Sorceress's Spring Garden Guide

TechHead7890

Well I saw the sticky for the Summer Garden, a Autumn thread, Searched and a winter, but not yet a Spring one? I have decided to make a guide for spring.

Also please do NOT take my photos without my permission. Also If I say yes, DO NOT claim credit.

DO NOT change the credits, keep the list is at the bottom.

There are people to be credited.

Notice: For ease of Dial-Up users, I have implemented the hide Code on the walkthrough and all pictures. Hopefully this will help you use the content. See version history for a few more notes.

(Click the words in big boxes to open them. Try below to see what I mean.)

[hide=Click here to try!]You've opened a hide! Hooray! :lol:[/hide]

Admins/Mods/Tip.it crew: This is my walk through, and If you wish to use it, You have permission, because otherwise it would take up to 5 days to reply with a yes.

Contents

You can search for the names to find what you want.

(Ctrl+F)

1.What to Take

2. Getting Timing Right

3. (In progress)Juices, Rewards and Misc.

4. Credits

5. Version History

What to Take

For Juicing:

Pestle and mortar

Beer Glasses (Search the witch's shelves to find some)

You must also 'take' 25 Thieving, and have done Prince Ali Rescue! You can't even get sq'irks without doing the quest. If your theiving is lower, I would recommend looking at the Winter guide, by Miss Mafia. Speaking of that, I have no idea where it went.

Preferably, but not required:

Light or no armour

Hunter capes

Boots of lightness

Amulet Of Catspeak (if you want to talk to the cat)

The Getting Timing Right[hide=Hide/Show Walkthrough][hide=Picture 1]springguidedatads8.png[/hide]

This is the first bit. Click in the alcove marked by the yellow X and circled by red. Then go just after it turns around.

Make sure the elemental is like in the picture going to the alcove area, or you may get caught.

You do not need to run! Some people do this. It might even get you caught by making you go in front of the Elemental!

OR

If you would like to, walk behind it to the very end of the row. when it turns around go into the X in picture 2, below.

[hide=Picture 2]springguidedata2lv1.png[/hide]

Make sure the elemental is going in the direction of the yellow arrow, and is past the alcove. Then walk to the next X.

You do not need to run! Some people do this. However, it won't get you caught.

[hide=Picture 3]spring3wk3.png[/hide]

You're about halfway! (and you just started.. Short eh?) This is probably the trickiest one, because you absolutely have to Use the minimap, and if you try to do something else, sometimes you're in the middle instead of the alcoves.

The easiest way is to run! Click a alcove and make sure you have some run energy!

Sometimes you will get caught, this is because after a while, the Elementals stop bumping each other(It might be bumping paths.. I dunno), which makes them turn around instantly, so you might have some difficulty there.

[hide=Picture 4]spring4bz6.png[/hide]

Just like 2, Make sure the elemental is going in the direction of the yellow arrow, and is past the alcove. Then walk OR run(I personally run) to the next X. Won't get you caught if you walk.

[hide=Picture 5]springfinishea4.png[/hide]

Home stretch! Make sure that either it is like the pic or, the top one is going north while the other east. Click green to go to the herbs, Red for sq'irk tree.

You will return to the fountain after a picking of either Herbs or Sq'irk fruit.

[/hide]

Juices, rewards and Miscellaneous

When having a beer glass and a Pestle and Mortar in your inventory, using the Pestle & Mortar on sq'irk fruit causes It to either:

[hide=Juicing photo]thejuiceyn7.png[/hide]

Squeeze it!

Which gives a glass of Spring sq'irk juice, and the action looks like this:

[hide=Juice picture]actionrk5.png[/hide]

OR

[hide=Not enough Picture]spingcannotfillbb2.png[/hide]

Rewards/Effects

[hide=Xp Reward]rewardspringkc5.png[/hide]

Giving it to Osman, the spy master of Al-Karid, will result in getting 1350 amount of Theiving XP.

Drinking it will Restore 15% Run energy and Increase Thieving level by 1 temporarily.

The herbs you can get are up to Dwarf Weed, And does not include Snapdragon, Toadflax and Torstol. 50 Farming Xp to pick herbs.

Credits

Tip's guide:(subcredits abomb67, Headnazgul, Pokemama, vlad_the_old, SaidinWoT) For filling in the gaps.

Rune Crypt: For giving me a good idea of where to hide.

A friend, Whom I currently can't name: for helping me get the autumn timing right, so I don't have to use Spring (I'm 47 Thv)

You: for reading.

If you read this far, could you please take the time to reply?

If There are any typo's send me a Forum PM.

If there is anything not covered, click here for Tip It's Official guide

Version History (If you like to read it, I don't so it's here)

v 1.0: Published, had to go so left half done. :?

v 1.1: Published completely.

v 1.2-2.1: Typo corrections, changes(?).

v 3.0 Making it dial-up friendly, putting hide tags on photos. A few typos spotted and corrected. Hiding of the Walkthrough is enabled incase people wish to see rewards and/or don't want to spoil the fun/experience the grudge :lol: at the Mini-game. Short amount of text added to Pic 3.

v 3.1 Just renamed 2.2 to 3.0, felt it was more suited. Need to fix the third picture, changed a bit so grammar suits the purpose better.

v 3.2 minor fixes, I forgot to add P.A.R. as a requirement #-o so I added that, changed some text so it makes grammatical sense.

SnWRifleman

I searched for spring and it did not return any results in Player made guides, or General H&A (although it shouldn't). If you believe my guide should be locked, there is always the ! to use.

Sirhc

Glad to see you liked it.

I have changed the guide to include theiving requirements, and do most of the 3rd section. Added credits.

Now it's a sticky! I hope you like it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think it's time to reply.. Thanks to all the people who have thanked me. It's means alot! It was my first guide, and probably for a long time, my only)

Okay, hoffman, I can't exactly reply, because you haven't told me what the 'it' is. FYI couldn't (could not=couldn't). I hope you've been taught about contractions like don't too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've still got problems on the last stretch.

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a friend run through this guide, comments are in red but I'm not sure I understand all of them, lol. TechHead, please take a look and see if you think anything should be added or expanded to make your info clearer.

Cut n pasted the guys post. My notes are in red/bold.

springguidedatads8.png

This is the first bit. Click in the alcove marked by the yellow X and circled by red. Then go just after it turns around.

This was very easy to get to. I just waited for the elemental to turn south and just as the elemental went past the safe spot, I ran to it from the first alcove just opposite the entry door. Where the guys character is standing in the pic.

Make sure the elemental is like in the picture going to the alcove area, or you may get caught.

You do not need to run! Some people do this. It might even get you caught by making you go in front of the Elemental!

OR

If you would like to, walk behind it to the very end of the row. when it turns around go into the X in picture 2, below.

springguidedata2lv1.png

Make sure the elemental is going in the direction of the yellow arrow, and is past the alcove. Then walk to the next X.

To get to the end of the row safespot, as in picture two. From the second alcove I ran(after right click - walk here) to the safe spot - once the Elemtal was heading North and had just passed me.

You do not need to run! Some people do this. However, it won't get you caught

spring3wk3.png

You're about halfway! (and you just started.. Short eh?) This is probably the trickiest one, because you absolutely have to Use the minimap, and if you try to do something else, sometimes you're in the middle instead of the alcoves.

Yes this was tricky at first. I positioned my camera angle so that I could right click on the next safe spot. And you have to wait for the the Northern most elemental to start walking North again, all the while watching the two elementals next to you. As long as they are east of your position and not facing you, you can make it. I'm a pro at this now :o

The easiest way is to run! Click a alcove and make sure you have some run energy!

Sometimes you will get caught, this is because after a while, the Elementals stop bumping each other(It might be bumping paths.. I dunno), which makes them turn around instantly, so you might have some difficulty there.

spring4bz6.png

Just like 2, Make sure the elemental is going in the direction of the yellow arrow, and is past the alcove. Then walk OR run(I personally run) to the next X. Won't get you caught if you walk.

This was easy, as long as the Elemental is moving South just past your position, I ran to the safe spot.

springfinishea4.png

Home stretch! Make sure that either it is like the pic or, the top one is going north while the other east. Click green to go to the herbs, Red for sq'irk tree.

This was a bit tricky, from the safe spot to the Squirks, as you have to make sure you run to the squirks a little bit after the Elemental has turned right next to you to head East, otherwise if you are running you will overtake him and get caught. But i managed too successfully do it twice in a row. When i did try walking I got caught by the elemental coming down from the North.

If you want me to get some cleaner images I can do so in the morning. I wil give one edited with the safe spot and one just blank so someone can edit that on your team if you like.[/b]

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Second post - yes, on purpose, since the above was info from my friend.

I'd like to get instructions for all four gardens into the website guide, but we need a consistent format. Although I like your "real game window" pictures, they are not oriented the same direction (on North), they have a lot of chat on them, as well as the inventory pack, and they are just too large for the website. :( Something I've done in the past is to paste the radar minimap into an unused corner of the main game screen, so then all the excess can be cropped off. Dunno if you feel like trying to do that.

Although the "grid" map in the other guide is large and clean with clear orientation and straight lines, it's not as easy to see what's going on without seeing the real scenery and elementals, which your pictures show.

So I'm rather at a loss, lol. Am hoping I can get an eager Crewbie to take a look and get this moving again. Thanks to all for your patience. :D

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.