Destiny - The Taken King is Released!

Saru Inc

Productive weekend - My Warlock is now lvl 21.

Still some story to clear out + all expansion stoof when it arrives on 15th but I feel like I've actively achieved a reasonable starting point now.

Wanna keep playing my Warlock until I've done all the story and got somewhere towards the lvl 30 ballpark, then see about diversifying and getting my Titan and Hunters begun.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Destiny 2.0 is tomorrow!

Update your stats (if you track them) on DTR now so that they are archived correctly!

http://destinytracker.com/

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The 18gb for Xb1 took over 6 hours to download. Luckily my brother started it for me 3 hours before I got off work - which left 3 hours of trying to do homework while begging the Gods that the download percentage would increase by just one measly percent.

It should be much faster to anyone downloading it now, though.

Protip: Don't complete the subclass quests OR the faction quests until the TTK comes out. Otherwise you will not get the all the rewards and "apparently won't be able to re-obtain" per some twitter post I cba finding again.

Also: Gunsmith weapons are here if you wish to test em out - pretty cool. You need to do your Nightfall before testing the guns in order to get Rank 1 in time for next week.

Also the Rift MAPs are free for this week only for ALL Destiny players - Rift is so goddamn fun. Holy crap. My mind is only going to melt when Mayhem is released on Friday.

These new TTK maps are so fun.

I honestly can't remember being this excited about game before, besides Runescape.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

It's best experienced as a cooperative game, so having or knowing a group of guys who you can reliably play with is a huge bonus. As far as the new 2.0 update I have no idea on their impact to the game, but they've been making huge steps towards polishing up and to clean up all the issues that most of us have had with the game up until this point. This is probably the best time to ever decide to start Destiny imo. 

• Like 1
tFtfA.jpg

I'm all set for when I get legendary edition now.

Level 26 Warlock sitting pretty with all story done ready to play all 3 dlc and get into the new subclasses.

Level 5 Hunter ready to do some crucible xp grinding.

Level 2 Titan through mission one to do some work on when I get bored of Hunter.

Just need to actually get exotics and what not now.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Will be getting the game on Tuesday or so. Is there anything I should know in advance?

What Console? If Xbone, add me (GT Urtehnoes) and I can walk you through stuff.

1) Don't get overwhelmed. This game has what, 8 different types of currencies? All sorts of tokens, reputation, quests, faction quests, subclass quests, bounties, weeklys (heroics, nightfall), raids, yada yada yada yada. Some people I know got frustrated because there was 'so much to learn' about all that stuff, but if you take it one step at a time, it really isn't bad at all. And with this update on Tuesday, they merged some currencies so you don't have to bother with them all.

2) Once you get level 4, go to Xander 99 in the Tower, he's in the middle above the stairs, get every bounty from him. As you do story missions, you'll check off a bounty or two, they usually involve "kill 10 enemies on the moon", or something. 

3) Also unlocked at level 4 is the Crucible, the PVP arena where you can use your own weapons, and everyone does the same damage to everyone. This is a very fast way to level up, far faster than playing the story.

4) Level & Light - once you get to level 20, your items will start to have a 'Light' level - this used to be a really confusing system that, thankfully, Bungie has changed on Tuesday. Just know that a higher light level = more damage. (It can be seen as an overall average of your gear and weapons.)

EDIT: I actually am not sure if items themselves will have a light level on Tuesday... They used to, but perhaps that is done away with completely.

5) There are many, many LFG sites out there that you can use to find people to raid with. DestinyTracker is great: http://destinytracker.com/destiny/lfg?system=xbone

6) Companion services: There are (literally) countless apps, websites, etc, that you can use with Destiny. For example, the Destiny Item Manager Google chrome extension/phone APP allows you to move items between characters and your vault (bank). There are also websites that show you your stats, etc. It's really kind of cool.

7) https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/  Really awesome subreddit - there's tons of helpful stuff on there, and it's the #1 way to always be in the know.

8) Raids are really fun.

9) Destiny is a really fun game. I think it's my favorite since Runescape... Which is saying a lot.

10)  Xur, Agent of the 9. Every Friday-Saturday, this tentacle faced stranger shows up in the Tower, selling Exotics. Exotics are the rarest type of weapons/armor, and they are all very epic. You can buy whatever you want with Strange Coins, which you get just from playing the game.  http://whereisxur.com/ will tell you where he is every weekend, and what he is selling:

k9mn3.jpg

Un-related: I stuck a lightning grenade to thin air. I was kind of dumbfounded for a second, which is why I stood there getting shotgunned.

http://xboxclips.com/Urtehnoes/62ee1a5c-90f0-4fc4-b43b-3219d694b853

Edit: This was the best Atheon kill my team ever had. He was at a sliver of health, and there was only like 2 people left alive. Before Atheon had a chance to teleport them to Mars/Venus they unloaded their gallys on him without Times Vengeance, and managed to kill him right before we wiped from the Oracles.

http://xboxclips.com/Urtehnoes/9fd9b1df-cf0d-491c-b19c-9f802835380a

Was fun.

I'm all set for when I get legendary edition now.

Level 26 Warlock sitting pretty with all story done ready to play all 3 dlc and get into the new subclasses.

Level 5 Hunter ready to do some crucible xp grinding.

Level 2 Titan through mission one to do some work on when I get bored of Hunter.

Just need to actually get exotics and what not now.

Exotics are where all the fun in the game is. Xur is selling No Land Beyond - if you have the Strange coins, pick it up! It's a WW2 Primary Sniper Rifle of sorts. It's not the greatest, but it can be fun using.

After about 4 hours, I finally completed the Voidwalker and Sunsinger subclass quests. Dear god, that Voidwalker subclass quest sucked.

I think tips for ALG to be aware of in addition what Saru mentioned:

Be aware of what class you are playing when working out your play style and weapon choices.

Warlocks can't take a lot of hits, but regen fast. In general they work best when fighting from a ways off and aren't the best for accurate low fire rate stuff when you get close.

Hunters can take some hits, but not huge amounts. They are fast though. They are a good mix class as they can move between being right in there for some well planned hits and being backed up.

Titans are your tanks, they can take a pounding. They are the ones built for being in the thick of it.

Personally, so far I like auto-rifle and sniper on a Warlock - good for being far away, but when you get closer gives you means to get in some damage fast then hide again. On Hunter I'm a fan of hand cannon and sniper - precision shots for maximum effect. Titan I'm liking shotguns cause up close carnage and probably use a scout or pulse rifle.

This extends to subclasses as well.

Taking Warlock as an example

Voidwalker is very much a glass cannon using it right you can tear almost anything to shreds, but it comes at the cost of defence. On the whole it is better when working alone.

Sunsinger conversely doesn't really do much damage, but gives tankyness combined with quick recharge and boons for allies. On the whole it is better in teams as it aids others more than doing damage.

Stormdancer (from what we know thus far) would appear to be a more tanky damager outputting role designed to draw focus away from your allies and/or getting you out of harms way

A lot of my troubles early on with the game was cause I played Warlock but went in head first causing me to die easily. Comparatively starting my Titan I barrelled in head first and survived just fine.

Also @Saru you're not done. Bungie confirmed there are more steps to the subclass quests that won't be out til Taken King Lands and ultimately each sublcass quest leads to a level 40 class specific item (So voidwalker, sunsinger and stormdancer bonds, gunslinger, bladedancer and nightwalker cloaks and striker, defender and sunbreaker marks)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

^^ yep, thanks.

Also, something to keep in mind - Hunter and Warlock are more similar to each other than either are similar to Titan. There's a in-joke that the Developers hate Titans, because they're so different from the other classes. (Not bad necessarily, just different.)

Adding on to the super descriptions:

Hunter

Bladedancer - you turn into a lightning-fast, lightning-filled ninja, running all over the place slashing people up with knives (very fun!!)

Gunslinger - You turn into a one man army, with a golden gun that gets 3 shoots that one hit kills anything, except bosses/majors.

Nightwalker - Bow and arrow (Zaryte bow) that traps enemies in their spot - great for team play.

Titan

Striker - You are a missile. While not as agile (turning corners = hard), a Titan can run extremely fast and smash into things. The super move 'Fist of Havoc' smashes the ground emitting lightning and killing nearby enemies.

Defender - You get a big purple bubble that has great bonuses. You also get the best grenade in the game, a suppresor grenade, which.. does awesome things to enemies. 

Sunbreaker - You are Thor. That's exactly what it sounds like. (Flaming hammers!!)

IF you're not sure, I'd highly recommend Warlock - they are the most versatile of all classes. Voidwalker class (my favorite) is amazing. It's a glass Cannon class for sure, but a helm that you can get boosts up your defence. So, like a Crystal cannon. Their Sunsinger class is epic because you can revive yourself if you die. And their Storm caller class is epic because you become Emperor Palpatine.

And actually, I did get the level 40 Class items :) ... After an eternity doing the Sepik's prime strike

[spoiler=Warlock Lvl 40 Class Items Obtained]

kafqW.jpg

kafuj.jpg

... I totally get why Bungie did the 2.0 a week prior to TTK, because it would have been a mess to do both at once... But, man, this week is so out of sorts.

Also: Sy/Steve, either of you heard the Tower PA's lately? They've introduced a ton of just hilarious tower PA's that go off every 10 minutes or so. Things like "Guardians, having a ghost is no excuse for jumping off the tower all the time." 

^Nightwalker not striker

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Fixed, thanks.

...Just finished another run of Crota's end without a Crux of Crota dropping :(

O Necrochasm, won't you ever be mine :(

Rahool is giving Xbox players PS Exclusive weapons. Just got the Monte Carlo. OMG. So hyped.

Just got level 40 on my Sunbreaker titan. Wow. No spoilers, but wow, 100+ A+ etc this story is just sooooooo much better than Vanilla Destiny.

I've been home for like 15 mins and my playstation is still on 'preparing to download update' -.-

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I've been home for like 15 mins and my playstation is still on 'preparing to download update' -.-

On a similar note: 17gb worth of updates yesterday. That sure was a fun thing.

That was the one we all had to download at the weekend to add the Taken King content to the game.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

HOLY SHIT I JUST GOT AN EXOTIC FROM A LEGENDARY ENGRAM

kcwfg.jpg

I gotta say - this DLC is definitely worth the hype. HUGE amounts of fun so far.

ALG - Are you on XB1? or 360?

The loot is deffo improved for year 2 - I'm finding green gear all over the shop in the crota missions that outstrips the blue gear I've already got.

Also so glad i got the level boost from legendary, jumped my titan right to lvl 25 with a full set of rare gear to boot. Now I only need worry about noob grinding on my hunter.

I got as far as what I assume is one of the last crota missions where u destroy his soul in tht crystal thing today. Died to a thrall when crystal was near dead - was like my health is low but its so close to dead ill keep shooting. Bad choice. Will go back to it later this week, just wanted to do a lil bit 2nite.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Do a hard reset/regular reset of your system. Of course I have no idea if the PS4 set up is anything like XB1, but I had to do a hard reset when mine froze at 99% for 10 minutes - upon XB1 loading back up, it was complete.

WOW. 1st Exotic Primary Weapon from Year 2 - Got it from a legendary engram:

[spoiler=Picture]

kdLry.jpg

So far - it is insanely fun to use - especially with my storm caller.

I played for like 8 hours Tuesday got to like 118 light armor, was going to grind out more last night but work got in the way and needed us to work until midnight. The same is going to happen again tonight.. but at least work actually gave me a free copy of Destiny w/ TTK?  

tFtfA.jpg

STEVEPOLE, SY, URGENT NEWS

BUY AS MANY 3 OF COINS FROM XUR AS YOU CAN. THE RATES ARE GLITCHED AND PEOPLE ARE GETTING TONS OF EXOTICS BY FARMING LOW LEVEL MISSIONS LIKE SCOURGE OF WINTER. 4 PEOPLE HAVE VIDS OF THEM GETTING 2 EXOTIC ENGRAMS IN ONE KILL.

EDIT: only use one 3 of coin per kill! If you don't get a drop, the buff will be gone, but the next time you use a coin the buff will be greater. It is a waste to ever use more than one coin at a time.

Also the heavyweapon engram is year1,and costs 31 coins. Yikes.

deej at bungie confirmed rates will be nerfed, but hinted that they would wait til tomorrow at the earliest to fix.

I'm also at 289 light with a ton of exotics. You guys, like all the exotic guns are quest based. It is. Awesome. Omg.

Edit: This was from one kill. One.

kgiSD.jpg

All 4 engram types :)

In 50 coin of 3 (so 70 strange coins), I received 9 engrams. Including the Needler Fusion rifle (T something), and a Hawkmoon <3

Also yall should read the book of sorrows on the Ishtar collective.net. It's the hive origin story, and I really really liked it. Well, some of it was meh but now I know why the hive are all... Hive

I feel like those coin things will be fixed before I really get time to even try it and since I'm not maxed and have like no legendary gear even the easy missions you mission can be rather taxing/time consuming still.

In good news though my Warlock is now clear off all the Crota and Wolves story missions and is now a Stormcaller

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I feel like those coin things will be fixed before I really get time to even try it and since I'm not maxed and have like no legendary gear even the easy missions you mission can be rather taxing/time consuming still.

In good news though my Warlock is now clear off all the Crota and Wolves story missions and is now a Stormcaller

That's the great thing about it! You only need at the very least, 7 strange coins - which you surely must have by now. The mission itself, Scourge of Winter, is level 14, with a recommended light level of 70. This still works, I just got my 12th exotic engram not but 2 seconds ago. Given that King's Fall was released yesterday, Bungie has enough on their hands, and won't patch this til Monday or Tuesday.

Edit: For the record, you only have to do the mission once. The key is to use a sniper rifle to get the boss down to almost 0 health, then you run and rocket launcher him. You then respawn 5 feet away and can do it again, and again, and again.