fighting capabilities advice

BobbieK

If I found that I easily lasted 2 fights with a red dragon with no food, antifire potion or prayer, but WITH super-strength, defence and attack potions, what do you advise I will need per BLACK dragon or black DEMON?

Getting up the courage to do it ..

Btw, not that I live for the GE or anything, but I've always thought it frustrating that although green dragonhide is used for a lesser skill crafting and ranging, it is worth less than the blue dragonhide yet the green dragons are harder to fight than the blue.

But I'd just like some advice on my question in my first paragraph :)

Oh, and also - if not the black dragon or demon, what would be the next hardest monster to fight than the red dragon?

I would advise putting away the melee gear and actually using a crossbow.

Dragons are weak to bolts, which means unless you are using T80+ gear you will see significantly better damage output by using the right corner of the combat triangle.

Especially when you consider melee gear is weak to magic attacks and dragons use both melee and magic attacks when up close, conversely get that distance and they will only use magic, which ranged armour is strong against.

Basically use the combat triangle to your advantage - monster weaknesses and the triangle have a real meaning in eoc until you reach the very top end gear. If a monster is weak to ranged you will do better damage with ranged, plus in 99/100 cases weak to range = magic user = strong against melee.

Also I wouldn't consider it time to move up the ranks if you can only kill 2 red dragons with ease and in general I wouldn't fixate on dragons I'd go get some slayer tasks and get more variety in there.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I favour the melee armour. I use ranged against greater and lesser demons, but it's only blue, I'm not up to crafting a full body of red yet, and my melee skills are much better than my ranged. With protection against magic prayer, while my prayer is a decent level, and prayer potions with a greater reverence aura, I don't see the superiority for myself with ranged against dragons. I also only use what I can make with the crossbows and bolts - my highest crossbow is the one I won - a magnificent (?) or something crossbow (there was a whole range of weapons named it, I got both the crossbow and off-hand crossbow, the mace, the wand and a couple other things which I didn't need so destroyed), and a mith crossbow which I am up to making myself, I'm not quite up to being able to make adamante crossbow yet, just got high enough to smith adamante the other day, I'm up to daggers. And the highest bolt I have is topaz or sapphire or emerald tipped, I think I have ruby tipped but I like to save half my rubies for other uses, sign of the porter and ring of forging. I don't know if I can make diamond tip yet, haven't tried it because I like to save my diamonds for when I can make diamond amulets.

I should be higher .. I've been with it since 2000 or 2001, got a vet cape, but I only play in spurts, like I don't bother with the community events coz I know I won't be around to see it through. Same with clans.

Maybe I'll try out ranged with a blue dragon first since they are definitely easy to me at the moment. I'm glad they aren't aggressive like they used to be - a couple of years ago upon a new return I went into a cave I didn't know and got mobbed by the green dragons and died and lost all my good armour :( coz I also didn't know how to get back there or that I had a grace period to go and get it, wouldn't have been able to anyway with the green dragons still there. Now I always have a back-up set of everything in the bank.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, but I would like to know what you think I'd need to bring to fight a black dragon or demon if the ratio of my skill is as I described for the red dragon. Put another way, if I don't need any tuna potatoes until after 2 red dragons, how many tuna potatoes would I need for one black dragon? If I don't need any for about 4 greater demons, how many would I need for a black demon?

I don't enjoy the slayer thing as yet. Only when I need something the slayer monsters drop. Like the cockatrice for it's egg.

Black Dragons are effectively easier to kill as banking isn't as much of an issue. Dragons aren't really worth killing unless you have super antifire/slayer or you want money. You would kill blues or greens in that case anyways.

There isn't much you couldn't kill if you wanted to just a matter of it being very ineffective. You should opt to do slayer if you want to have any kind of direction of what to kill. Most everything worth farming requires a high slayer level anyway.

Dungeoneering is another direction too. If you just want to fight stuff.

monsters like dragons I don't fight for farming, I fight them for the thrill and the thrill of the drop. Back in the old days .. "when I was a lass .." it was a thrill to fight Moss Giants and collect that muddy key and run to the lava maze, fight the demon and open the chest and get rubies and pizza. Dragons are THE fantasy aren't they? I'm like: "wow look what I got! and I nearly died!"

If you want hard things to kill then you should kill bosses. Giant Mole is an easier one and has a hard mode if you find that too easy.

Even go do like solo gwd you could probably get a kill if you tried even as a low level.