2nd November 2015 - Raptor's Challenge | Wyverns

Sally

So is the crossbow worth it for general slayer?

The bow is worse than Noxious and Ascension literally everywhere due to how long it takes to ramp up the extra damage.

...and because it's T85, while the other weapons you mentioned are T90.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

it's more that there's no targets you'd be fighting for over a minute that you wouldn't just take a t90 wep to anyway

QBD is more than a minute and weapon tier doesn't matter there.

QBD takes me usually 1 minute and 30 seconds to kill.. Do note, that 15 seconds are the 'wake up' animation. Also if you switch targets, to hit the time stop soul, you lose your stack on qbd.

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Yeah. QBD would be that one place where it would be possible for the t85 bow to be better due to the amount of LP it has and the high accuracy you have with Dbane, but it just isn't due to a multitude of reasons.

Given unlimited hp and 100% accuracy, the wyvern bow is better dps than t90. However, that scenario just doesn't exist.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Mr G W's information regarding the crossbow on reddit:

Passive mechanic

- Every damaging hit has around 1/2 chance of applying a poison bleed. This bleed lasts for 6 hits and does 12-25 damage.

- Every time the passive activates again, the bleed duration is reset and the damage is increased.

- This bleed can hit any NPC, even those with poison immunity.

- This bypasses mechanics such as Araxxor's web shield and mirrorback spiders so you won't take deflect damage. It will however, stop Araxxor from healing off its web shield.

Haven't had the chance to test how it stacks if multiple people attack the same target. If you have a wyvern bow and want to help test, let me know.

Comparison

- T85 weapons have around 8% less accuracy and around 4.5% less damage than t90.

- This assumes 99 stats and the respective weapons with no boosts.

- With boosts, the values are 6% and 3.5% respectively.

- This means wyvern bow is approximately between 10% - 12% dps loss if accuracy matters or 3.5% - 4.5% if it does not.

- The passive maxes out at about 125-250 damage per 2 ticks, so this averages out to around 9375 damage per minute.

- It takes around 30-40 seconds for the passive to max out.

So depending on how much your DPS loss is when downgrading to t85 and depending on your damage per minute with t90, it is possible to calculate in which circumstances wyvern's passive is worth the reduced stats:

- If t85 is a 3.5% dps loss, then wyvern surpasses if your t90 dpm is 267857 or less

- If t85 is a 4.5% dps loss, then wyvern surpasses if your t90 dpm is 208333 or less

- If t85 is a 10% dps loss, then wyvern surpasses if your t90 dpm is 93750 or less

- If t85 is a 12% dps loss, then wyvern surpasses if your t90 dpm is 78125 or less

For reference, t90 weapons can reach around 100k-150k DPM.

That being said:

- Wyvern crossbow surpasses t90 for long fights where accuracy is perfect with either weapons.

- t90 remain the superior choice for short fights or fights where accuracy is not perfect.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Basically, incredibly niche almost to the point of uselessness. Unless they add med level mobs that have 100k+ health... which they should start doing, not all that great

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Basically, incredibly niche almost to the point of uselessness. Unless they add med level mobs that have 100k+ health... which they should start doing, not all that great

I think you are onto something pretty interesting. A miniboss similar to qbd fight length and progression. I mean longer fights are cool, but what if your rewards were based on how you handled the fight mechanics and not how much brute force you put into achieving the kill? What im saying is what if you had a monster with 100k lp with a set of mechanics. Depending on how well you handled each mechanic you would store up points in a behind the scenes system that scaled your rewards.

For example a boss with an ability you needed to dodge, another you needed to mitigate with barricade and another you had to disrupt. So for each time those abilities proced the behind the scenes system would tally it. Here is a run down of what a successful kill might look like.

Mitigated ability: 3/4

Disrupted ability: 2/2

Barricaded ability: 2/3

Now for simplicties sake i know barricaded and mitigated pretty much mean the same, but this example is more contextual than that.

Jagex could then add aome weight to each type of tally depending on the skill or importance to each ability used. From this set up the player would have tallied up and successfully handled 7/9 of the monsters special attacks thrown at them. So then the player would receive 7/9ths of the reward they would have gotten.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png