Destiny - The Taken King is Released!

Saru Inc

The Taken King sub-classes all sound like they could be pretty awesome.

Yes!

I'm very excited for TTK. I do want to get Ice Breaker/Black Hammer before they are nerfed, though :(.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

You could move items around on the iOS app, or there is a awesome chrome extension, Destiny Item Manager v3, that makes moving items crazy easy. Black Hammer will still be OP after the nerf and IB will become a glorified special ammo generator for BH.

• Like 1
tFtfA.jpg

You could move items around on the iOS app, or there is a awesome chrome extension, Destiny Item Manager v3, that makes moving items crazy easy. Black Hammer will still be OP after the nerf and IB will become a glorified special ammo generator for BH.

I finally received the Black Hammer tonight :D , then a Thunderlord from a Legenday Engram dropped by some random thrall... not to mention the Bones of Eao from *non treasure chest* POE yesterday... it's pretty great.

Also: Mfw the Bungie update today stated that Husk of the Pit will now drop again. #killedabout100BladesOfCrotaLastWeekend

Now Ice Breaker really is the last Exotic I need. Besides, I guess Red Death.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Or Gjallarhorn being replaced every time Xur would have had it. What's worse than a broken weapon is a broken weapon that is pseudo-rarer when it doesn't have to be.

Arbitrary stuff ruins games.

• Like 1

Or Gjallarhorn being replaced every time Xur would have had it. What's worse than a broken weapon is a broken weapon that is pseudo-rarer when it doesn't have to be.

Arbitrary stuff ruins games.

Indeed!

jzH1h.jpg

• Like 1

Does anyone have any tips for Skolas? I'm thinking of giving him a go today. 

Or at the very least, an average time for completion? (I'm guessing my first time will take much longer).

edit: ok yeah drop rate has definitely increased XD

jAyNI.jpg

XUR IS SELLING GJALLAHORNS.

I also have 102 motes of light I will spending praying for acd feedback and nothing manacles <3

I would be more excited but lol asif I have strange coins.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's only 17! (the Last Word was 23 last Friday). Weekly heroic strikes, and prison of elders will get you that in no time.

I got 70 strange coins from last Saturday to this morning, but 12 were from Nightfall...

I'm level five and stuck on a slightly later story mission than when I got stuck on mission 1. (I mean like I know what I need to do, need to do some bounties/patrol stuff for levels or bug my friend into helping me cuz I keep getting swamped by thralls, just a matter of finding the time to do it)

Strange coins aren't even on my radar yet, let alone getting 17 b4 xur goes away.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ahhh, man that sucks. Yeah I didn't even touch the story until I was level 15 or so, once I unlocked bounties.

When you say swamped by thralls, are you on the dark beyond or whatever, where the ghost yells "WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE!!! "?

I hated the transition from Earth to moon. I seriously wasn't sure what to do once I'd beaten earth. I didn't realize that early on that glowing i on the moon meant it was a new place... I tried the level 8 strike, but at level 4 it was obviously impossible. So I tried crucible and came back once I was better.

Yeah thats the one, where u open the array thingy then theres a bunch of thralls and a knight and what not.

Finally got myself a sniper rifle and I'm happier now, suits my play style much better to be able to slaughter from a distance instead of being forced to get quite close all the time.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Patience and Time:Sniper rifle of the gods. Your radar stays on screen and active camo turns on whenever you look down your scope. It's so fun

This thread should be titled "an exhaustive list of Saru's realizations about Destiny."

I just found out you can do the heroic strike three times per person! Whenever I heard before of doing it three times, I always thought people meant doing it on three characters.*

This means that the Bad Juju bounty where I did Nightfalls and Heroics over and over again with no reward... Dear god.

I'm talking like... 100s of coins lost... 

STILL... Xur here I come

*Or just once for 9 strange coins. God, how did I never think to change the difficulty level >.<

Or at the very least, an average time for completion? (I'm guessing my first time will take much longer).

jAyNI.jpg

Skolas isn't horribly hard, like the first time we did it, we completed it with only one wipe because we needed to learn the method of it so the whole 35 PoE took us no more then 45 minutes. The second time we tried, our third teammate was awful and we wiped like 30 times before I had to give up to go to sleep, total time spent in that PoE was like 3 hours. The biggest challenge is the perks/burns for that week, so if ads have the aggressive one where they don't flinch, that sucks, if their melee is increased, that sucks. So it's really how well you and your team can adapt and work together. It's just annoy that if you are on a time crunch and you hit that mark where you have to given up, you lose all your progress because of the lack of checkpoints. 

It's only 17! (the Last Word was 23 last Friday). Weekly heroic strikes, and prison of elders will get you that in no time.

I got 70 strange coins from last Saturday to this morning, but 12 were from Nightfall...

Primary exotics are 23 coins, secondary & heavies are 17. 

• Like 1
tFtfA.jpg

jAyNI.jpg

Skolas isn't horribly hard, like the first time we did it, we completed it with only one wipe because we needed to learn the method of it so the whole 35 PoE took us no more then 45 minutes. The second time we tried, our third teammate was awful and we wiped like 30 times before I had to give up to go to sleep, total time spent in that PoE was like 3 hours. The biggest challenge is the perks/burns for that week, so if ads have the aggressive one where they don't flinch, that sucks, if their melee is increased, that sucks. So it's really how well you and your team can adapt and work together. It's just annoy that if you are on a time crunch and you hit that mark where you have to given up, you lose all your progress because of the lack of checkpoints. 

Primary exotics are 23 coins, secondary & heavies are 17. 

Thanks!!

And here I thought Bungie was discounting it to make sure everyone got one XD

The subreddit Destiny is the best thing I've seen in a while: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/ 

The lack of checkpoints in POE is the biggest detractor by far :| I mean, I can see why level 28 may not have checkpoints, but c'mon. 

Edit: Dear god almighty, ~120 motes of light later, and I got everything on my wishlist o.O Nothing Manacles, Kepri's Sting, a beast Don't Touch Me roll, Wings of Ruin, Acd Feedback Gauntlets.

I also got No Backup Plans... seems meh, but I'm keeping, because why not.

Yeah the lack of checkpoints had the same effect on myself too, so even though I had reached 33/34 in the first two weeks after the expansions release on all 3 of my characters, I didn't want to find myself having to give up a bulk of time for nothing. I still don't enjoy run it, because I'd rather be doing something else but my buddy is really determined to get the scout rifle with a void burn.

tFtfA.jpg

My skills at Destiny are beginning to improve I think - Made it to level 10 now, deffo a fan of the sniper over other secondaries thus far and started to get borderline not awful in the pvp stuff (aka I don't insta die whenever an enemy finds me, I can successfully kill on the odd occasion and I can 85% of time figure out where enemies are coming at me from)

I get the feeling I may prefer something other than sniper when I make a hunter and titan, but so far for warlock I seem to fair much better utilising the avoiding fighting by sniping tactic where possible.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

#WARLOCKMASTERRACE

I'm playing on my brother's account now trying to get him from level 6-> 20 followed by 17 Strange coins before tomorrow am. Doesn't seem hopeful, lol.

The great thing about PVP is that weapon damage is normalized. The really sucky thing about PVP is that the perks are not. Which is fine except when you're a level 10 and everyone has Thorns, Last Words, etc.

Trudat but pvp xp rates are so much better than doing normal stuff (other than do missions when ur way overleveled for em so they real fast) and chuck in a few bounties on top.

Admittedly I've only played control thus far but Destiny pvp does seem a bit eh in terms of maps and core mechanics in some ways to me thus far.

Compared to the likes of Halo or COD the maps seem quite small and cramped so there is barely any scope for strategy gameplay moves because you just run into people at every turn.

And it seems to lead to limited diversity in the maps too they all seem to consist of wide open spaces with a few hidey spots and a billion ways enemies can apporach and cramped corridors with the whole map lacking much in the way of vertical scope. Like where's the really high, hard to claim vantage spots where a sniper can wreck havoc to much of the map? Where's the cover heavy wide spaces where you can really lure an enemy in and emerged behind them for a kill? Where's the spaces that give a real chance to sneak around and pincer enemies before they even realise whats happening? etc.

Plus the respawn mechanic seems a bit lame - the randomness is nice vs camapable spawn point for each team - but seriously is respawn me like right in front of the entire enemy team? Good game survivla chances, good game.

I mean its not like bad bad and I'm not a huge fps player so mhy views could be totally against the 'norm' but of what fps I have played these maps just seemed to be lacking in ways to encourage diverse play style

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Do you have PS4 or XB1?

And yes, PVP rates are godly. GODLY.\

Let me find some good screenshots of sniping places. Learning your way around the maps is one of the best ways to succeed.

Exhibit A-z:

OH MY GOD DOING THIS IS SO FUN

Edit: man I gotta stop posting while playing Crucible. That last round was 4 kills with a KDR of .2. #sorryteam

My average round at the minute is like 2-6 kills with a KDR somewhere in the 0.1

PS4 for me.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

My average round at the minute is like 2-6 kills with a KDR somewhere in the 0.1

PS4 for me.

Damn. I bought Xbox One for Titanfall, which I loved for about a month. I really should have gone for a PS4...

Yeah once you get weapons with actual perks on them, that KDR just shoots up up up. 

Speaking of which, I gotta finish my 2nd Thorn bounty...

In unrelated news: I can't get over how much I love the online transferring app. (https://www.bungie.net/en/Companion#Legend)

jCEXe.jpg

jCF2a.jpg

It's so damn useful. 

I almost got Xone cuz 360 was my last surviving console from the previous gen (wii and ps3 went buhbey mid-uni cuz i didnt use em) but then I was like I'm only doing this cuz I'm used to playing xbox. I then looked at it more objectively.

Exclusive titles past present and future that interest me - PS won.

Gamer friends who I'm likely to play online with - PS won

Cost of 'gold' and the kinda things it gives for free - PS won.

Exclusive content in franchises I play - PS won.

So I was like erm yeah PS4 (I mean I did get a wii u as well and I now own 2 3DSxl having giving 1/3 away to my bro and I still have a gaming desktop I barely use and a gaming laptop I do use)

Plv6Dz6.jpg