[10-8-15] Fist of Guthix | Centralised Toggles

Leik

Well.. So far my experiences with minigames after a 2 year break seems like the majority of players think only about these "thalers".

FoG was just plain awful when I saw people playing it all wrong just to get as much thalers as possible. Sometimes my opponent was just AFK which ruined the fun for me.

I don't see what's the problem on the current timeline's point of view of adding new rewards to FoG when people would go there just for the thalers anyway. Think it of a bonus, nowadays priority is thalers, everything else comes 2nd. Sad but seems to be true.

Would had been better if they had updated FoG years ago of course, but hey it's better than abandoning the minigame for ages like trouble brewing, which is another fun game, but so much more could had been done better logistically atleast.

hokuspokus.png

Do not lose heart, fight for even the smallest hope. Do not give quarter to the forces of evil. Pursuit kindness and embrace love.

They were even more dead before, and Thaler was introduced as a (halfhearted?) effort to try and revive them, by giving a rotating spotlight on one particular minigame. Of course now that there is a spotlight, it is a waste - from the perspective of the metagame - to play any minigame that is not currently spotlighted. The problem with the new FoG rewards is that they are too little, too late. Most of them have very little or no use. For example consider fire runecrafting gloves: if you wanted to runecraft for experience, you would be much better off just playing Runespan instead. And if you wanted profit, you would likely have better options or not be so concerned about every last XP.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

But as long the newbie doesn't know about any better they can't probably tell the difference! :D

I remember that the greatest thing of being a noob in almost any game is that you just don't know what to do that it doesn't matter, just trying to have fun and explore, learn things the hard way etc. 

But yeah it sucks for the majority. Still there's always a bright side even on the most darkest of clouds. There are some gloves that I could use.

hokuspokus.png

Do not lose heart, fight for even the smallest hope. Do not give quarter to the forces of evil. Pursuit kindness and embrace love.