RuneFest | Updates of 2016

helring

Still I would be worried about how you create things. Like smithing or crafting, you make the same thing over and over again. Will you do inventing by making something in bulk? What will you do with that?

You train by using what you create for the bulk of the exp.

Been playing a lot of Guild Wars 2 lately and I feel like Jagex is going to borrow a lot from that crafting system.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

sort of concerned that the rax/rago/raids team is handling it though, i'm getting kind of tired of running from aoes and prayer switching

Not sure they're really the same team anymore (at least when it comes to bosses), the big lead behind all those projects was Chris L and he left after raids. So we'll see how it turns out.

I'm glad he did too. Combat difficulty went up across the board because of him and i didn't enjoy his tenure/meddling.

Same here.

What he did was good but he was overly influenced by a niche group of insanely pro pvmers and kept pushing to give them a new challenege and the rest of us average to poor pvmers be damned.

New bosses don't always have to be the new hardest thing ever (especially when we havent got new best ever gear de-valuing prior bosses) they just need to be new and interesting to add something different to pvm.

All the bosses I actually legit killed I quite enjoyed cause of variety etc. The ones I struggled with/leeched cause I don't got time or team to learn them anytime soon all very much seemed to be a very repetitive hit it a bit, then run away from this, then hit it a bit more just with different paint jobs and increasing damage amounts (Thinking Legionnaires to a lesser extent, Rago, Rots, both Raids and Arraxor)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

"This was the top answer from long-term players currently on a break, and third most popular from current RS players. You completely surprised us with this one – it's the Smithing and Mining Rework!

This is the real joy of asking what you want – we've talked and talked about this for years, but we thought you weren't that excited about it compared to the big shiny stuff. Well, we were wrong - and you told us in your thousands."

How could they have not known? We have been asking for a rework of this skill since slayer came out (or even before that, but I didn't play back then). Maybe it is because most gave up asking/hoping after the so called "smithing rework" actually being artisan workshop? (yes it was called a rework by jagex) :P

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

They have their heads all the way up their asses and I can only assume how hard it is to see what people want from up there.

They generally deal with only small segments of the playerbase which can be loud but each have their own agendas. The players they interact with a lot tend to be the few thousand that are on twitter or reddit, which means that an idea may appear popular in those groups yet still not be overly popular with players as a whole. I can't blame them for being surprised that an idea ended up being popular with the general playerbase.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

They have their heads all the way up their asses and I can only assume how hard it is to see what people want from up there.

They generally deal with only small segments of the playerbase which can be loud but each have their own agendas. The players they interact with a lot tend to be the few thousand that are on twitter or reddit, which means that an idea may appear popular in those groups yet still not be overly popular with players as a whole. I can't blame them for being surprised that an idea ended up being popular with the general playerbase.

I can, the topic was brought up on /r/runescape so many times. Plus that's their own fault for selectively frequenting social media sites but not spending time on other forums such as ours. So yes, I hold it against them.

-Ethan

As far as I saw they will make new end-results, not training methods for osrs new continent.

Think of the opposite of Prifddinas (why the double F ?).

- Prifddinas has high exp-rates but virtually useless content.

- Zeah I guess ? - will have new cooking recipes, plants and etc but shitty exp-rates.

As far as I saw they will make new end-results, not training methods for osrs new continent.

Think of the opposite of Prifddinas (why the double F ?).

- Prifddinas has high exp-rates but virtually useless content.

- Zeah I guess ? - will have new cooking recipes, plants and etc but shitty exp-rates.

Yeah I'm curious to see the favour rewards, apparently you work for houses to earn this favour, doing tasks. It sounds like fun gameplay - I hope the rewards are worth your time despite the low xp

I find that their runefest pitch for quests and content has them going back to their roots. Runescape has always been a game about expansive content, but with shallow gameplay depth. Their bottle quests are something they have done since the beginning. I just see them doing them slightly differently now that they have more resources to cycle through.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I can, the topic was brought up on /r/runescape so many times. Plus that's their own fault for selectively frequenting social media sites but not spending time on other forums such as ours. So yes, I hold it against them.

The majority of players probably aren't on any social media sites, they just play the game. 

• Like 1

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

The majority of players probably aren't on any social media sites, they just play the game. 

And even those who are regular/big time posters on forums or social media sites tend to be the dedicated players, don't they? They tend to have some pretty substantial blind spots, as any group of players does.

And even those who are regular/big time posters on forums or social media sites tend to be the dedicated players, don't they? They tend to have some pretty substantial blind spots, as any group of players does.

The most vocal minority has steered game content in years. How has that been working out for the long term health of the game again?

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

I'm a huge fan of Hearthstone. One of the things that intrigued me the most about this Runefest was that they actually didn't scrap the idea of Chronicle, the MTG Online/Hearthstone knock-off. And you know what? That's cool with me. I don't care if it's not as big as Hearthstone. What I'm looking for is a balanced and intriguing game that is viable for free to play people much like Hearthstone is. If it's packed to the gills with microtransaction bullshit, as Hearthstone is barely a year after being released, I'm not going to touch the beast let alone considering spending a damn dime on it. Card games are super-popular right now, but it's risky going against a behemoth like Hearthstone. It could be really, truly great. I'm really rooting for its success...but these are some big shoes to be filling, with more expectations than I expect a smaller company like Jagex would be able to match.

But enough of doubts. Woo Chronicle. Give me my card game fix!

hzvjpwS.gif

As for calling it a Hearthstone knock-off, I can understand why it would seem that way since the cards look way too similar. But, the gameplay looks a lot different. I think comparing it to Hearthstone really does a disservice to how many CCG and TCG's are out there right now. Its like saying War and Poker are the same game because the cards are the same.

As for calling it a Hearthstone knock-off, I can understand why it would seem that way since the cards look way too similar. But, the gameplay looks a lot different. I think comparing it to Hearthstone really does a disservice to how many CCG and TCG's are out there right now. Its like saying War and Poker are the same game because the cards are the same.

That is very true. What I find most alarming is that it seems to have grindy RPG-like elements. That is something I hope is not core gameplay. It's exactly what I don't want to see in more games - added timewasting elements that simply aren't fun added just to pad the length of the experience out...and to entice you to part with some cash to make the path shorter.

hzvjpwS.gif

Fact is - they need a new huge "hit" because they can't ride on RuneScape's success forever ...

They have so far...

They've not only relied on RuneScape's success - they've used it to bankroll projects that were ultimately (unfortunately) not successful.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Fact is - they need a new huge "hit" because they can't ride on RuneScape's success forever ...

They have so far...

They've not only relied on RuneScape's success - they've used it to bankroll projects that were ultimately (unfortunately) not successful.

It is literally the beast of burden that carries all of their failures on its back.

• Like 1

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

They have so far...

Yup and currently seems they will continue to do so for sometime.  Joys of microtransaction culture right? 

peever142.png