Alching bows

hemidreamer

Right now I have fletched 2k yew longs and lets say to get X level of magic I would need to perform 2000 alches.

Would it be better to sell the yew longs and buy 2000 maple longs for alching or just alch the 2000 yew longs I have.

- Selling yew longs     = 1.4M

- Buying maple longs = 600k

I'm looking for an answer with best profit.

Seems pretty simple but somehow i cant get my head around this.

If you mean the finished longbows (in other words, not the (u)s), the exchange price is 704 and nature runes 232, for a total of 1036, and alch 768. So you lose 268 gp per alch on yew longbows.

If you instead sold the yew longs and bought maple longs, the exchange price is 325 and adding the nature rune price yields a total cost of 557, and it alchs for 384. So you would lose 273 gp per alch on maple longbows.

So you would lose 5gp/alch more by swapping to maple longbows, assuming you bought all materials for exact med G.E. prices. It's not much of a difference but you would be slightly better off just alching the yew longbows you have now. If I misunderstood your question please feel free to correct me though!

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.