Swiftkit only opens new windows

mikexsouth

When I run Swiftkit, it loads the Oldschool page as it should.  But when I click Play Now, it opens up a new window, which is the Oldschool RS Client window.

So I've now got Swiftkit open, and the Rs Client open.

This doesn't change when I select or deselect the drop-down RSClient option.

I was also wondering, is swiftkit still being supported by regular updates etc?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We're currently running SwiftKit in maintenance mode, that means we'll adress any bugs but new features are not currently being implemented.

Your problem sounds like a common problem when the client running locally is out of date, have you tried downloading a fresh copy from the RuneScape website (the download links are found at the bottom of https://www.runescape.com/download, we don't currently support the NXT client)?

Yeah I have.  It won't work because I'm playing Oldschool.

It seems Swiftkit is a bit forgotten about.  Sad for me to write that.  I prefer it over Osbuddy.

What features in SwiftKit do you use/prefer?

strider3282.png

SiNmDRk.png

The BIG pre-existing benefits:

- The simplicity and light-weight demand on RAM

- The customisable, yet simple interface (colour of complete skin, COLOUR-ABLE TEXT NOTE BOX (OSBuddy majorly lacks)

- Radio could indeed come in handy for players

What it currently lacks:

- Currently some glitch where running OSRS opens up a new window outwith SK

- Two easy to access timers (for timing two individual items, such as slayer trips, boss spawns etc)

- XP/HOUR TRACKERS (I don't know how much more demand on RAM this will take.  But it is a MUST to be competitive with OSBuddy)

- Likewise, essential - item names on ground, hovered above.  Another essential competitive requirement.  Many players will simply not make the switch to SK if either this point or the one above is not included in SK.

- Flip-out Puzzlebox images, for clue scrolls

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think we'll be doing anything to XP trackers (RuneMetrics handles this better than we could ever do), also interacting with the game it self is something we're not super fond of (and was always forbidden from Jagex's side up until OSBuddy was created and they suddenly changed their opinion on client interactions).