9/16/15 - DarkScape

Omali

Play DarkScape | Free-to-Play Open World PvP

Into PvP, high-stakes trade and making your own way in a dangerous world? Do we have a surprise for you.

Try DarkScape now by logging on with your existing RuneScape account!

DarkScape is now live and playable for free! This experimental new game takes RuneScape and throws it into chaos, giving you free reign for intense combat and ruthless trade wars.

• Wilderness rules everywhere means heart-pounding PvP combat.
  • Three separate economies and lucrative high-risk regions mean enticing prospects for enterprising merchants.
  • Most of RuneScape's content – completely free – and a fresh level 1 start means an adventure-filled, high-risk world for everyone.
  • RuneScape members get additional benefits to help with quicker progression.
  • Frequent updates, inspired by player activity.

Why DarkScape?

With DarkScape, we're trying something new and exciting, taking RuneScape's wealth of content and changing the fundamental rules to create a whole new experience – something not possible in RuneScape itself.

The rule changes for DarkScape – fully detailed in the FAQ – are designed to encourage emergent gameplay of the most devious kind. Ever dreamed of forming a roaming clan of bandits? Fancy yourself a ruthless runite tycoon? Just want to find your fortune in a world with danger around every corner? DarkScape's the place to do it.

Based on RuneScape though it is, DarkScape is very much its own game. We've got some awesome ideas for future DarkScape content, and Mod Pi's going to be watching - making frequent changes, directly inspired by how you play the game.

Get Involved!

We've kept DarkScape quiet so everyone can come to it completely fresh. This is a world for the taking with wit, guile and strength, and we can't wait to see what you do with it. It'll be your stories that bring it alive, and your feats that become its legends.

We've released DarkScape in a raw, formative state, so it can be driven from the earliest possible point by its community – realising its potential as an emergent, player-led game. This is your chance to be in at the start of something new – to help make a game that you want to play.

Give us your ideas and feedback on Reddit and the forums, and – most importantly – get in game and start backstabbing, brutalising and conniving.

Follow us @RSDarkScape for the latest DarkScape happenings, and Tweet#DarkScape to tell the world about your adventures.

Play DarkScape now, and check the FAQ if you have any questions.

The DarkScape Team

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I have to admit, seeing this come out with no preview felt good...

Believe it or not, we are outright spoiled with knowing everything about content before release. This is susprising, and refreshing.

That said. before free trade weas removed, every time I saw a white dot in the wildy, I had a panic attack. Not going to go near this pvp game at all.

• Like 9

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Jagex, you deserve a hearty round of applause for keeping this quiet and making it an absolute surprise! Whether or not I'll rush to play is another matter though...and probably not, I'm too complacent on the normal version on RuneScape to want PvP everywhere lol.

• Like 5

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So, their solution for the ded pvp on RS3 is to create a new game for pvp lel.

Though I have to say the idea is good, forcing everyone to have a clean slate eliminates having someone with maxed gear camping noob spots.

Although in time it'll be unplayable for newcomers due to the big level gap. Hope they realize this and do something about it.

I do like the fact that the accounts are connected so no need to have a bunch of accounts to be able to do this. Now I wish they did something about RS3 PvP, most likely that duel anywhere thing they've mentioned seems to be a step in the right direction

• Like 1
_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Sounds like they took the deadman mode idea from OSRS and threw it in RS3 with some twists, makes you wonder how many of the people who voted for it there will try this out and stick with it over the eventual release in OSRS. Neat idea and the lack of pre-announcement was a good idea imo. Seems like a fun thing to try out.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

I'm surprised they released this. I thought PvPers were in a teeny tiny minority these days since everyone seems obsessed with skilling and PvM. I'll be impressed if this game remains consistently populated

I'm more surprised that it took them so long to do this. Scape PVPers might have been getting shafted for the last 8 years but there's really no shortage of open-world slaughterfests out there. This is probably what PVP worlds back during the trade restriction days should have been.

Though I have to say the idea is good, forcing everyone to have a clean slate eliminates having someone with maxed gear camping noob spots.

Although in time it'll be unplayable for newcomers due to the big level gap. Hope they realize this and do something about it.

I do like the fact that the accounts are connected so no need to have a bunch of accounts to be able to do this. Now I wish they did something about RS3 PvP, most likely that duel anywhere thing they've mentioned seems to be a step in the right direction

I don't see that being a problem. New players can and should simply stick to low-risk areas until they get their stats high enough to venture farther out. There are level restrictions similar to the ones in the Wilderness so it's not like the entire map will just be a noob massacre.

However, there is one glaring flaw with this release: Legacy Mode. This honestly comes across to me as Jagex waving the white flag when it comes to EoC PvP. The fact that rather than releasing separate EoC and Legacy servers like we have for the live game they force everyone to use Legacy Mode shows how little faith they have in their own combat system when it comes to PvP. I hope this doesn't indicate that they've given up on balancing EoC for PvP combat.

• Like 2

-Ethan

I don't see that being a problem. New players can and should simply stick to low-risk areas until they get their stats high enough to venture farther out. There are level restrictions similar to the ones in the Wilderness so it's not like the entire map will just be a noob massacre.

However, there is one glaring flaw with this release: Legacy Mode. This honestly comes across to me as Jagex waving the white flag when it comes to EoC PvP. The fact that rather than releasing separate EoC and Legacy servers like we have for the live game they force everyone to use Legacy Mode shows how little faith they have in their own combat system when it comes to PvP. I hope this doesn't indicate that they've given up on balancing EoC for PvP combat.

Well the best places to train at low levels (AFAIK) are the trolls in the cave north of Burthorpe... and that cave is like a +/- 25 combat level difference. So whenever there were too many players hogging the trolls I'd just farm lower level players instead since they give more XP and they respawn right next to the cave entrance, ready to return for another whoopin' :lol:

The Lumbridge catacombs have no combat restrictions, so I'd just walk through there and mow down everybody in my path since it's better XP than killing the monsters inside lol.

At one point I was out of run energy from chasing so many noobs to their deaths. There was one guy left but he was running the wrong way in the catacombs, towards a dead end. So I was just slowly walking towards him like some kind of horror movie villain, till finally I caught up w/ him and killed him when he was backed into a corner. His last words were, "Why" :twisted:

feelsgoodman

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Well the best places to train at low levels (AFAIK) are the trolls in the cave north of Burthorpe... and that cave is like a +/- 25 combat level difference. So whenever there were too many players hogging the trolls I'd just farm lower level players instead since they give more XP and they respawn right next to the cave entrance, ready to return for another whoopin' :lol:

The Lumbridge catacombs have no combat restrictions, so I'd just walk through there and mow down everybody in my path since it's better XP than killing the monsters inside lol.

At one point I was out of run energy from chasing so many noobs to their deaths. There was one guy left but he was running the wrong way in the catacombs, towards a dead end. So I was just slowly walking towards him like some kind of horror movie villain, till finally I caught up w/ him and killed him when he was backed into a corner. His last words were, "Why" :twisted:

feelsgoodman

Well while they don't have access to the best training methods like they do in RS3, things like killing cows in Lumbridge is still possible. It's slower and a bit old-fashioned but it'll get the job done.

-Ethan

Spent my hour lunch break playing:

did Nexus to 20 prayer

Did circus for 11 Range, 12 Mage and 10 Agil

Unlocked Varrock, Fally, Port Sarim and Taverly Lodestones

Got Dwarven Army Axe and did a bit of WC/FM

Tonight I plan on doing a few God statues to work toward 43 prayer, doing waterfall quest, witches house and witches potion, and a few other quests maybe. Then I'm gonna start doing Slayer Tower Contracts (and some slayer) for money.

This looks cool, I have no [bleep]ing idea how to play RS3 though, since it literally didn't exist when I quit playing.  I'll probably mess around with it for like half an hour but I doubt it'll hold my interest for long.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I don't know but I just logged in, tried to figure it out then gave up.

The last time I logged into the game Dungeoneering was a brand new skill.  2010ish I think.  OSRS looks pretty close to how I remember the game.

Is Legacy something I need to activate? (I honestly have not followed anything about the game for years.)

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I haven't logged into DarkScape but I believe you can toggle the interfaces (not the combat system) between EoC and Legacy interfaces, probably under Gameplay settings or somewhere similar.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

This looks cool, I have no [bleep]ing idea how to play RS3 though, since it literally didn't exist when I quit playing. I'll probably mess around with it for like half an hour but I doubt it'll hold my interest for long.

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. I don't see the point in investing any time into this since I'm not familiar at all with RS3. Just gonna stick to the Dead Man 07 version.

With the Legacy interfaces on it, it should look pretty similar, no?

Not really. EoC changed all of the equipment, spells, and monsters so I have no clue what the best gear is at any level anymore, or where the best places are to train, or what gear I should be aiming for or how to obtain it, etc. without having to do a ton of research on the wiki... As opposed to when 2007scape was first released I instantly knew what all the best gear and training spots and everything were since that's the version of the game I'd spent most of my RS career in. Similarly places like Al Kharid and Burthorpe are sorta unrecognizable. It's just a completely different game that I don't really have any interest in exploring.

I don't think very many people play RS3 for PvP, they mostly just want to grind skills and PvM. 2007 was sort of meant to cater towards PvP but sadly it's starting to head down the skilling and PvM path as well with the removal of AFK training and heavy emphasis on skilling/PvM updates

77yLQy8.png