Darkscape Is Darkfall + Runescape

Nash

Most of you probably won't remember me but I used to make pixel signatures on these forums years ago as well as be pretty active in the Blogscape section.

I left Runescape to play a game called Darkfall a while back and recently one of the developers left to join Jagex. In Jagex he works on the Darkscape project.

I thought i'd ask what you guys think of a full loot pvp game mode of Runescape. (Also shamelessly plugging Darkfall)

Some question I have about your guys' thoughts on full loot pvp;

-Can you still make friends with people in the world or is everybody Kill on Sight?

-How does contesting mob spawns work? Are people ever civil?

-Have small "gangs" formed so that they can "zerg" (blob somebody with numbers) in order to remain safe?

-Any good roleplaying coming from it? (ie: White knight players who protect and defend noobies?)

Darkfall:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/321533-darkfall-unholy-wars-full-loot-ffa-pvp-mmorpg/

The biggest difference between Runescape and Darkfall is that Darkfall is a 100% player run map. Clans siege cities to live out of. It would be similar to if Tip.It owned Falador and then RuneHQ sieging & taking control of Falador. 

Plus better combat.

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

I personally enjoy the concept of full loot pvp. However Darkscape does it extremely poorly. There isn't much incentive to PvP. Deadman mode coming out in OSRS (Today i think?) Is much more intriguing with the loss of XP on death, bank access of those you've slain and no penalty for attacking skulled players.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I wouldn't be opposed to PKing in general if there was no penalty for attacking skulled players.

Saving someone shouldn't punish you.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum