Haven't logged on for 880+ days

Great_Dane

I decided to hop online the other day after downloading a billion updates. Since I seriously played, I've gotten married, started an awesome consulting job, and have started building my dream home, but the lure of runescape has SOMEHOW pulled me back after all these years. Should I continue playing? The combat is completely different and there are tons of new skills and items, some of which you have to pay real money for and hope you hit it big on the wheel of fortune.

-Great Dane

Actually the microtransaction component is not as significant as it might appear at first glance. It is mainly a bunch of glittering cosmetics, and yes, if you throw enough money at it you can level a bit faster.

If learning new combat is not something you are inclined to do, there are workarounds such as using Legacy Mode or even starting over on Old School.

Also moving your topic to Help & Advice where it's better suited.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

• 2 months later...

I know this is late, however I'd like just to add me perspective.

The great thing about the game now is that it's changed so drastically to how I'm guessing you remember it, that even know you can reclaim that feeling we all had when we fell in love with RS, there's still space to learn. I suggest that this is a good time with all of the changes, to come back and try it. I'm a massive advocate of RS3, because if it wasn't for the community of those who love the old combat style (which is fine) then it would be a great stand alone game if someone else developed it, it's just that Jagex get stick for being Jagex. 

I'd love to hear how everything went and if you did come back. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.