Sorceress's Garden - Autumn Garden

jimmy6691

This is my first guide so please leave comments on how to improve. Here goes.

Introduction

location.jpg

The Yellow circle shows the location of Osman

The Red circle shows the location of the Sorceress's Apprentice, and the location where the beer glasses can be found.

If you talk to Osman, you learn that he used to enjoy a glass of sq'irk juice before the sorceress stopped supplying him with it after they had a fall out. During the conversation, Osman asks if you could get him some as he is too busy to do so him self. Go to the house just North-East of the Shanty Pass and talk to the apprentice there. She eventually offers to practice her magic on you, and if you accept, you will be teleported to the sorceress's garden.

The Requirements

To gain access to the Sorceress's garden, you need to have completed the "Prince Ali Rescue" quest. To be able to access the Autumn garden, you will need a thieving level of 45 or above.

requirements.jpg

Sugested Items

For this Minigame, it is highly recommended that you keep your weight as low as possible. Boots of lightness, spotted or spottier cape and penance gloves can be used to reduce your weight, allowing you to run for longer. You may also want to bring energy potions to top up your run energy, but these are not essential (strange fruits can be used for the same efects, if you have any spare). Depending on what you would like out of the minigame, you should also bring the items suggested in the categories below.

invent.jpg

Note - This is with spotted cape, boots of lightness and penance gloves.

Sq'irk gathering - Pestle and mortar, empty beer glasses (can be obtained in the house where you talk to the apprentice by searching the shelves)

equipment.jpg

Note - The three spaces are for the fruit you will need to collect

Herb Gathering - As much space in your inventory as possible so you can carry more herbs.

The Garden

The Autumn garden is located south of the fountain (which is in the centre of the Sorceress's garden). Chose the open option on the gate and you will enter the Autumn section of the garden. The aim of the minigame is to navigate your way around a sort of maze without being detected by the autumn elementals patrolling the garden. Towards the end of the maze, you will chose weather to receive herbs or sq'irk fruit (more on these later on in the guide). Below is a map (created by my self) showing the basic outline of the maze.

autumngarden-1.jpg

The brown squares represent a wall, the light green squares show places where you will not be seen by the elementals, the dark green squares represent the location of the herb patches, the dark red squares show the location of the Autumn Sq'irk tree and the orange lines show the path of the elementals.

1) To start off, move to the location labelled 1.

location1.jpg

2) When the Autumn elemental is facing West, move on to the spot labelled 2.

location2.jpg

3) As the elemental passes over you towards the east, proceed onto location 3. You could miss out step 2 by running from 1 to 3 when the elemental is positioned over spot 2 facing west.

location3.jpg

4) As the elemental spins from facing north to south, run to spot 4.

location4.jpg

5) This part is a little tricky. You will need to wait until the vertically moving elemental reaches its most southern position, and the horizontally moving elemental reaches its most western position. As both of them spin around, you will be able to run to spot 5.

location5.jpg

6) Move onto the spot labelled 6.

location6.jpg

7) When the elemental patrolling above spot 7 reaches its most western point, run to spot 7.

location7.jpg

Decision time

Now you have the choice of what reward you would like to take from the minigame. If you would like to make sq'irk juice, continue to spot 8. If you would like to gather herbs instead, skip stage 8 and 9, and move onto stage 10 (spot 9 on the map).

Sq'irk fruit

8) When the elemental is directly below you, wait until it is about 1/3 of the way towards the east. Then you can progress onto spot 8.

location8.jpg

9) Now all you need to do is to pick the fruit off the tree. you will then be teleported out of the garden and have to start off from scratch.

sqirktree.jpg

Herb Picking

10) From spot 7, run diagonally to spot 9 (watch out for the elemental).

location9.jpg

11) Move along the wall to spot 10.

location10.jpg

12) Run to spot 11, and make sure you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get caught. Then simply click on the herb patch and you will receive two identified herbs (totally random with the exception of snapdragon, toadflax and torstol).

location11.jpg

Rewards

For each trip, you will recieve one fruit or two herbs (thats if you make it to the end).

From picking either the sq'irk fruit or the herbs, you receive a small amount of Farming experience. The experience gained for this particular garden is 50 for both of the options. The herbs can be used in herblore, but the sq'irks can be used to gain experience in thieving. All you need is an empty beer glass (see above), a pestle and mortar, and 3 autumn sq'irks per glass. Use the pestle and mortar on one of the fruits to make an Autumn Sq'irk juice.

sqirk.gif

You can now chose what to do with these drinks. You can keep them for your self and drink them. They give +2 thieving levels and increase your run energy by 15%. Or you can hand them over to Osman, who will give you 2350 thieving experience for every drink.

exp.jpg

I did a quick trial of herb collecting and gathered 56 herbs (2 inventories) to give an outline on the herb possibilities. Here is the list of what i gathered-

• 3 gaum leaf

9 marrentill

6 tarromin

10 harralander

6 ranarr weed

8 irit leaf

6 avantoe

4 kwuarm

4 cadantine

Thank you for reading my guide, and comments are welcome.

tanmthiefcape,jimmy6691.gif

very good guide,

you can also hide at the top of the rectangle of safe spot #6, i find it good to see where the top one is

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

I found I saved energy by walking from spot 1 to 3, clicking when it is 2 squares to the west of the square below point 1. 8-)

Otherwise, good guide, it should help alot of people I see getting teleported frequently. =D>

P.S. I hate it when people go from squares 3 to 4 and get an elemental stuck north-west of them. Most of them refuse to log out so that people can get past, so I have to hop worlds :x

Nice guide... You can also as soon as element #1 is near you you can start walking right behind it and you won't get caught... and you can walk!

Doesn't take chances. Look's cute, but dangerous. So don't mess with me.

TY to Cowboy14 for the awesome Avvy, and Unoalexi for the sig!

Wolf_sig_2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jimmy. Nice guide. Could you post average times and run energy used for each trip? I'd like to know how fast this xp is. And for the herb garden as well please.

OK Jimmy I got rid of the message like you asked.

i would just like to check if the guide looks better now that is did before.

If too many of you dont like the new look, ill just change it back to what it used to be. (got copies of both)

Thanx for your help :thumbsup:

tanmthiefcape,jimmy6691.gif