Truth about PvM

Meranek

Hey everyone!

I've been working for the last few months trying to get the equipment, supplies, and levels I need to start doing some real PvM. My main question is: what do I still need to do/get? It seems like, for some bosses, everyone has their own opinions about what's best, but for others, gear and level reqs are pretty much set in stone. My original plan was to get Ascension Crossbows, and then solo Nex until I got all three t80 power armors. But I feel like that's probably not the best course of action. So what do you all suggest I should do? What levels do I still need, etc.? I should mention I play DIY.

Here's where I stand now:

-90 Attack

-90 Strength

-93 Defence

-90 Magic

-90 Ranged

-93 LP

-95 Prayer

-86 Summoning (96?)

-91 Herblore (97 w/ +2 God Banner boost?)

Armor/Weapons

Armor: Full Superior Melee/Magic/Ranged POP armor

Cape: All 3 Kiln Capes

Ammy: Dragon Rider

Weapons: Melee/Magic dual-wields, Attuned Crystal Bow

Gloves: Barrows (Auto gloves?)

Boots: Warpriest (Glacor?)

Ring: 6aC/TokKul-Zo

user1-light.png

General must haves for general bossing:

99 in all combats (attack/magic/ranged/strength/hp/defense)

96 summoning

Full superior (elite) void Magic + Ranged

Surgeon's Asylum

Ring of Vigour

T80 Nex Boots / Silverhawk Boots / t90 Power Boots

Things you will need for Nex solos:

Sirenic Armor (will probably have a few pieces by the time you get a crossbow)

Ascension Crossbow(s) OR Noxious Longbow

Seriously though, the Nex armors are really not worth going for outside of the boots which are basically outclassed by the new t90 power boots. I would suggest getting your Ascension Crossbow and camping Araxxor for a Noxious Staff and/or Noxious Scythe.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Thanks Dash!

I thought t90 Boots degraded like the Stryke Bow/Staff of Darkness (you lose the original item, but keep the upgrade piece). Turns out you keep the original, but lose the upgrade piece which works much better for DIYer's/Ironmen. Since I won't have to farm Glacors every 10 hours, I'll definitely get these boots.

I'd also just get t90 armor since t80 has been outclassed, but it degrades to dust and takes lots of hours to replace, so I will stick to Nex gear until I can find a better solution. :)

Out of curiosity, why did you suggest Silverhawks and Void? Silverhawks have very low defence, and Void has much better alternatives (at least it seems to).

user1-light.png

Silverhawks are the best hybrid boots in the game, and void is op as hell at most high level bosses (with Solo Nex and Araxxor being the exceptions).

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

90 combats with 95 prayer... upping these to 99 will help a very little bit, but do not make these a priority.

The only thing I could say to you would be to get herb up so you can make holy overloads. After that, araxxor, and you should be able to kill nex (so long as you are experienced) with T80s

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Make sure you can also make Supreme Overloads. (Requires Elf City quest)

+2 over reg ovl, also saves you money, so very significant.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Thanks MC!

I was hoping to get away with regular Overloads, but it seems a lot of teams are now requiring Supremes. Oh well, 96 instead of 95 Herby. Thank the gods for God Banner boost. :P

user1-light.png