The bad habit of begging

noobnoob

Everyone knows that begging is bad habit but somehow many still beg in rs

Who never get scam or hacked in rs ?

Is this a valid reason to beg ?

I am poor so please give something as you are high lvl.

Who starts off as a rich high lvl in rs ?

I think begging should be ban totally in rs.

Lets not cultivate a bad habit among young player in rs.

bikini+boybo.png

Buying runite ore 11.6k and runite bar 13.6k

A 100% f2p who believe in hard work and not begging

i used to beg, as did many people who just started out

i think its a natural phase that most players go through, when i started (long before tut island) the game did not provide you with many roadmaps or items to help you out of your noobdom, however once you get the ball rolling it is easy to be self sufficient and do things on your own

I agree, I never ever reward beggars. Ever. If someone puts forth even a little effort though, I try to be as helpful as I can.

If I see someone shouting "Need 1 law, free plz." I don't give them a second glance. But if I see someone saying "Need 1 law, 200gp" I'll gladly give it to them, and in many cases for free if they'll take it.

And as for your "Who starts off as a rich high lvl in rs?" This raises another question in my mind. I've had 3-4 friends in the past months start new accounts because their old accounts were hacked -- they got the account back, but all their stuff was gone... am I the only one who thinks this makes no sense? You lost all your material possessions so the logical conclusion you reach so you decide to start from scratch instead of using the ONE THING the hackers couldn't take: your skills. They don't get this when I try to explain it to them.

Is it a norm to beg when you are new.

Not for me.

I just believe in hard work and when you have money, to make them work for you like in investing in rare

bikini+boybo.png

Buying runite ore 11.6k and runite bar 13.6k

A 100% f2p who believe in hard work and not begging

What about begging added to the "Report Abuse" button?

Lots of account banns but will make the game more fair and less annoying espicially for higher level players.

What about begging added to the "Report Abuse" button?

Lots of account banns but will make the game more fair and less annoying espicially for higher level players.

agreed, except only temp bans for it of course :P

i remember my first day when i talked to the NPC outside of lumbridge and he said begging would give me a bad reputation. i wanted people to be friendly towards me so of course a bad rep doesn't help that. so i never begged :D , to bad people aren't friendly either way...

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

i begged once at the start but (to try to get rid of me)the person went down a sewer and so did i...TO ZOMBIES! of course i died and never begged again, mabay just asked, and accepted no's

So is spam and useless rant - trolling should be banned.

lock please useless thread

??? i dont get it. this is a general form for general disscussions and not what i would call spam. if you dont want to read it then dont.

So is spam and useless rant - trolling should be banned.

lock please useless thread

There is an old saying...if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

Begging is a part of role playing games, it always will be, we can't change that but we can change the way people beg to make it a more worthwhile effort.

If someone begs you ask them to perform a task for you or to tell a joke or a story, make them almost street entertainers, they have to earn the right to your hard-earned cash.

There is another old saying "give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" If someone is obviously new and is begging for money then tell them a few good ways to make money, possibly point them in the direction of the nearest trees or mines so they can put their tutorial island tools to good use.

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

edit.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

I dunno, I never felt the urge to beg. I agree it should be a bannable offense, or at least giving you a black mark. The only problem being high level players who do it for a laugh.

Well then, in the future, there will never be any mods. All newbies at one point in time, will beg. That's just the way it goes. I think making begging a bannable offense is a little harsh.

Blakdragon39.png

i saw a level 78 player walking around with normal clothes in p2p saying "i just got off tutorila island can you spare rare items?"

I see leevl fifties begging all the time.........Silly noobs that can own me......

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

I don't remember really begging per se at all.

When I first started (Feb '02), someone very kindly made me a set of bronze eq. I think I might have asked a few times for replacements when I died, but I think I eventually got on my feet after a while.

I think the game was still small enough then that there wasn't a high number of beggars. The game has grown several times over since then, been more widely advertised, and more people are playing.

But I do remember turning all chat off in rs1 for a while because things were bad, so it's not a new thing.

the only time i beg is if i'm getting bored sitting in a bank trying to sell an item then i only beg people to buy the item. if a begger asks me for items the only things i'll give them is burnt syuf ashes tinder boxes etc. just worthless stuf. an amazing story was i saw a lv 80 person wearing full trimmed rune with a scythe begging saying he got hacked and he was actually getting donations.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Like someone else said, I don't reward beggars, but I've seen people do that. The person annoys them so much that they give in and give them a set of armor, money, or runes or something. But then the beggar thinks, "Hey I can get money this way!" and bothers someone else. :roll:

People call me mean and greedy because of it sometimes but...oh well. I think I'll get over it. :wink:

Bren

bein hacked is no excuse for beggin. u still hav ur skills, so y don't start over? if not, go quit rs. dun go pollutin the screen with ur beggin yells. i hate it when ppl come up to me and start praising me. cauz i noe wads gotta come up nxt.

I never give anything to beggers

though if I have some drops of monsters like mith b axes and stuff

I usually tele to varrock look around for some1 that doesnt beg..and give it to them

I always tell the truth even when I lie

i hate beggers who follow you everywhere. though i have found several ways to ditch them. the most efective is taking them into the wildy north of varrok. not as effective is changing levels of buildings. and least effective is giving in to the begging

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source