Looking for a new PC game to play

brad1431

my favorite games are the Civlization series, I used to love Command and Conquer, but couldnt get past the demo mode in   C&C 4.  Other types of games I play obviously RS, on my iphone I play clash of clans.  So I mostly like strategy games, where you build up and then fight.  I do not like games that are too much fantasy or first person shooters or playing with a team.  

I also used to play a game I cant rememner the name but you build a fort and get attacked after a certain period of time.  

I dont mind if the game is older, especially since that would make it cheaper on Steam.  Looking for some suggestions using the types of games I play/like on some new games to try.  I would love a baseball game wiht minor leaguers, like MVP baseball I think the year was 2005, but mostly the PG baseball games suck.  I have baseball mogul and one baseball game on my phone also cant remmeber name, maybe OOTP.

Thanks a lot.  

thegame1431.png

the problem is you get to a point where all you have to do is get to one unit that dominates build enough of them and it is game over.  In Civ 3 I think it was the howitzer, in Civ 5 some alien type thing.  With Beyond Earth I like it but keep hvaing the game end to some weird thing being built, about sending soemthing back to earth, and not sure I can turn that option off like turning off diplomatic or cultural victory.

I liked Civ 2 with player made scenarios, not sure how to get player made scenarios for the newer Civ's.

I used to lov C&C 2 playing against a buddy of mine, and I have C&C 4, but I literally cannot get past the intro part, so I gave up.  didnt ever figure out how to launch my base or something like that, maybe I will go back to that.

I like Stronghold, but that gets old.  So looking for a new kind of strategy world domination or building up type game.  I like clash of clans, but if is so hard now just to build any upgrade wiht them each costing like $6M elixir just to upgrade a dragon from 3-4.  

I was even looking into the old warcraft games, but 1 seemed to simplictic and horrible graphics, didnt look into the ones after that.  I wont ever do WOW.  

thegame1431.png

Age of Empires dude.

The best RTS series ever.

Do not bother with others than AoE II, that is the peak and absolute ultimate best. And it came out in [bleep]ing 2000!

Do not bother with simply the HD remake, do get the expansions aswell. They do add civs and campaigns and they are pretty well balanced.

Watch out for Frankish knight rushes or groups of Briton longbowmen, they are a harsh opponent.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

That is called old school. I can't recommend pirating due to the forum rules, yet the game is not yet on GOG, so make your own conclusions.

The HD remake is expensive and doesn't really add anything. To make matters worse, it removes the LAN opportunity, while we used to have bi-daily LAN competitions of AoE II just two years ago.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

• 7 months later...

You're in good company!  C&C - particularly the Red Alert series - is like my all-time favorite gaming series.  If you want a great new PC game to play though try Hyper Light Drifter from Steam - phenomenal game that brings me back to the SNES / 16-bit era.

Currently playing: RS, SC2, and Goldeneye - LOTS and lots of Goldeneye

• 1 month later...

Halo Wars 2 is pretty fun and strategic so far. It's a bit unbalanced though, but that's something I'm hoping that they will fix in the coming patches. As an old time Red Alert 3 player, I know that the C&C series is pretty unbalanced too so it may not bother you as much perhaps.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

That is called old school. I can't recommend pirating due to the forum rules, yet the game is not yet on GOG, so make your own conclusions.

The HD remake is expensive and doesn't really add anything. To make matters worse, it removes the LAN opportunity, while we used to have bi-daily LAN competitions of AoE II just two years ago.

AOE2 HD is a good game. True not worth buying if you have the original already since voobly provides an online service for it still.

But if your getting the expansions for HD its pretty fun

I visited my parents this weekend and my mom found my AoE 2 case, but the disk wasn't in it

AOE2 HD is a good game. True not worth buying if you have the original already since voobly provides an online service for it still.

But if your getting the expansions for HD its pretty fun

I visited my parents this weekend and my mom found my AoE 2 case, but the disk wasn't in it

My condolences.

• Like 4

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

• 2 weeks later...

Maple Story is a great 2D MMO. Only reason I dont play it is; the game only works in full screen. I played that a bit more than every other MMO I found out there.

Also does anyone know what happened to Well Of Souls?? It had a great community when I left there years back.