What are you doing ?

I had to make an account just to say this. I used to use this site non stop for my runescape information but EVERY OTHER PAGE is so outdated or reflects only legacy/old and never gets updated. Came to check elite scroll rewards today but wow. VERY far behind. that's just today, its always some dumb stuff that you guys have had PLENTY of time to change. Im assuming your site traffic has dropped dramatically, im making a switch as well (my final tip.it visit and the first time ive ever had an account, ha). Began assuming you just didnt make updates anymore and this was gonna shut down, but you for some reason have time to ask if i am or am not going to runefest. please get your shit together, best of luck in the future.

Use RuneScape Wikia and Reddit for more up-to-date information. The idea of dedicated fansites with up-to-date guides, databases, and other information don't really work anymore--just visit any other notable RuneScape fansite.

The only reason you'd use Tip.it is for the forums, if you've been a member in the past. Obviously, that wasn't your case. Such a shame.

ozXHe7P.png

I'm mving your thread to Community Discussion where it is better suited.

--

I won't deny that you are right, many pages are outdated or reflect legacy type combat. It is unfortunate but also a fact of life that we have nearly 14,000 items, many calculators, and hundreds of pages and guides. We also have only a dedicated but small team, and as I'm sure you know, there is only a finite amount of time on our hands. Between real life and actually playing the game, there are only so many hours in the day and we have to do our best to keep up with new events (like the Invasion of Falador), new quests (i.e., Nomad's Elegy), updates and so on.

We also take a degree of pride in verifying our information as readily as possible, to make sure that it is correct or at worst outdated, and avoid things that are downright incorrect. I can understand your frustration in that there is a somewhat new poll and far more outdated pages. It takes mere seconds to add a poll, and it is something fresh for people to see and interact with on the front page if they want - or they can just ignore it, if not a fan of them. To verify clue rewards, we would have to hunt down clues or screenshots ourselves, verify it, and add the information. This generally is longer and I'll admit, more frustrating that it sounds. I haven't done it for clues, but I have personally invested time to research things and tinker with things in order to find out how they work, like when I wrote our Easter Guide and spent several hours with another site's incorrect puzzle solution, figured it out and wrote a proper and clear explanation for our own site. We may not have a flash update every day to post on the frontpage, but if you check there you can see that we are indeed still updating and publishing things as time goes on to the best of our ability.

All that being said, you mention the clue scroll rewards page - I do agree that that page is out of date. I personally don't do clues on RS, so I am not sure what's missing. I can see the dyes for hard and elite rewards are missing, and I imagine that there are others. Again, I can understand that you feel disenchanted and you have every right to use the fansite or resource of your choice - but in the event that you have a change of heart and would like to share any more specific details/screenshots of items you have received from any difficulty, we would welcome your contribution and of course, credit you accordingly.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.