of efficiency, we endeavor to try and provide a reasonable amount of information on different options, to the extent that it is humanely possible :P. I've updated the Smithing guide to reflect the Lumbridge bank chest and also streamlined the tables a bit. Enjoy, and thanks again! :)

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

• 5 months later...

All the others require two to three clicks to go from banking to smithing/smelting. Lumby you can have it all withing one click away. Click on bank, click on smelter, wash rinse repeat. I just thought I would mention it because it seems so much easier for me, and thought it may have just been overlooked. Thanks for at least giving the post consideration.

GOOD, because I agree with Sirenix; it may not be efficient to smith at the same time as you smelt, but it's still a very handy bank,furnace and anvil combo; not only that, but it is useable by free players, unlike the furnace at Edgeville - or is that useable by free players these days?

Regards,

N.K.

"Give me 100 Space Marines, or failing that give me 1000 other troops!" - Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists.