My Guide to getting 13m EXP! Version 1.2

IgnacioxD

Updates

A huge update adds 1.0, small updates adds 0.1 to the version,

You are currently looking at version 1.2

31/07/08 - Added chapter 2: Doin' your homework

29/07/08 - Chapter '5.2.1.1 Red Bull' updated

29/07/08 - Chapter '5.2.1.1 Red Bull' updated

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome !

To my guide to getting a 99er !

Contents

1. Introduction

2. Doing your homework, Pre-work preparations

[hide=3. Things in Runescape to make it easier]2.1 Making friends

3.2 Cool outfits

3.3 Making goals

3.4 Races!

3.5 Organising your party

3.6 Finding cool locations[/hide]

[hide=4. Other things to make it easier]3.1 Music!

4.2 Real life friends

4.3 Get a life![/hide]

[hide=5. All nighters!(AN)]4.1 Introdcution

5.2 How do I keep awake?

5.2.1 Things you DO use for doing an AN

5.2.1.1 Red Bull

5.2.1.2 Music

5.2.1.3 Friends

5.2.2 Things you DONT use for doing an AN

5.2.2.1 Drugs[/hide]

6. Credits & Ending words

1. Introduction

As every guide has one, here is my introduction!

Everyone is probably thinking right now, this man writes a guide about getting 13m+ Exp and he only has one 99 er! Well my answer to your question: Im getting 2 other 99ers at the moment, Fishing and cooking. Now as I got 99 Fletching and getting to Fish & Cook, I developed some adjustments to make that long way a bit shorter. This guide contains a lot of text seeing as pictures arent really possible in such a guide. Its best to find a specific part by pressing Ctrl + F and searching for the part that is useful to you! They are all explained here. Have fun reading!

2. Doing your homework, Pre-work preparations

This is basically doing your homework before you start your major goal! It really means a little pre-planning before you start. Decide which way you wan to get it: Cheap and slow, or expensive and fast. Work out how much money itll cost you or how much profit youll make. Decide wisely which skill your training because this could be critical for your further Runscape-Career! If you have this feeling: I WANT THAT CAPE SO BADLY!!!, Your ready to begin! This means that you are more determined and will go through with your goal and wont quit like most players who attempt. Also think about quests who can improve your way of getting the 99er.

3. Things in Runescape to make it easier

3.1 Making Friends

This is like the main thing. Making friends during the skilling. This can be done with all skills except for combat skills including prayer. Also with construction its not really possible. With all the other skills, make as much friends as you can! Its always fun to come back to your favourite skilling place or whatever and getting 5 HYTs at a time as you arrive! It also helps that you can talk to people about everything whilst skilling. This will let time go faster and you wont get bored as fast as you normally would.

3.2 Cool Outfits

This is also a very good way to pass time. Think about cool outfits you can wear whilst skilling. If its too expensive, its even better! You get more motivation out of this and you will work your way trough until you reach your cash/Outfit goal! When you reach this, think about a new outfit! An even more expensive one! Change outfits every 0.5-1m Exp. Dont put too much time in this. I remember thinking and searching for an outfit for a whole day and just didnt fletch for one day! DO NOT DO THIS :thumbsup:

3.3 Making goals

Its also fun to make new goals whilst achieving your current one. This is really helpful when you need cash for your next achievement. For example: If your getting 99 fishing and youre thinking about 99 herblore. Herblore costs about 35m and fishing is really profitable. So this gives you more motivation to achieve the 99 fishing goals to achieve that cool green herby cape!

3.4 Races!

Organise races between you and a friend. Just race for the honor, because you cant give any awards to the winner anymore :wall: .Just be sure that you still have a chance for winning. Dont start a race when you are at 85 and your friend is already at 95. Its nearly impossible to win the race in this situation.

3.5 Organising you Party

Its common that everyone gives a little/Huge party when they reach a 99 skill. But keep in mind that this needs a lot of organisation! Its fun to plan youre party when you only have 500k xp to go. Contact friends about place and time. Do keep in mind that the time changes . For example: Im at GMT+1(Western Europe) and my friend is in Canada(GMT-7). Its and 8 hour time difference! So try and find a good time to make it possible for all your friends to be there!

3.6 Finding cool locations

I suggest you find cool looking locations with moving objects around you, and that is popular too people too! Its fun to see people passing with the cape that you are working for! The animations and cool looking graphics also keeps you from getting bored.

4. Other things to make it easier

4.1 Music!

This is great! Music is 10% of my life! This keeps you active to. Find songs that you like, and if youre alone, even karaoke them! Dont mind your own bad singing-art, just have fun whilst getting the 99er. Songs that are active, with a good beat are very good. It keeps you from getting bored. Tell other people what music youre listening at, and ask what they like, discover new music-styles and Let them discover yours!

4.2 Real Life Friends

This is a bit odd for some people, but I look at it as an advantage. The meaning of this part is this: Tell your friends in real life about runescape and ask them if they want to play too. Help them thru the basics of Runescape and maybe they will skill with you in some time! Also brag about your skills to your friends, this encourages them too reach your skills, and then that motivates you to keep your skills above the skills of your friend! Pretty easy tho, although this is not evident. I got several friends who I lost races too and have the double total exp that I have and started 2 months later!! I do admit that they dont really have a life anymore.. :thumbsup:.

4.3 Get a life!

Be sure you still have a life. I admit I am seriously addicted to Runescape, but I do make time to still have a daily job 6/7 10 hours+ a day, and have some time with friends. Be sure you have enough breaks from this game. An addiction maybe fun for yourself, but not for others. You will become unsocial and you will end up not having a life! Well, GET A LIFE!:wall:

5. All nighters!(AN)

5.1 Introduction

This one of my favourite parts of my guide. An all nighter means that you dont sleep. So you get out of bed, begin to play Runescape and dont stop playing till next day when the sun goes down. I know some people will think, get a life dude! Well youre right! Absolutely right! But hey why not? As long as you keep yourself entertained there is no problem! The reason why I put this here is this: When you play 24+ hours non-stop, you will reach more then 1 level, and this will motivate you. Do remember to catch up the lost sleep.

5.2 How do I keep awake?

5.2.1 Things you DO use for doing an AN

5.2.1.1 Red bull

This is an energy drink globally known. The real red bull isnt necessary, an other brand will do perfectly as well(Shark, atomic, burn, etc). Keep in mind that this is some addictive and unhealthy stuff and I speak from my own experiences :oops: . When I started using this drug I drank about 4-5 RBs a day to keep awake. Sometimes 10 just for playing Runescape. DO NOT DO THIS! I got sick from drinking too many cans. I had to stay in bed for 2 weeks and just rest to catch up all the time I didnt sleep because of this energy drink! Thats why I suggest you dont drink this too much. I dont want you to end up like me, throwing up all over, serious headaches, stomach problems, eating disorders, etc

Note that Red Bull is illegal in France (Thank you dragon_keeper)

[hide=Quotes & Additions]

Just so that you might add red bull is also illigal in Denmark because of its dangerus effects8around 15 red bulls within 10 hours is enough to give you a cardiac arrest so watch out

10/10 great guide meh favorite part is energy drinks ima die from them somedday but i have 3-5 energy drinks a day and to let u kno some other ones tht would keep them up is : amp, monster, lost, and jolt( not as effective but comes in a big can so it lasts a bit longer :thumbsup: )

also might want to add coffe bcuz it generally helps ppl, some energy drinks are makin coffee now (monster is the only 1 i can name at the top of meh head)

some great coffee companys: dunkin dounuts, honeydew dounuts, and starbucks ( u can get starbucks at a corner store )

also remember if u go to get coffee never get a fruit cappichino they have no caffine and thts wat keeps u up ( a duoble expresso will help the most)

also if u every hear of energy gum it dosnt work ive tryed it from several companys and all the flavors

so i hope i was able to help u

[/hide]

5.2.1.2 Music

This helps you keep awake, use music that is active by itselfs. Dance music, electro, house. No depressing music from Amy Winehouse! Shes already dead, except she doesnt know it herself :thumbsup: .

5.2.1.3 Friends

Ask your friends to do an AN with you! You can talk all night long and you will help each other thru. An AN alone isnt as fun as you do this with 2 or 3 persons! Its more motivating.

5.2.2 Things you DONT use for doing an AN

5.2.2.1 Drugs

As a 16 year old guy, I have been confronted with drugs for many times. To be clear, I am ANTI-DRUGS. Costs a lot, addictive, bad for your health, against the law, etc This is not an option! If you ever think about this, quit playing!

6. Credits and ending words

This guide is pretty boring, I know, but if someone has some new ideas, THEYRE WELCOME! Any ideas about pictures and adjustments are really welcome, to help my guide become more readable!

Credits

- The bad weather: For having no internet connection and making me write this guide!

- dragon_keeper: Red bull info!

- Ryuuka: Red bull info!

- dorcus1: Idea for chapter 2!

- ME!: for making this guide!

Account created:2/01/'08 Months Played: 11!!

Check out my guide on getting 13m Exp!

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

115 CB | 99 Fletch | 99 cook | 99 Ranged | 99 Fm | 99 Fish | 1800+ Total

Dragon drops: 2 Meds ;; 1 Skirt ;; 2 Legs ;; 1 Shield

Chikens lay strong eggs when they think a day counts 28 hours...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm...

I don't thik this is really a guide...

May i ask why you think this? :)

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

Oi, its a guide, and a good one at that. Its got good organization, it would have pictures if they were applicable, and it explains in the sections very well. Besides, I don't see you making a better guide :shame:

Why do you need our help btw?

lol i love this guide <3:

lol as i am also getting 99 fishing and cooking (almost 98 fish now) and have already gotten 99 fletch i find myself already doing everything in this guide.

only thing i disagree on is the drugs part, fishing under influence can be amazingly fun ^^.

come to world 46 to fish monks (best exp and profit) and we can pull an all nighter if u want.

mistakes:

redbull is illegal in france.

part 2.2 expensiver isnt a word. its more expensive =P

ugh i saw another mistake sumwhere when i was reading ill get it later....

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

lol i love this guide <3:

lol as i am also getting 99 fishing and cooking (almost 98 fish now) and have already gotten 99 fletch i find myself already doing everything in this guide.

only thing i disagree on is the drugs part, fishing under influence can be amazingly fun ^^.

come to world 46 to fish monks (best exp and profit) and we can pull an all nighter if u want.

mistakes:

redbull is illegal in france.

part 2.2 expensiver isnt a word. its more expensive =P

ugh i saw another mistake sumwhere when i was reading ill get it later....

ty and this is why i need help, english is only my third language

i don't say it's bad, but i make mistakes regularly

btw, my home world is 162 ;)

GL on 99 fishing, almost there;)

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

Oi, its a guide, and a good one at that. Its got good organization, it would have pictures if they were applicable, and it explains in the sections very well. Besides, I don't see you making a better guide :shame:

Why do you need our help btw?

typical mistakes, pics maybe if applicable and maybe more ideas to put in my guide! :)

thanks for the comment btw ;)

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

Umm...

I don't thik this is really a guide...

May i ask why you think this? :)

Well,

I think most of this is common sense. This "guide" tells you to basically do what you like to pass the time.

Also, telling people to play a "All nighter" isin't exactly new either.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I agree with the above poster.

Also, recommending an all nighter is a bad idea. There has been several cases of people dying from over playing video games and dehydrating.

These are all common sense type of things to do. here is some advice: break 13m xp up in small goals. No one will get 13m xp in one sitting.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

No one will get 13m xp in one sitting.

actully on runemonkey, some people have :shock:

well, nice guide very well orgenized with some new suggestions and not just all the old crap

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

No one will get 13m xp in one sitting.

actully on runemonkey, some people have :shock:

well, nice guide very well orgenized with some new suggestions and not just all the old crap

Thanks! :)

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

Welcome !

4.2.2 Things you DONT use for doing an AN

4.2.2.1 Drugs

As a 16 year old guy, I have been confronted with drugs for many times. To be clear, I am ANTI-DRUGS. Costs a lot, addictive, bad for your health, against the law, etc This is not an option! If you ever think about this, quit playing!

Nice that you put that in, but one little correction from me;

As a 19 year old that HAS dabbled in drugs from time to time, I'd like to point out they're not that expensive. :P

Recent studies have shown that on average, around the country, a line of cocaine costs less than a pint of lager. :P

Anyway, as to not make this thread turn into a debate against drugs, I'd like to say that it's a nice guide as a whole. Stating the obvious a bit in alot of places but still a good guide. :)

iSkorne.png

[hide=Drops]

Monsters

1x Dragon Chainbody (1 Dust Devil Trip)

3x Black Mask (2 trips)

1x Drag Skirt (50+ trips)

Clues

1x Robin Hood Hat

1x Guthix Platebody

[/hide]

Just so that you might add red bull is also illigal in Denmark because of its dangerus effects8around 15 red bulls within 10 hours is enough to give you a cardiac arrest so watch out)

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

You forgot to mention arguably the most important part of getting a 99... doing your homework. 8-) By that, I mean pre-goal preparations.

Decide upon your goal. Ask yourself why you're doing it. A gut feeling that says "I really want this 99" is enough. If you don't have an answer, find some other skill to train. Once you make your goal, then you can decide how to reach it. What's the most efficient way to train? How much does it cost, and how much attention does it require? Is it boring? Spend time deciding what method(s) to use.

Are there any useful quests to help your goal? If it's a combat goal, Lost City is a requirement for some dragon weapons. If your goal is 99 slayer, do Smoking Kills (or whatever the slayer expansion quest was). If you're thinking of 99 firemaking, think about getting 46 summoning for the pyrelord pouch.

I apply a "work smarter, not harder" kind of approach. I try to find ways to multitask while training. For example I train magic by earth-striking the earth wizard south of Fally. It's slow and expensive exp, but you can effectively train almost afk. My preferred mining exp is from pure ess (slow exp, decent money, much less clicking). \'

This guide is about how to push yourself harder to achieve your goals. But remember, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail." The guide is detailed in telling me to push harder, but doesn't tell me how to push more efficiently. This guide is still missing quite a bit of info, but I don't feel comfortable giving it a bad rating. Especially when the author has made an honest effort to make the guide clear, simple, and informative.

I've been playing RS for 5 years (I have the Christmas yo-yo of whatever year it was) and my stats don't really show it. No 99's yet for me, and I've burned out on one attempt. So take my advice at face value.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

You forgot to mention arguably the most important part of getting a 99... doing your homework. 8-) By that, I mean pre-goal preparations.

Decide upon your goal. Ask yourself why you're doing it. A gut feeling that says "I really want this 99" is enough. If you don't have an answer, find some other skill to train. Once you make your goal, then you can decide how to reach it. What's the most efficient way to train? How much does it cost, and how much attention does it require? Is it boring? Spend time deciding what method(s) to use.

Are there any useful quests to help your goal? If it's a combat goal, Lost City is a requirement for some dragon weapons. If your goal is 99 slayer, do Smoking Kills (or whatever the slayer expansion quest was). If you're thinking of 99 firemaking, think about getting 46 summoning for the pyrelord pouch.

I apply a "work smarter, not harder" kind of approach. I try to find ways to multitask while training. For example I train magic by earth-striking the earth wizard south of Fally. It's slow and expensive exp, but you can effectively train almost afk. My preferred mining exp is from pure ess (slow exp, decent money, much less clicking). \'

This guide is about how to push yourself harder to achieve your goals. But remember, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail." The guide is detailed in telling me to push harder, but doesn't tell me how to push more efficiently. This guide is still missing quite a bit of info, but I don't feel comfortable giving it a bad rating. Especially when the author has made an honest effort to make the guide clear, simple, and informative.

I've been playing RS for 5 years (I have the Christmas yo-yo of whatever year it was) and my stats don't really show it. No 99's yet for me, and I've burned out on one attempt. So take my advice at face value.

This was the advice i was waiting for, and advice that makes my guide really better! I'll update it today! with a whole new chapter: Doin your homework!

Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

Major update!!

New chapter added! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

this chapter will be updated during the ucoming days, don't know when yet!

Stay tuned for for more updates!

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

Oooh I like. Might help me with 99 Woodcutting!

10/10

ThQ!

And it'll sure do! :thumbsup:

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

Also you can:

Watch a move on your computer if your doing something w/o frequent clicks. I have heard of many playing gee-tar, i I drum along to songs w/my fingers :D

bump!!

i will update the new chapter on friday!

major update on friday w00t!! \' :thumbsup:

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

Just thought you would like to see this :

[hide=this]S Korean dies after games session

A South Korean man has died after reportedly playing an online computer game for 50 hours with few breaks.

The 28-year-old man collapsed after playing the game Starcraft at an internet cafe in the city of Taegu, according to South Korean authorities.

The man had not slept properly, and had eaten very little during his marathon session, said police.

Multi-player gaming in South Korea is extremely popular thanks to its fast and widespread broadband network.

Games are televised and professional players are treated, as well as paid, like sports stars.

Professional gamers there attract huge sums in sponsorship and can make more than $100,000 a year.

They are the types of games that completely engross the player. They are not games that you can play for 20 minutes and stop

Professor Mark Griffiths

The man, identified by his family name, Lee, started playing Starcraft on 3 August. He only paused playing to go to the toilet and for short periods of sleep, said the police.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official told the Reuters news agency.

He was taken to hospital following his collapse, but died shortly after, according to the police. It is not known whether he suffered from any previous health conditions.

They added that he had recently been fired from his job because he kept missing work to play computer games.

Small minority

Online computer games are some of the most popular and largest growth areas in interactive entertainment.

Players can easily get immersed and feel compelled to play for hours at a stretch, particuarly in massively multiplayer online role playing games - MMORPGs - in which thousands of gamers play and interact in shared fantasy or science fiction worlds.

Reports of gamers spending 10 to 15 hours a day in front of video games, such as the highly popular World of Warcraft and EverQuest, are becoming more frequent. Experts say gamers should take regular screen breaks.

Psychologist Professor Mark Griffiths, author of several in-depth studies into online gaming and gambling addiction, told the BBC News website that, according to his research, playing excessively was not problematic in any shape or form for the majority of gamers.

He said: "It does seem to be the case that online gaming addiction for a small minority is a real phenomenon and people suffer the same symptoms as traditional addictions.

"But the good news is that it is a small minority."

In one detailed survey of 540 gamers, Professor Griffith and his team found that there were four playing more than 80 hours a week, which is considered "excessive".

He explained many people liked to play MMORPGs for long periods of time because of the social aspect of the games.

"They are the types of games that completely engross the player. They are not games that you can play for 20 minutes and stop.

"If you are going to take it seriously, you have to spend time doing it," he said.

But he warned there was a difference between "healthy enthusiasm" and "unhealthy addiction." People who sacrificed jobs, partners and loved ones were considered "extreme players".

Unlike help for traditional addictions, such as gambling, there is very little help for computer game addiction, he said.

"It is not taken seriously yet - it is the same for internet addiction," he said.

He advised anyone worried about gaming addictions should contact their local GP and get referred to a psychologist.

More than 15 million people, or 30% of the population, are registered for online gaming in South Korea. The country also host the annual World Cyber Games.[/hide]

but 9/10 on guide

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]