Usefulness of subforums

Kalphite

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Off-topic subforums should be combined with OT?

Where did all the dead threads go? Just buried under the weight of other OT threads?

they're still ordered by last post date so most of them are buried

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

So far only the threads that were actually being used have been folded into the main OT section. The old subsections and threads are still there, just hidden from public view while we discuss which others to keep. With one or two exceptions no one has posted in any of remaining threads in over 3 years though, so it's unlikely any of them will be missed.

Once we're done, Randox will then send what remains off to the land of wind and ghosts that only admins know about.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

So far only the threads that were actually being used have been folded into the main OT section. The old subsections and threads are still there, just hidden from public view while we discuss which others to keep. With one or two exceptions no one has posted in any of remaining threads in over 3 years though, so it's unlikely any of them will be missed.

Once we're done, Randox will then send what remains off to the land of wind and ghosts that only admins know about.

Why not just bring them all across? OT has plenty of historical threads itself (from 2005)...and it's not like it would hurt anything.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

He's talking about the stickies, which include things like the rules for the Sports Subforum, which really doesn't need to be moved. Some of the other pinned threads are more relevant, but are essentially unused. Perhaps for the sake of historical interest I'll simply unpin them and move them over as well, so that people can still look them up, or revive them.

can you go into the land of wind and ghosts and bring back the arenascape guide pls?

Like the new player and advanced player guides, or something else? If you just want the body of the main posts, unless you were hoping to see the entire threads, in which case I'm sure I can find someplace to plop them down where others can see them.

can you go into the land of wind and ghosts and bring back the arenascape guide pls?

Like the new player and advanced player guides, or something else? If you just want the body of the main posts, unless you were hoping to see the entire threads, in which case I'm sure I can find someplace to plop them down where others can see them.

The main body would be great, should be the one with the explanation of the rank system and the different titles you can unlock

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

He's talking about the stickies, which include things like the rules for the Sports Subforum, which really doesn't need to be moved. Some of the other pinned threads are more relevant, but are essentially unused. Perhaps for the sake of historical interest I'll simply unpin them and move them over as well, so that people can still look them up, or revive them.

I would love to have those guides back as well. I still avidly play ArenaScape and I'm a bit sad that the old links no longer work and I can't find information about the game :(.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I'm not sure I found what you were looking for. In particular, I don't see anything in the old ArenaScape discussions board that pertains to the rank system. I moved the only two threads I could find that pertain to the game rules into Forum Games as locked stickies.

If you guys have links to any of the threads that you are looking for that no longer work, send them my way. If the threads still exist on the forums, those links will work for me.

I'm not sure I found what you were looking for. In particular, I don't see anything in the old ArenaScape discussions board that pertains to the rank system. I moved the only two threads I could find that pertain to the game rules into Forum Games as locked stickies.

If you guys have links to any of the threads that you are looking for that no longer work, send them my way. If the threads still exist on the forums, those links will work for me.

You found the threads I had in mind, thanks a bunch!

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I was hoping the prune would extend to the whole site. I think you can condense this whole forum down to 4 different sections

Runescape

Off topic

Website/Feedback

Random (forum games and other non fitting topics go here)

Yeah but it was only OT voting, it wouldn't be fair to change the whole skeleton of the site based on 19 regulars from OT.

I was mostly concerned with being able to necro old threads for fun. Because who doesn't love a thread revival from half a decade ago every once in a while?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I was hoping the prune would extend to the whole site. I think you can condense this whole forum down to 4 different sections

Runescape

Off topic

Website/Feedback

Random (forum games and other non fitting topics go here)

Yeah but it was only OT voting, it wouldn't be fair to change the whole skeleton of the site based on 19 regulars from OT.

I was mostly concerned with being able to necro old threads for fun. Because who doesn't love a thread revival from half a decade ago every once in a while?

According to my most recent warning point, the mods.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Or just good old fashion trolling. Sometimes I really miss the troll accounts running amuck

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Thank you!!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I