Off-Topic board swamped with news articles

SupportMage

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=780428

January 23, 2009 - Various people, many in their teens, some younger, many older, are noticing a strange trend of what is being called a "bandwagon": people with no creativity simply posting a link to a 'strange' news quirk and flooding their Off-Topic board with things of little discussion value. One teen, identified by authorities as "Supportmage", calls the situation, quote, "a waste of time ".

Will this end soon? Discuss.

Still alive, still alive.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it will soon enough, we need some crass TIF to scare all the spam 22 PC people away.

I'd like to see more thought and science based discussion going on. Also there are too many "meaningless" threads, about what type of toilet paper you use, absorbency, strength, softness, ply-count.

Please people this really isn't necessary.

Stop this chokehold on the forum that once was "general discussions"

And I agree with Canibalism

EDIT: Colour change and bolded.

Actually, the meaningless threads dont bother me because they have a way of causing amusing discussions, but things like 10 children murded doesnt have much discussion value other then "wow thats terrible"

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

It's a phase. The "kill all news threads" phase is rapidly coming on, and soon to follow is the "nothing but incredibly valuable and intelligent scientific and philosophical discussion" phase.

p2gq.jpg

It's a phase. The "kill all news threads" phase is rapidly coming on, and soon to follow is the "nothing but incredibly valuable and intelligent scientific and philosophical discussion" phase.

It happens every year doesn't it? If it weren't for the relationship sticky we'd be flooded with relationship threads until March.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I thought the off-topic board was also swarmed with useless non-news related topics like this one. So much for something worth discussing.

It's humorous, and people are discussing it.

AKA better than a news thread.

I thought the off-topic board was also swarmed with useless non-news related topics like this one. So much for something worth discussing.

actually this thread functions as a satiris statement against the mass of news threads weve been receiving, thread maker was brilliant in choosing this method of complaining.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

It's humorous, and people are discussing it.

AKA better than a news thread.

Touche.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

actually this thread functions as a satiris statement against the mass of news threads weve been receiving, thread maker was brilliant in choosing this method of complaining.

Except he's not the first to do it. That fact pretty much speaks for itself.

p2gq.jpg

It happens every year doesn't it? If it weren't for the relationship sticky we'd be flooded with relationship threads until March.

As well as the "life sucks and nobody understands me" phase near the beginning of winter. If I only had enough determination and free time I'd make a comprehensive analysis of these forum cyclical phases.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Well, the self link made me laugh.

I personally don't mind the news threads. Sometimes I hear about something interesting, and the rest of the time I just ignore them.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain