Fate of the gods nihil fight: possible on legacy?

wozzels

Dear all,

I was wondering if the nihil fight in the Fate of the Gods quest was also doable on legacy?

I died already 3 times (doing melee on all of them, trying to fight them one after the other and trying to take into account their specials)

Do you also have some guidance on which nihil to start with, and the subsequent order of killing them?

I found that fighting the ice nihil was difficult because of  the stuns of I didn't have a way to escape them.

I really want to be able to kill them on legacy so please don't just say: swith to eoc.

(I only will if it's really necessary, as I already once did for the Brink of Extinction quest)

Anyway, thank you for much for your time and possible help!

Greetings!

Wozzels

I'd imagine its doable on legacy unless you are going for all 4 on you at once for the title - cause that is kinda hard even in eoc.

The main thing with the Nihils is the right tactics for each

1) If they run into you it hurts, a lot, so try to avoid paths they are running on -this gets easier after at least 1 is dead

2) Melee is probably not the best bet as it makes it harder to move out of some of their specials whilst still dpsing.

3) Smoke Nihil is pretty easy his smoke drains stats, but if your overloaded or similarly boosted you can kinda ignore that

4) Shadow can drain prayer and life and it's aoe attack hits a lot. Very much a hit and run kind of fight to avoid the bulk pf the dmg

5) Blood as soon as it starts glowing stop hitting - it will heal itself and the others if you do.

6) Ice basically a case of start with high adr from a prior easy kill (e.g smoke) so you can go in hard early on and avoid being stunned to many times.

Choice of armour can play a big part two smoke and ice use magic, shadow uses ranged and blood uses melee

So overall melee armour is a bad choice as 2/4 can hit you a lot harder due to melee losing to magic.

Ranged and Mage armour are both decent choices as only 1/4 can hit you super hard - blood for ranged and shadow for mage.

In terms of ease ranged gear is probably the best option as with suitable stunning you can stop blood from getting in melee range so it can't actually hit you whilst having good def against the other 3s' attack styles.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

yeah i don't think you want to try for the annihilator title on legacy first. i agree with sy that melee is definitely not the best bet, you want to go for ranged on all of them except the blood nihil i think (mage it).

Be sure to know what they do, which Sy has neatly explained. As a legacy user, you can't mitigate the ice nihil's stuns, but you can avoid everything else.

For the shadow nihil, be absolutely sure to avoid the shadow traps, big black patches on the floor. They hurt a lot if you're caught on them, but you have a few seconds to get off them.

the safest position to be in is probably the west or east middle lane. standing at this three way fork gives you time to re-position yourself to dodge nihil that pass through it. this allows you to conduct the entire battle in a fixed location. alternatively, if you stand in the centre and two nihil start running through it, you need to run out of there as fast as possible.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

^ To add to the safe zone stuff.

Its worth learning which direction each Nihil runs (I can't recall off the top of my head). Cause they each run one way only in str8 lines with one coming from each compass point.

This means if you kill the one that is running N to S and then attack the one running S to N you instantly make the 6 paths that run N to S safe from being run into, as long as you are not on the intersections. So pick the order right and you can ensure 3/4 kills are safe from the being run into damage.

Where as if you killed the N to S guy then the E to W guy you'd only be able to 100% avoid the run into damage on the last 2 kills.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thank you Sy and Gwyn,

I managed to kill all the nihils with range, as you suggested and with blood first, then smoke (so I had the north-south lanes to rest), then shadow, then ice.

I did it on eoc in the end, so as to use freedom/anticipation on ice which was necessary because I ran out of prayer by then.

I logged out after the fight, tonight I'll do the Ma'h nightmare :)

Greetings,

Wozzels

I do hope you exited the chamber to the Mah area - if you log out prior to that it doesn't finish the fight and you have to redo it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg