29th March 2016 - God Wars Dungeon 2

Sally

This week, God Wars Dungeon 2 finally opens its doors. Take part in the continued grudge match of four gods that is raging beneath Gielinor. Defeat the generals and earn some fantastic rewards. You can also download some fantastic God Wars Dungeon 2 wallpapers from our official Flickr account, check them out and have fun!

What’s going on in the Heart of Gielinor?

God Wars Dungeon 2 is an epic battleground located deep beneath the sands of the Kharidian desert at a place called the Heart of Gielinor. It is a place where the factions of 4 gods are doing battle. They fight not just for their own vicious rivalries but to claim the precious Anima Mundi source that lies in the dungeon’s depths. Where is the Anima Mundi being channelled? Why would Seren, Sliske, Zaros and Zamorak risk so much to battle here? All will be revealed in time but your best bet is to start here…

What to do in the dungeon

The dungeon is a mid-to-high level combat area, focussed strongly on boss battles against the generals who are leading their troops through the dungeon chambers.

In order to fight the bosses, you must raise your kill count to the required amount and enter the boss rooms. Special kill multipliers can be activated to boost your progress and your kill count will carry over between logins.

You don’t just have to fight bosses. You can also help factions capture control points dotted throughout the dungeon. In doing so you’ll earn the ability to summon in your own powerful allies to fight alongside you.

How to Start

This content is for RuneScape members only.

The dungeon entrance is located in the Kharidian desert, west of Nardah, north of the agility pyramid. The first area you enter will contain representatives from the various factions within the dungeon. Performing tasks and handing in objects found within the dungeon will earn reputation with these factions. Accumulated reputation unlocks access to unique rewards.

Requirements

There are no requirements for entering God Wars Dungeon 2 but each boss fight has a level requirement as follows:
  •  
  • Helwyr (Seren’s general) – 80 Magic
  • The Twin Furies (Zamorak’s general) – 80 Ranged
  • Vindicta & Gorvek (Zaros’s general) – 80 Attack
  • Gregorovic (Sliske’s general) – 80 Prayer.

Rewards & Reputation

Firstly, defeated bosses have the chance to drop non-wearable dormant armour pieces and their faction’s crest. Combine the crest and a dormant armour piece to create a piece of wearable, non-degrading, level 80 armour. Wearable armour can then be upgraded to degradable level 85 armour with essence gained from the bosses. Each boss’s armour suits a particular discipline - melee (Zaros), ranged (Zamorak), magic (Seren) and hybrid (Sliske).

Secondly, defeated bosses will also drop a weapon with tier 80 damage and 90 accuracy.

The other key reward mechanic for God Wars Dungeon 2 is reputation - a measure of your standing with each faction. Accumulate reputation to unlock the ability to purchase a wealth of special rewards from reputation vendors located near the dungeon entrance. Some rewards are useful, some cosmetic, and some just for fun!

You can gain reputation by:
  • Killing a faction-aligned enemy to collect Ingression fragments. Summon reinforcements with these fragments to generate reputation.
  • Killing a boss and gaining their seal which can be handed into any of their rival factions
  • Working for Feng the Bounty Master - he assigns bounties to kill members of a certain faction in order to gain reputation with a faction of your choice. He can assign one bounty a day but these will stack up to 5 if you miss them for a few days

You can max out your reputation with all the factions, you don’t have to align yourself with one in particular. This allows you to be as much of a mercenary as you want! Amongst the reputation benefits (which we will let you discover) will be the ability to upgrade the weapons and armour that defeated bosses drop.

That just about covers the basics of God Wars Dungeon 2. We hope you have fun in this fantastic new combat area!

This week’s live streams

Each week we stream developer Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full schedule on our Twitch channel. Check our YouTube channel for recap videos and streams you may have missed.

Tuesday, March 29th| 16:00 Game Time | Developer Q&A – God Wars Dungeon 2 – questions & reactions

Find out more about God Wars Dungeon 2 in Tuesday’s developer Q&A. Post your questions about anything God Wars-related on the forums, Reddit, or by using #RSDevQA on Twitter.

Tuesday, March 29th | 20:00 Game Time | Mod Shauny takes on the Twin Furies!

Two bosses, one JMod - a recipe for disaster? Find out how Mod Shauny gets on from 9pm!

Sunday, April 3rd | 18:00 Game Time | PvM with Mod Lee!

Mod Lee will be hosting some more community PvM goodness, live on Twitch.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Easter Event

Players can now opt to skip the puzzle box section of the Easter event to complete the event. They will however still need to complete both puzzles to successfully disassemble the machine after the event for the post-event reward.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames

Woodcutting urns, once again, gain charge when training with crystallise.

The Seers headband extra experience with maple trees now works with log-consuming effects.

Players can now use the tutorial popups for the Flight of the Butterflies Treasure Hunter promotion in legacy mode.

Animated puzzle boxes now scramble upon initially opening the puzzle box much more consistently.

Other

Members now have access to another bank booster for free from Solomon’s General Store.

Members will receive 6 free keepsake keys in their bank when they next log in.

Reclaiming a fully charged non-superior scrimshaw from a gravestone will no longer cause it to vanish.

Removed the energised arm cannons from being listed in a Grand Exchange search.

If player logs out or is kicked from the group during a Yakamaru encounter, any planks they were carrying will be dropped to the ground.

Players can no longer bring weapons and armour to Entrana by using a legendary pet’s beast of burden ability.

Removed the "pl" item from the Grand Exchange.

The Chronicle Card Collection buff player messages have been added to the spam filter.

The global cooldown timers for abilities which players have not yet unlocked will no longer show.

• Like 1

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

It's not that people don't want them a new best non-degrading armour is going to prove popular. It's the fact that these bosses are of a tier where they can already be soloed and farmed quite easily (and anyone who wants final boss and or pets will be going for their kills already) plus the drops aren't that rare compared to some rare drops.

All in all it makes for a low-ish value for the items and Jagex set the initial ge values too high.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's not that people don't want them a new best non-degrading armour is going to prove popular. It's the fact that these bosses are of a tier where they can already be soloed and farmed quite easily (and anyone who wants final boss and or pets will be going for their kills already) plus the drops aren't that rare compared to some rare drops.

All in all it makes for a low-ish value for the items and Jagex set the initial ge values too high.

Your probably right. The fact I have been farming Twin Furies and I am downright awful at the game kinda proves your first point.

Sig

I had a decent night at GWD2. Did some loltrio Vindicta for pet KC, but it wasn't needed as I got Rawrvek (dragon pet) on my 7th drop (21st KC). I also got an offhand glaive from Greg which sold 18M (6M ea). Overall I like GWD2 and really just want some Greg crests to make hybrid armour

The zammy melee weapons are t80 damage with t90 accuracy... With drygores at the price they are at now, the new weapons are dead content already.

Likewise with the range. It is another alternate to T80, but again, chaotics exist, royal is 2h and under 1m, and there is attuned crystal..

The wand might be the only thing thats nice. Nice in the fact it is making seismics crash. This might

The lance is also very niche. Outclassed by scythe, but better than crystal halbred.

The price of the wand will remain higher, because magic and seismics keeping it up. Likewise it will keep seismics lowish. Also the effect from disassembling the wand is possibly very good, so some WILL be disassembled.

The melee weapons also have a fairly good perk from their components.

And also the lance has a good effect from its components..

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The lance is also very niche. Outclassed by scythe, but better than crystal halbred.

Just going off of the image, it's a serious contender for FashionScape. That's the only endgame that matters.

The new dungeon is amazing for FashionScape. The Zarosian armor is simply amazing:

XEJPfvb.png

No longer am I a whimsical navigator--I'm now a Pontifex of Zaros. The would-be gods and other enemies of Zaros will meet their end and Zaros will guide Gielinor into an age of prosperity once he ascends to elder godhood. In the mean time, I shall preach the will of Zaros... with blood.

(The lance is amazing, too, but has a terrible hold stance. So unless [or until?] that's fixed, I'm using Arrav's sword for a two-handed override.)

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

I was doing duo twins with lance vs a friend with scythe. I was getting 40ish% of the kills. The lance is a great middle ground for those who can't afford scythe or are prioritizing staff/bow over scythe. I also made 2m from buying and selling lance. I'll probably buy one to keep soon or wait til I solo one

Well I can safely say these bosses are not too bad since I managed to solo them without guidance and only 1 death due to a lag spike.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Have they said why nothing in the dungeon drops anything except the stuff used to summon reinforcements?

I think it was intended that way for balancing purposes.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So I am not going to have the money for Ascensions/Seismics for awhile.

I already have Drygores, and I use Royal Crossbow/Virtus Wand+Book for Magic/Range.

Should I look into some of these new weapons? I have all the t70 power armors as well.

Sig

Yeah it might help if you're going bossing for the higher accuracy. It might be advisable to wait for a bit until prices sink/stabilize some more though. Also I don't think there's any point in the offhand ones on EoC since off-hand accuracy does not contribute to ability accuracy.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Just going off of the image, it's a serious contender for FashionScape. That's the only endgame that matters.

The new dungeon is amazing for FashionScape. The Zarosian armor is simply amazing:

XEJPfvb.png

No longer am I a whimsical navigator--I'm now a Pontifex of Zaros. The would-be gods and other enemies of Zaros will meet their end and Zaros will guide Gielinor into an age of prosperity once he ascends to elder godhood. In the mean time, I shall preach the will of Zaros... with blood.

(The lance is amazing, too, but has a terrible hold stance. So unless [or until?] that's fixed, I'm using Arrav's sword for a two-handed override.)

That looks pretty sweet @@... And I've always liked Zaros... Guess I'm going boss hunting XD.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I've had some fun here. It's very clear why Noxious Scythe has spiked in price. Besides the obvious (Twin Furies) the Scythe makes killing the foot soldiers an absolute breeze.

love going to a node and massacring what feels like 3 different armies! Perhaps it's a little difficult not to slay my own faction too, but no one cares for very long!

The fact that all factions' troops are around the same strength (8k/20k/100k LP, same max hits etc) actually makes things feel a lot "fairer" than GWD1. It's sad that they drop nothing but Ingression Fragments, but I can see why it's like that.

Usually, reusing so many assets would have me crying laziness, but here these different creatures are actually very appropriate. I'm especially fond of the return of the Zamorakian Champion and Butcher Demons from the Battle of Lumbridge, relishing the opportunity to see them again.

Setting-wise, GWD2 is AMAZING. We're fighting at the core of the planet, and you can see the skybox - the strange pillars protruding from the ceiling help bring everything together.

I've just a few detractions. Mainly, the lack of gloves/boots, and Magic off-hand. I do hope GWD 2 is expanded upon, because while some things are surprising/good ideas, much seems lacking as far as consistency goes...

I feel as though there could have easily been wings for each faction, as well as overrides for each faction for each combat style. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that Zaros/Sliske/Seren all got dual wield melee overrides. The Twin Furies' blades as actual items also seem out of place, almost like they would have been overrides as well but were added to fluff the Furies' "special" drops.

Additional lore really should have been included with this "first" update as well. Although the generals have some backstory, there's little substance. It almost seems as if graphical artists concepted a few new, powerful characters for some factions, then J built a dungeon around them.

Although I said I liked the fact that the factions are fairly evenly matched, much was sacrificed as far as special abilities of different creatures. Even if each individual faction didn't receive their respective followers' special perks, there could still be members of each that had some kind of function like healing, AOEs, ability use, etc also somewhat like the BoL. It would be nice to see some kind of actual gain/loss for each faction as well, with a meaning added to capturing the nodes, perhaps as some kind of cycling event.

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

Just bought myself the zaros top and bottom. I didn't realize that you needed 5 of EACH essence to charge them. I mean damn, if it's that expensive, you might as well go for broke and just get malevolent.

Oh well the uncharged version will be nice for slayer

Is it 5 of each ess to make the t85 version?

That is pretty costly...

Never been a big fan of their super high prices for marginal improvements.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Is it 5 of each ess to make the t85 version?

That is pretty costly...

How much does that amount to all up these days, if anyone is familiar with current prices...? Nex & Ss doesn't cover them.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

The essences are 200-600k

Mind you, they are probably only that low because few people are using refined. In ~300 kills on both Vindicta and Twin Furies I've only managed to collect 5 essences from each. Compare that to RotS and Vorago where everybody gets 1-2 malevolent/tectonic energies each run...

Yes.... The armor takes 2 of each ess to create, and 5 of each to upgrade. The upgraded version isn't as good, imho. Especially as it can't be augmented.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Yes.... The armor takes 2 of each ess to create, and 5 of each to upgrade. The upgraded version isn't as good, imho. Especially as it can't be augmented.

Um no.

The armour does not use essence to create, it uses crests.

A grand total of 3 crests of whatever god to make 1 full armour set.

It takes a grand total of 6 of each essence to upgrade (1 for helm, 2 for legs, 3 for body)

Plv6Dz6.jpg