Is there any point in returning to RuneScape?

UPDATE: I'm done with RuneScape for good, so there is no point in continuing this discussion.

I wanna tell you guys something. The reason I quit RuneScape is because I got bored of it. I didn't find killing monsters, smithing or any of that fun anymore.

And to be honest I don't think I'm going back to it because even though it was fun, it's not fun to me anymore.

But why am I thinking about returning? Well, because there is one aspect of RuneScape I'm sure I'd still find fun if I tried playing the game RuneScape again, and that's the quests. And my quest reviews were well received videos. So my question is, is it worth playing the game RuneScape if I just do it for the quests? If so I am going back to it. I might one day find fun doing the other activities like killing monsters, but not at this moment.

I will admit I still like the monster designs, and I still think dragon armor looks cool, which is why I'm keeping it as cosmetic, thank you all who suggested that.

Thank you any help would be appreciated.

I'm probably going to be a severe minority here... But, when a developer can cause someone to want to quit a game 14 (yeah, somehow I kept count for RuneScape... please don't ask me how, because I can't remember each and every reason) different times, each because they felt slapped in the face by the developer, the game loses all sense of being attractive to the mind anymore.  While I wouldn't recommend returning to RS, maybe someone with better insight since March 2013 can do better at recommending it than I can. :?

~D. V. "Good luck to them, if their thoughts can pass whatever deep requirement you have..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Come back for the quests, absolutely. Maybe you would like to try out oldschool runescape as well. It has the old style dragon armor, too

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Come back for the quests, absolutely. Maybe you would like to try out oldschool runescape as well. It has the old style dragon armor, too

Thanks for the help, I will consider it, going back for the quests I mean.

As for your other suggestion, you know, that could actually help me with quests so I can re-do them to make proper reviews if I decide to go back to reviewing RuneScape quests. So yeah I might consider it.

I currently have no plan on going back to the game but I'm thinking about it.

• 3 months later...

Well there's an abundance of things that have changed since you left. Everything was given added depth, and quests are one of those things. Jagex realize that in the games old age, they need to update it with things that the many people that have ascended to the highest platform in the Runescape 3 world can still find a challenge. Some of the most recent quests added are worth playing for, and I would never advise someone to not try something. I suggest you come back, give a few of the new quests a go, and if you fail to kindle the love for the game that I'm guessing you had at one point, then at least you can say that you had a go and it wasn't for you. 

Good luck, friend. 

Blaze you are probably at an age where things are different in your life.  So you mights well quit RS.  Its only fun if you let it be.  I've only been playing for 9 years and I love it now just like the day I started.  My friend got me going on this.  I watched him play and said, "Hey, I can do that."  He showed me a few ropes and I was then addicted.  Since then, he and his friend have moved on.  Went to college and got careers so they don't play because they have a different life.  You have to decide if you are going to keep enjoying it or not. 

cid_003c01c5fb8beb6aad30580ce118fel.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Well there's an abundance of things that have changed since you left. Everything was given added depth, and quests are one of those things. Jagex realize that in the games old age, they need to update it with things that the many people that have ascended to the highest platform in the Runescape 3 world can still find a challenge. Some of the most recent quests added are worth playing for, and I would never advise someone to not try something. I suggest you come back, give a few of the new quests a go, and if you fail to kindle the love for the game that I'm guessing you had at one point, then at least you can say that you had a go and it wasn't for you. 

Good luck, friend. 

Thanks for the encouragement, but I don't think I'm coming back any time soon.

Blaze you are probably at an age where things are different in your life.  So you mights well quit RS.  Its only fun if you let it be.  I've only been playing for 9 years and I love it now just like the day I started.  My friend got me going on this.  I watched him play and said, "Hey, I can do that."  He showed me a few ropes and I was then addicted.  Since then, he and his friend have moved on.  Went to college and got careers so they don't play because they have a different life.  You have to decide if you are going to keep enjoying it or not. 

Well, I am done for good in RuneScape this time since I no longer have fun with the game.

The game was fun while it lasted, but it's not fun for me anymore which is why I quit.