29th March 2016 - God Wars Dungeon 2

Sally

The essences are 200-600k

Mind you, they are probably only that low because few people are using refined. In ~300 kills on both Vindicta and Twin Furies I've only managed to collect 5 essences from each. Compare that to RotS and Vorago where everybody gets 1-2 malevolent/tectonic energies each run...

5 from each?? In 1200 kills overall I've gotten all of 10 essence.

It feels like the rare drops from the bosses are really backwards. For all the hoops they make you jump through to get ports weapons, it seems odd that the level 85 GWD2 weapons are just straight drops.

Meanwhile, compared to the 84 energy (42-84 ROTS kills) needed to build a set of malevolent gear, the 24 essence drops required to make an inferior set of gear seem entirely ludicrous.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yes.... The armor takes 2 of each ess to create, and 5 of each to upgrade. The upgraded version isn't as good, imho. Especially as it can't be augmented.

Um no.

The armour does not use essence to create, it uses crests.

A grand total of 3 crests of whatever god to make 1 full armour set.

It takes a grand total of 6 of each essence to upgrade (1 for helm, 2 for legs, 3 for body)

No

It is crest + unrefined anima armor piece + 2 of each essence to make armor.

Then to upgrade armor, it is

Armor + 5 of each essence = t85 armor?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

To get a Zaros Anima set, I bought three crests since I had the other bits. Only required the crest + armor piece to make the unrefined/dormant set. The refined set required 6 of each essence (1x each for helm, 2x each for legs, and 3x each for body), though.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

^This

As I said in my first post, no essence used in the making of the basic armour, only crests.

Crest of X + Dormant Armour piece = Anima Core Armour Piece of X

No essence required,

Then in amounts of 1 essence for helms, 2 for legs and 3 for bodies the refined armour is:

Anima Core Armour Piece of X + Zammy Essence + Zaros Essence + Seren Essence + Sliske Essence = Refined Anima Core Armour piece of X

Or to give a more practical example:

Dormant Anima Core Body + Seren Crest = Anima Core Body of Seren

Anima Core Body of Seren +3 Serenic Essence + 3 Zamoraian Essence + 3 Zarosian Essence + 3 Sliskean Essence = Refined Anima Core Body of Seren

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also just as an aside, only the Zamorak/Zaros Essences are "cheap". The Seren ones were a bit above a mil each, and the Sliske ones wouldn't buy instantly at 2m each. I personally hate Gregorovic so I can see why he's probably the least favorable to fight.

How does the effect from Sliske's Parody (Warpriest effect(s)) stack if you also wear gloves/boots/cape of the same Warpriest set?

For example, you set Sliske's Anima Core armor (helm, body, legs) to Saradomin/Zamorak Warpriest, and wear Zamorak Warpriest gloves/boots/cape; do you get a straight 6% + 3% chance at the effect occurring?

2dgucz6.png

Also just as an aside, only the Zamorak/Zaros Essences are "cheap". The Seren ones were a bit above a mil each, and the Sliske ones wouldn't buy instantly at 2m each. I personally hate Gregorovic so I can see why he's probably the least favorable to fight.

How does the effect from Sliske's Parody (Warpriest effect(s)) stack if you also wear gloves/boots/cape of the same Warpriest set?

For example, you set Sliske's Anima Core armor (helm, body, legs) to Saradomin/Zamorak Warpriest, and wear Zamorak Warpriest gloves/boots/cape; do you get a straight 6% + 3% chance at the effect occurring?

I suppose I was a bit lucky--I spent ~1.4m per for the Sliske bits, and ~1m per for the Seren ones--when I got my Zarosian set (for cosmetic purposes).

(About the fights...)

I very much hate Helwyr's fight, especially the mechanic (or glitch?) that makes him stop spawning wolves. The bleed mechanic is dull and I can't begin to explain how much I hate the mushrooms. He's just a grating chore.

Greg is a bit food heavy, compared to the Twin Furies or Vindicta, and a bit harder, but I think he's the best mechanically. Twin Furies and Vindicta are tied, I suppose.

(And Vindicta + Gorvek looks the best. The transition when Vindicta begins riding... Wonderful!)

ozXHe7P.png

Helwyr is manageable for me as long as the mushroom spawns aren't BS. The bug where wolves stop spawning ruins the fight though, makes it that much more annoying because I end up running around more often.

Greg's awful unless you've got venomblood and can just camp the north mask. Constantly running into melee distance is easily the most frustrating thing there, but turning off run helps deal with that (or using a ranged weapon ...).

E: Bought some essences, 350k per zaros, 180k zam, 690k slisk, 810k seren

This t85 gear is basically 65% of the cost of malevolent, 40% of tectonic

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

One prices settle (or I solo crests) I'm getting a Sliske top and legs for slayer. No point in helm with Slay Helm. Figure it will be a nice upgrade from t70 power armour and I won't have to change anything but weapon for DKS, TDs, KQ etc.

One prices settle (or I solo crests) I'm getting a Sliske top and legs for slayer. No point in helm with Slay Helm. Figure it will be a nice upgrade from t70 power armour and I won't have to change anything but weapon for DKS, TDs, KQ etc.

Or you could just use warpriest? The extra defense you gain from t75 -> t80 is definitely NOT worth the pricetag. Also, how is it an upgrade from power armor? The Slike Anima Armor has no offensive bonuses.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Or you could just use warpriest? The extra defense you gain from t75 -> t80 is definitely NOT worth the pricetag. Also, how is it an upgrade from power armor? The Slike Anima Armor has no offensive bonuses.

It has the ability to do the tuska warpriest effect, which if you don't already have it, takes 12 hours to get..

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

It has the ability to do the tuska warpriest effect, which if you don't already have it, takes 12 hours to get..

Don't you have to own the warpriest set for the effect to apply anyways?

Is the Tuska effect actually good, though? And does anyone know if wearing 3 pieces of the same Warpriest set with Sliske's Parody stacks? As in like, 9 pieces of Warpriest? Does Sliske's Parody set even count as 6 on its own or just 3??

EDIT

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Caroming

Does this mean one could hit up to (3+5) 8 targets with the highest rank? I already love camping nodes @GWD2 with Corruption Blast, Chain, and Dragonbreath, so anything to increase that AOE even more could be nice lol

Scythe seems like it's only really better for Furies rather than the minions

2dgucz6.png

Is the Tuska effect actually good, though? And does anyone know if wearing 3 pieces of the same Warpriest set with Sliske's Parody stacks? As in like, 9 pieces of Warpriest? Does Sliske's Parody set even count as 6 on its own or just 3??

EDIT

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Caroming

Does this mean one could hit up to (3+5) 8 targets with the highest rank? I already love camping nodes @GWD2 with Corruption Blast, Chain, and Dragonbreath, so anything to increase that AOE even more could be nice lol

Scythe seems like it's only really better for Furies rather than the minions

The max rank is 3 and it's one extra possible target per rank, so the most you could hit would be the original target, plus 2, plus 3 more, for a total of 6 (including the original target). I wonder if it will give even more adrenaline too...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.