Party hats store myth

RockyMaivia

Hello,

I started playing RS just after bunny ears were released, so i was not around when party hats came out. To the best of my knowledge, phats came from christmas crackers only. However, some people recently have been saying there was a "phat store" or that you could buy a red phat from the costume store or something around those lines.

I know one of the members here sold a red phat to a store and took a pic and made a spoof about phats being in stores...but is it true you could ever buy a phat from a store? The reason i ask is because even a player mod today was saying it was true that at one point you could buy a red phat from the costume store...

If anyone has been playing long enough to know the answer FOR SURE, please let me know. Thanks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no its true a long time ago where you start the family crest quest there is a guy who sells cloths, jagex messed up and added red phats in to what he sells

this is in rsc, and yes its true, and it was a long tiem ago i wish i had a picture to show you, but im sure someone does

but they fixed it after a update or 2

~Bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

My memory's rather hazy, but when they added the store, didn't they just add the red phat to the stock, but didn't actually have any in stock, and they didn't restock, so everytime you went there the Phat stock was always zero unless someone sold it.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

Yeah the store did exist for a short time. Like said above, it didn't respawn phats, it just had a spot in case anyone wanted to sell to the store a phat (Possible but unlikely :lol: ). Tons of people went in the store clicking on the "buy" option hoping to get a phat if/when it spawned.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

This is just about as true as the Underground Farm. Sorry Bmms, as far as I can recall, this never happened. I was one of the people who (sadly, haha) contributed to this myth by selling a red party hat to the General Store and posting about being able to buy hats from stores directly. Other than that, it never happened to my recollection.

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

This is just about as true as the Underground Farm. Sorry Bmms, as far as I can recall, this never happened. I was one of the people who (sadly, haha) contributed to this myth by selling a red party hat to the General Store and posting about being able to buy hats from stores directly. Other than that, it never happened to my recollection.
\

no this is really happen if i can fidn a picture some where i would post it

it was near the bar east of the varrock east bank

but ya its true there were tons of ppl there clicking buy

i was on for about 5 mins

wasnt 100% is they spawnd cuz i never seen it so i wanst sure

~Bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

I'm pretty sure Misterxman wouldn't lie\:D/

no its true a long time ago where you start the family crest quest there is a guy who sells cloths, jagex messed up and added red phats in to what he sells

this is in rsc, and yes its true, and it was a long tiem ago i wish i had a picture to show you, but im sure someone does

but they fixed it after a update or 2

~Bmms

it was there, and people waited for it to actually be there, but it was never there to buy, it was always stocked as 0

party hats are 1gp each... but maybe they dropped it after a long time...

even a air rune does over power it... thats y ppl get pked with phats that mutch :P

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

That underground farm lol :lol::lol:, Also the party hats never restocked

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

don't know if it was true since i was f2p the whole time i played rsc

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

There was a red party hat in the clothes shop in east Varrock, but it never stacked any, as I remember the amount of hats in the shop was always 0.

Dunno if there was some hats for sale during the first days, but Jagex fixed it quickly if there was.

Pro Einari (level-119)

Attack 97 Strenght 99 Defence 90 Hits 96

On a break, again.