Guide to Everything Fletching (AOW Discussion) ~Updated!

Karmastocracy

I don't know if it has already been mentioned(sp?), but you should add to the "Power Fletching" part

that you can sell your Willow longs (u) to the Charter ships for 24 each, even at "full" stock.

So if you buy your willows at 24 each (possible, I did it tons of times) you don't have to "have a load of money that you want to burn".

I did that from lvl 40 to 61(and raising) with no money loss at all! :thumbsup:

^^ Thank you! I really comments that help me improve/update my guide :P

Doh!

I did forget to mention Charter Ships... (I wrote this before the charter ships update)

I updated that, and (kind of) updated the Power Fletching part. If you read the full guide you would understand what I meant, but since a lot of people seem to be skimming it (Understandable :wink: ) I edited it to get my point across easier.

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be a member for 1 month. I started fletching in the last 10 days or so. I only got to level 10!

Lately, I have been begging my parents to let me become a member, and almost all I would do is fletch. I loved it.

With this guide, I think I am ready to become a true fletcher!

By the way, with your "Choices" for like level 70, I would rather cut the yews then buy them. It may take more time, but it's less money. Anyways, I'm gonna be 60 woodcutting pretty soon. And you should add a choice for cutting yews, because there wasn't a "Choice"

Jmclark911.png

Jmclark911.png

Thanks Jmclark911, I agree that you of do have the option to cut your own yew logs; so I added that as an option. Keep in mind however, the time vs money idea. :)

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

I've got a useful bit of advice for everyone who is training their level from Willow Longbows to Yew Longbows.

Power Fletch with either Willows or Maple longbows like you would any other day.

After you've completed the number of bows you need or you need money to buy more logs DON'T sell them to the normal Charter Ship spot. Instead do the level one Karamja Achievement Diary for the Level 1 Karamja Gloves.

Go to the Brimhaven Charter Ship and sell your unstrung bows for 40-60gp each for willows, or 112gp for maples! Even if you buy all of your logs for higher than normal prices you still make a profit!

I've been using this method for a few days after wondering why there was so many bows in the shop.

Edit: You have to be wearing the gloves when you are selling the bows otherwise you'll get the regular price.

Acually you can sell them for 56gp (Exactly) for Willow Longbows (U). And I'm in the mist updating that :wink:

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

• 3 weeks later...

I just had to scrap my new Charter Ship selling section because it no longer works. Charter ships now have the same prices as normal shops, and behave the same.

Do not try the Willow/Maple Longbow (U) buying/selling technique now, you will lose lots of money.

You have been warned.

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

• 1 month later...

Read my last 2 posts, that technique doesn't work anymore. :(

Bumps are very appreciated! :)

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

• 4 weeks later...

Well the new shop update helped... and possibly hurt fletching too. You are now able to "Sell 50" at a time, making it considerably easier to sell to stores, however I'm in the mist of checking out the new prices of Ali the Trader. It is probable that the Nature Rune prices have now risen due to unlimited stock.

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

Nice guide, but it seems little bit too complicated... Willows are the fastest way from 30 to 70. Your prices are out of date aswell.

Nice overall though :)

Fletching 99 Achieved 8th of October 07 || Attack 99 Achieved 3th of November 08 || Max Questpoints 7th of November 08

• 3 weeks later...
Nice guide, but it seems little bit too complicated...
It's the guide to Everything Fletching :P

Willows are the fastest way from 30 to 70.

Already in Section 4.1- Powerfletching, but I appreciate the information. :wink:

Your prices are out of date aswell.

Nice overall though :)

Can you list some more accurate prices? And thanks.

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

Great guide i love it :XD:

Although, personally i think seers is too long for picking flax, you hsould mention Lletya for flax pixking the bank is right beside 8-10 flax "roots" :uhh:

Shai \'

• 1 month later...
Great guide i love it :XD:

Although, personally i think seers is too long for picking flax, you hsould mention Lletya for flax pixking the bank is right beside 8-10 flax "roots" :uhh:

Shai \'

Just because this is the most commen place to get flax/bowstrings doesn't mean it's the best. For example, Lletya (In the elven city) would have to be the best to pick flax. The flax field is right next to the bank! The spinner is also just 2 buildings away, making it awfully easy to spin all your flax into bowstrings quickly. However, you also have to have completed Regicide to have access to this area.
Already in :wink:

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Please note that these tables are valuable to those trying to get 80 fletching and those who are too lazy to figure it out for themselves. Not that looking at tables is bad or anything. Anyway, hope this helps.

| 1k Nature runes = 250k-278k.|

| 1k Yew Logs= 389k- 431k.....|

| 1k Bow Strings= 167k-185k...|

| ----------------------------------|

| Total= 799k-874k..............|

| High Alch value= 768k.........|

| Loss= 28k- 106k................|

| Fletch exp= 150k...............|

| Mage exp= 65k.................|

This is for getting from lvl 70 to lvl 80.

===============================

= 8.4k Nature Runes= 2.1m- 2.3m..=

= 8.4k Yew Logs= 3.2m- 3.6m.......=

= 8.4k Bow Strings= 1.4m- 1.5m....=

=-----------------------------------------=

= Total= 6.7m- 7.5m..................=

= High Alch= 6.4m.....................=

= Loss= 319k- 1m......................=

= Mage exp= 546k.....................=

===============================

Finally, from 70 to 99

±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±

± 81k Nature Runes= 20.8m- 23m..±

± 81k Yew Logs= 31.5m- 35m.......±

± 81k Bow Strings= 13.3m- 14.8m.±

±---------------------------------------±

± Total= 65.6m- 72.8m..............±

± Loss= 3.4m- 10.6m................±

±Mage Exp= 526k....................±

±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±

Hope you like it!

Doom, chaos, and destruction are all around us, GET USED TO IT!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks lock! Those tables are a really helpful addition.

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

• 3 weeks later...