Drygore Weapons and New Armor

Beeskers

Hello,

I am a returned player, I stopped playing around 3 years ago. 

Slaying and Monster Hunting are my favorite things to do, but I am not sure what armor and weapons (melee and range) are good/best. I keep hearing about these drygore weapons, but do not know which is best.. what weapons aside from drygore are good?

Can you guys give me some general guidelines in what to invest in. 

Thank you!

Hello, and welcome back to RS/TIF :).

With the Evolution of Combat update (and combat changes subsequently, almost all weapons and armour were standardized into "tier," or the level requirement to use it. Further, the tier of the weapon or armour is pretty much the determining factor in how powerful a weapon or piece of armour is. For example, a Godsword requires 75 Attack and is colloquially referred to as a "T75" weapon. Drygore weaponry requires level 90 attack, and along with noxious weaponry (two-handed weapons in melee, ranged, and magic) are the strongest weapons in the game. For Ranged there are ascension crossbows as well, which are a dual-wield option for t90 Range weapons.

Drygores aren't too bad, but ascension crossbows are kind of expensive (220M for a set). There are several other options if you want something easier to attain:

-If you have 75+ in the stats required for the Plague's End quest you can do that to access Crystal weaponry, which I would recommend. This would unlock the attuned crystal bow (2h)/chakram (duel wield) (if you have 90 Smithing). These are in fact better than the other T80 alternatives since it gives a damage boost based on your Agility level. It is also of note that there are melee weapons as well if you're interested.

-Chaotic crossbows from Dungeoneering - tier 80 weapons, takes some time to obtain but not a whole lot of money

-Zaryte bow (supplies its own ammo, about 40M though, and is arrow rather than bolts)

-Royal Crossbow - needs to be forged by reaching a certain stage in a fight with the QBD. Once you do it you have a T80 two handed crossbow which degrades, but is fairly cheap to repair. You also need bolts for it.

-Armadyl Crossbows - set of T75 crossbows for main and off-hand. They're quite a bit cheaper (though the off-hand is more, but that's another story) and can be bought off the GE without much drama.

-Dark bow, if you want something really cheap, but it's tier 70.

For armour, the standard GWD sets (Bandos/Armadyl/Subjugation) work OK for Slayer/med-level bossing and are fairly cheap. Royal d'hide is a slightly lower tier substitute for Ranged, if you are short on cash there. The next tier up is Nex (Torva/Pernix/Virtus) which is tier 80 and degrades, but can be repaired...or alternatively armour from a minigame called Player-owned Ports. That's kind of a longer term project but definitely worth starting up, either as a source of income or armour. Still higher are the tier 90 power armours (Malevolent/Sirenic/Tectonic), but these degrade to dust so they are only really useful for high level bossing, or if you really know what you're doing and want to squeeze the most profit out of it.

One other set worth mentioning is Superior Elite Void - this is two separate upgrades to the regular Void set from Pest Control, one from a Void knight armour patch, and the other after completing the quest "The Void Stares Back." It's sort of a niche use, but if you're going for the DPS role in group bossing or taking typeless damage, it increases that slightly..just in case you have a set hanging around or are interested.

I think those are most of the viable options at this point. Of course what to use varies widely on what you want to do...train Slayer? Mid level bossing? Endgame bossing? It may be overkill to use an expensive degradeable weapon or armour for regular Slayer, for example. Also, what are your levels in Prayer, Summoning, and Herblore? Those are important stats to know/train if you want to do combat, and what to invest in is contingent on your levels in those as well :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Okay, also DG level? Camping frost dragons is not bad if you have 85 Dungeoneering or are close to it and don't mind training up - otherwise maybe farming QBD for money, since you have the 85 Herblore required for super-antifires. Getting Prayer up to 95 so you can use Soul Split in conjunction with Turmoil/Anguish/Torment and Herblore up to 96 (or technically 94 with some boosting) would be good investments once you get a solid moneymaking method down.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

GWD armor (bandos, arma, subj) is the best non-degradable power armor.

I don't remember if you already have drygores... but if you do, doing frost dragons (need 85 dg), QBD, or camping bandos can get you a steady income.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum