19th October 2015 - The Invasion of Falador | Event & Graphical Rework

Arceus

The Invasion of Falador | Event & Graphical Rework

The Black Knights of the Kinshra have launched an all-out assault on their rivals, the White Knights of Falador.

For two weeks, the two orders of warriors will go head-to-head in the streets of Falador. Pitch in, pick up some unique rewards, and bask in the glory of the city's graphical rework. There's also increased loot from the Giant Mole, and greater XP and respect gains from Artisans' Workshop.

Read on to find out more!

How to Start

Visit Falador and take part in available activities

Requirements

None

When you arrive in Falador, you'll find it in turmoil: clashing knights, duelling champions, mighty war machines, wounded soldiers...and the occasional balloon drop from Party Pete, who wishes everyone could just get along.

The invasion will last for two weeks, and during that time you can get involved in a number of ways. Note that there is no requirement to pick a side: you can help or hinder whomever you choose, at any time. We'll announce the winning side once the two weeks are up.

To start, simply visit Falador and get stuck in. You can perform any of the following activities and earn XP:

• Fight White Knights, Black Knights or duelling champions | Combat XP
  • Sabotage catapults | Construction/Woodcutting XP
  • Heal injured soldiers | Herblore/Constitution XP

Performing any of these actions – or popping balloons – yields Falador commendations. These stackable units of currency can be converted – by the hundred – into supply caches, which yield XP lamps, resource bundles, and sometimes unique rewards – including fragments of a cosmetic banner (displayed in the wing slot), bobblehead pets and more.

Other Attractions

While engaged in activities in the city, you'll inevitably pick up some lost research notes, which are the first step on a lore-rich miniquest around the city.

Also, a couple of the city's mainstay attractions are more rewarding for the event's duration:

• Defeating the Giant Mole gives double drops (separate rolls)
  • Artisans' Workshop gives triple respect and 50% more XP

Graphical Rework

The White Knights – and the city of Falador itself – have been graphically overhauled, bringing them in line with the rest of the game's level of polish and art style. Be sure to explore the city – before and after the event – and take in the sights.

Enjoy!

Get stuck in and enjoy the event, and let us know what you think over on the forums.

The RuneScape Team

Solomon's Store | Revenant Outfit

revenant.jpg

The latest product of our artists' awe-inspiring imaginations is here: the Revenant Outfit is the third of our showcase override sets, now available on Solomon's Store!

Wearing this magnificent magic-themed set, you'll be anything but a dead man walking. Spirit away your enemies in style with this full five-piece outfit,staff, wand and orb overrides and an ethereal walk animation.

Head over to Solomon's Store now and treat yourself to the Revenant Outfit.

If you need more RuneCoins, you can redeem Bonds in-game, click 'Earn' in Solomon's Store itself, or buy more on the website.

This Week's Live Streams

Each week we stream developer Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.

Check our YouTube channel, too, for recap videos of streams you may have missed, including last week's 1,000 K'ril vs. 1,000 Zilyana drops stream!

This week sees us feature this year's Halloween update, an inside look at how we made the new Goebie Quest, and the return of Good Morning Gielinor!

Developer Q&A: Halloween! | 16:00 UTC, 20th October

Join the usual cast of JMods on the streaming sofas as they take your questions - this week, we'll be featuring all-things Halloween, and what Icthlarin and Amascut have in store for you in the Gauntlet of Souls.

Ask your questions on the forums, on Reddit, or on Twitter using the hashtag #RSDevQA.

Call of the Ancestors - Developer Commentary | 20:00 UTC, October 20th

Brought back by popular demand after our Lord of Vampyrium commentary stream, we'll be giving you an exclusive behind-the-scenes glimpse of what went into making our first ever bottle quest!

This is a must for any budding game designers, or those interested in the story of the Goebies. Don't miss it!

Good Morning Gielinor! | 08:30 UTC, October 21st

Join our morning wake-up show for the best in community content, RuneScape news you might have missed, Bug of the Month, and another hardy JMod takes on the might of our QBD speed-run. Don't miss it!

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Graphical:
  • Female versions of Malevolent cuirass - Third Age and Barrows - now correctly show skin colour.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

• Participation in the goebie courier event is now cancelled on logout.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

• Players can now continue Rune Mysteries quest if they were stuck due to a rare variable state.
  • Attempted another fix to prevent disconnections when peeking through doors in the Broken Home quest.
  • Players can no longer complete the "It All Adze Up" achievement without the Inferno Adze by using superheat form.

Other:

• Players may no longer safely hide in the corner of Araxxor's Lair to wait for Araxxor to spawn.
  • The cost to enchant a new crystal rod is now higher, in order to match its increased charges compared to other crystal tools. The cost ranges from 102k to 510k, depending on previous use of Eluned's chanting services.
  • The Storm Shards ability can no longer be used if 10 stacks are already applied to the target.
  • Beastmaster Durzag and Yakamaru are now equally weak to all combat styles.
  • Beastmaster Durzag will now trample players that stand too close to him.
  • Players can now block the shark pool during the Yakamaru encounter, regardless of which special attack he is performing.
  • The Lil' Tuzzy drop now appears in the raid loot window.
  • Players can no longer purchase ability codices for which they already have the ability unlocked.
  • The drop value of raid armour in PvP situations has been reduced.
  • Shieldbows now benefit from the Achto armour set effect.
  • The Ancestral Spirits aura now deals damage based on the style of the wielded main-hand weapon.
  • The Backhand and Kick abilities now require a melee weapon to be activated.
  • The Hurricane ability no longer has a one-tick delay between hits in PvP combat.
  • Several typos within the two Corruption ability unlock messages have been fixed.
  • Several typos within the phase 4 encounter with Araxxi have been fixed.
  • Capitalisation of crystal tools in Eluned's enchanting interface is now consistent.
  • The passive superior kyzaj Dismantle and Destroy options have been fixed.
  • Using a potion flask on ultra-growth potions no longer causes disconnection.
  • Clicking the 'Subscribe' button in Dungeoneering will no longer remove the Dungeoneering overlay.
  • The Super Antifire buff icon no longer erroneously displays with an additional 15 seconds when activated.

Ninja Fixes:

• Players that offer 100 Chronicle fragments to Guthix's shrine may now unlock the 'of Guthix' title.
  • Toggling off prawn balls in Gameplay > POH settings now prevents other players from pulling prawn crackers with you.
  • The following changes have been made to Virtual Levelling:
    • Level 120 and 200m XP icons can now be set without the golden trim on the Skills interface.
    • The XP progress popup now appears for players with level 99+ with Virtual Levelling enabled.
    • Setting a target level now has the progress bar count from the current virtual level, rather than from level 99.
  • Perhaps you were a little too scared and didn't read everything on the floor in the mansion overlooking Silvarea...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

if they're going to increase the crystal rod's recharge cost to half of the crystal bow, but the crystal bow has five times as many charges, a lower level requirement, and combat gives significantly more rewards per hour than fishing even at the max level, i don't know who they're trying to balance here

dead content dead content dead content

8f14270694.jpg

any one know anything about the research notes from the event?

where would i go to for finding the white knight record keepers?

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

any one know anything about the research notes from the event?

where would i go to for finding the white knight record keepers?

~~~legoman187~~~

You go on a wild goose chase for it. It's on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/3pcb07/how_to_obtain_the_banner_of_farradorn/

After obtaining the first piece of information regarding the banner (appears in the inventory while participating in the event), talk to the following people in order:

Herald of Falador
Sir Renitee
Lord Daquarius
Sir Amik
Estate Agent
Aksel
Wyson the gardener
Talk to the Spirit of Farradorn that appears only to get told that you're not allowed to have the real banner. You'll get a cosmetic banner for the wing slot and a permanent Invasion of Falador bonus.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

ty!@

you da best ( so is the person who reddited it)

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Lol, I must have missed something...

So the miniquest gives the initial banner. What, then, are we able to do with the additional fragments? I only got 4 fragments today from fully capping. 

There's a banner and then a blessed banner - I assume the latter of which comes from the fragments. Otherwise that would be pretty lame...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

So far, from the supply caches from commendations, I've gotten:

• Small combat lamp (att, str, def, ranged, magic, constitution, prayer, or summoning)
  • Small Falador park lamp (farming or summoning)
  • Small Falador mine lamp (str or mining)
  • Small Artisan's Workshop lamp (firemaking or smithing)
  • Small single-skill lamp (thus far herblore, construction, and woodcutting)
  • Small prismatic lamp
  • Tiny white/black knight pet (both from one cache, accessible through pets interface, not an actual item)
  • Candy floss maul (actual item, not just wardrobe thingy)
  • Banner fragment (need 10 to assemble banner)
  • Falador resource bundle

Resource bundles that I've opened thus far:

• 3 noted mahogany planks and ~1.6k gp
  • 3 noted dragon bones and 297gp
  • Adamant dragon bones and 3072gp
  • Adamant ore and 1238gp
  • 5 noted mahog planks and 45gp
  • Phoenix quill and 538gp
  • Phoenix quill and 710gp
  • 3 noted mahog planks and 632gp
  • Kyatt fur and 495gp
  • 3 noted raw rocktails and 2079gp
  • Adamant dragon bones and 645gp

Sounds like you can do the miniquest to get the banner and then assemble the banner from pieces to get the cosmetic "blessed" upgrade, or the other way around; order doesn't matter.

Once you have the first banner, you can "equip" it (via your wardrobe) to get a permanent "Charge" boost (same as the Battle Horn boost, but permanent - looks like faster commendation and boosted XP).

Edit: You get the buff when you obtain the banner; you don't need to "equip" it. (Thanks, strilmus!)

And yeah, deaths here are not safe. Getting back to your gravestone is easy enough via the lodestone, but hardcore ironmen should probably just avoid combat! The knights can hit surprisingly hard; I've died several times already (though I wasn't using food). For combat I generally stick by the east bank and duck in there between waves to heal.

Knights with a two-handed battleaxe can stun you, and can disable protect/deflect prayers/curses.

Knights with an axe and shield can disable protect/deflect prayers/curses.

Knights with two swords seem to be the dangerous ones that deal tons of damage; they also can prevent you from moving.

Also note that the whole area is multicombat, and any AoE abilities will hit both black and white knights, provoking them onto you... that's a great way to die fast.

Every half hour, I think, a champion spawns for each side, and right after that balloons drop. During that time, and for a while after and a few minutes before, no normal knights spawn.

Edited by Sorator

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

you don't need to have the banner equipped to have the bonus active

it gets weird when it stays there in your bar forever though

tip: set your spawn point to falador and just die right on top of it

3a03582f8e.jpg

can i be queen of asgarnia now

8f14270694.jpg

So I guess this week's update is a "meh" update. I guess I'll stick with OSRS for the time being. :)

I'm enjoying it, for what it's worth.

We just got the TH promo turned on, btw. This one looks better than most; it has a nice in-game component that's actually fairly feasible without spending money, unlike most TH promos, which is nice.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

It's actually possible to 100% this without anything off TH ... what an insane change.

Just wait... they can update it next week to properly "balance" it.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

It's actually possible to 100% this without anything off TH ... what an insane change.

But it only runs for 5 days, they haven't got time!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

But it only runs for 5 days, they haven't got time!

Nonsense, they can fix it Saturday evening Darklight style!

Just kidding, but looking forward to seeing what this sword looks like. I guess it's a godsword without the spec in terms of stats?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

You know the balancing is getting serious when they put a decimal place in the damage stat. Thanks for the info! It looks nice.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png