The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've promised myself to stay the hell away from the RP servers, as a lot of creepyness is bound to be witnessed; and probably scar you. Especially from reading that SA article on the FlagRSP mod used in WoW. :shudder:

A few friends from school actually decided to roll a character on a RP server just for the fun of it, and they confirmed my suspicion. People talked in made-up languages and it was impossible to run instances since all the rogues were "shady troublemakers" so they just ruined it for everyone (granted, this was in DM, but still).

However, if you, against better judgment, do try it out, stay the hell away from abandoned houses around Elwynn Forest and Stormwind. Let's just say some people take RPing to the extreme.

However, I'm sure RP servers have a good community among the high-levels, but then there are the level 1-30s that act like they just came from a LoTR/Dragonball Z marathon and now want their very own obnoxious anime or generic elf character.

2009rb9.jpg

I made a character in an RP server once and it wsa just kinda creepy. Everyone walks in the major cities and the whole attitude people have just kinda makes you think everyone is a loser.

PS: 5k honor in one day 8-)

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Hah, I've never dared go to an RP server. I Actualy played on one for a bit on EQ II but never saw many people RP.

if they were though me and my friend would mess them up. :D

Oh and I respeced into a future 31/0/30 build. I'm something like 31/0/17 atm (backstab seal fate).

Haven't got the chance to test it out much but of what I did try I'm enjoying it. PvE is a bit more interactive and I'm liking my easy 800+ Backstab crits on mobs/people my level. :thumbsup: (with a lvl 48 scouts blade lol).

Nice honor rocket. If I wern't terribly lazy I'd park my self when I hit 60 and get the PvP daggers but I'm probaly just going to level, some good daggers in instances/quests.

Heh, I might try it out for a laugh. I think it could be fun, but there's bound to be more people who take it 'too far'.

If, one day, I return as some defender of the Alliance to protect the world of Azaroth from the Burning Crusade through the means of tip.it, you have permission to get me banned.

Gotcha bubs :D. If you get banned, well, yah heard it here first. :D.

The best thing to do is mess with RP'ers. Still try to "rollplay" but screw around with them.

This reminds me of when I used to play alliance back in the day. Some of my friends were in a group and the people were rolplaying. in it :lol: . The warrior would charge into like 5 mobs and the priest, before every heal, would TYPE OUT PRAYERS and stuff like that.

Yeah it was funny as hell hearning them talk about it over vent.

Lmao, vanish on #1 azvy? :lol: Thats not a good sign XD.

Not a bad UI but I never liked the gradient bar. Plus its kinda crowded for a normal 1280x1024 UI.

And Mutulate I see *looks him up on armory*.

What can I say, it's a rough world out there. :P

Yeah, my UI isn't very "clean" per se, but that wasn't the look I was going after either. I just wanted an easy-to-use interface (gotta love the scale feature) and having the numerous buttons exactly where I wanted them. However I will most likely remove the menu bar, as I always use the action keys to open them anyway.

Oh, my spec. I [bleep]ing love my spec, man. It's great for both PvP and PvE (although moreso for PvP as that was my goal). I get 5 combo points up in a matter of seconds - and then a Cold Blood on top of that and then an Eviscerate. Crita$$$tic!!

2009rb9.jpg

Yeah, my UI isn't very "clean" per se, but that wasn't the look I was going after either. I just wanted an easy-to-use interface (gotta love the scale feature) and having the numerous buttons exactly where I wanted them. However I will most likely remove the menu bar, as I always use the action keys to open them anyway.

Oh, my spec. I [bleep] love my spec, man. It's great for both PvP and PvE (although moreso for PvP as that was my goal). I get 5 combo points up in a matter of seconds - and then a Cold Blood on top of that and then an Eviscerate. Crita$$$tic!!

Yeah I was thinking of doing mutulate but I've opted for a 31/0/30 spec in the making. (probaly going to be 31/3/27 though for imp gouge).

Haven't got much of a chance to test it yet but my backstabs were criting for ~880 or so on yellow mobs with a lvl 48 dagger. :lol:

ps: I can't find your armory link anywhere? Doesn't show anyone with your name on it >_<.

Oh, my spec. I [bleep] love my spec, man. It's great for both PvP and PvE (although moreso for PvP as that was my goal). I get 5 combo points up in a matter of seconds - and then a Cold Blood on top of that and then an Eviscerate. Crita$$$tic!!

Yeah I was thinking of doing mutulate but I've opted for a 31/0/30 spec in the making. (probaly going to be 31/3/27 though for imp gouge).

Haven't got much of a chance to test it yet but my backstabs were criting for ~880 or so on yellow mobs with a lvl 48 dagger. :lol:

ps: I can't find your armory link anywhere? Doesn't show anyone with your name on it >_<.

I don't know what it is, but I never did like the sub tree, and now with Shadowstep I dislike it even more. No skills!

Are you going for a pure PvP spec though?

The reason why you can't find my armory is probably because you're looking at worldofwarcraft.com.

Try wow-europe.com.

I help: http://armory.wow-europe.com/#character ... n=Azvareth

2009rb9.jpg

Duh! Lol stupidity is overtaking me this afternoon.

Its a PvE and PvP tree. Here i'll show you the basic build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=iMefox0sVzZhZEMjcM0R

Its something like this. I've finished off the assination tree and am working on finishing the sub atm. (so I'm 31/0/17 atm, lvl 54).

Like I said haven't got a chance to test it but for 15 mins on some yellow mobs but I was impressed with how it did.

ps: You should try and get the dagger from one of the lvl 63 instances. Can't remember the name of it >_< but its better than yours. Other than yours not bad gear =D.

pss: I've managed to get around 17% crit rate atm on my 54, 47% chance to crit backstabs. :D

Spent 40g on my (hopefully) final respecc today. Finally got rid of the felguard for a modified version of the old SM/Ruin build. Thing is now I have to work on getting some more crit gear (8.66% with spellstone atm :oops:). It's pretty nice for pvp and dark pact lets me chaincast shadowbolts like no other in instances. Now to attune to kara >.>

PS: Here's my UI. I like to keep it simple in case I play at a friend's house or something and im not totally lost on what to do :P

wowui1.jpg

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

how do i get the extra icon spaces for spells and skills?

With the default UI go to the interface options and there should be something like (show bottom bar 1, show left bar 1, ect.) Just check those.

Looking good. But why don't you remove one point from Murder and put it on Mutilate instead? Murder is pretty useless; Mutilate is not. :P

And what instance are you refering to? Slave pens? I've only done BF and Ramparts so far, and rogue loot never drops. Always cloth, cloth, cloth. However I will probably attempt Slave Pens later this week. I just ding'd 63 yesterday so I'm just questing in Zangarmarsh right now.

2009rb9.jpg

woah default bars.

It looks nice though albit being mostly default :D.

What's so bad about default? Haha, right now, all the mods I have is cartogropher. I was thinking about getting the one that tells you the auction house price.

What good mods would you reccommend for a level 48? And why does everyone love Titan Panel? I don't get what's so great about it. :o

Well I already listed off all my mods I have.

I use FuBar personaly, didn't like Titan Panel. they are the same thing but its great how much info they can show.

Also I don't like the default bar because it takes a metric TON of space. I have something like 33 hotkeys atm and it hardly takes any room (check out my UI earlier in this thread).

I guess it depends really but the ones I couldn't live with are my action bar mod (bongos) and Mob_info 2 (shows hp).

Just checked and its underbog.

And mutulate is a 41 point talent, it'd take another 10 points to get it azvy. :P

Oh [cabbage], hahah. I'm gonna go ahead and pull the ole' "It's past 12 am" card on that one. :P

... But yeah, that was pretty lame of me.

2009rb9.jpg

I didn't like Bongos when I saw the preview, but your version looks different. Is it a normal version?

Yeah it is.

Its fairly easy to set up so you can tailor it to your likings :D.

I've always used CTMod, just because it's incredibly configurable. I have most of its options disabled however, and I use a Stun timer, plus Atlasloot and Cartographer, just to add to the features.

I have a crit record mod installed too but for some reason it craps out on my main.. not on my alts though.