* Tips and tricks

* List of Tree payments

* Summoning

* Daily Distractions and Diversions

* Final words

* Special thanks

-- Introduction --

Welcome to my Farming route guide.

This guide contains a Farming route that explains how to get to all the Farming patches one after another in an efficient way. If you don't want to waste enormous amounts of money on Farming or wouldn't mind doing a little Farming while completing some daily minigames, you've come to the right place. To get the most Farming exp per day, just do this route once a day and do some smaller routes (e.g. herbs only or trees only) later on. If you'd rather limit the amount spent training Farming to a minimum, just do a small tree run (the 5 normal tree patches).

I expect you to have at least a basic knowledge of Farming and suggest you to read the Tip.It Farming Guide first. It also contains all the extra details not found in my guide like growth time, what flowers protects what allotments, etc.

Farming is a special skill because you have to wait for the plants to grow. Since you can't start a run until all your plants are fully grown, you need to know which is the slowest (usually Fruit Trees). All Fruit Trees take 14.6 hours to grow. Only the Calquat tree (20 hours) and the Spirit tree take longer (62 hours) to grow.

Personally, I try to do one Farming run each day so I can do all the daily minigames and to make sure everything is fully grown.

In my previous version, I was trying to make the guide as customizable as possible. However I found this was too complex because of all the requirements and alternatives, and eventually my guide didn't look anything like was I was actually doing. Therefore I have decided to just write exactly how I do a run and list ways how to get around the high requirements. At the time of writing, I have a Quest Cape and have done all but the Elite Ardougne Diaries.

-- Farming route --

The route will be split up between banks. I'll assume you are using the Modern Magic spell book. If I mention teleport jewelry, I'm assuming they have teleport charges left. When you start the route, you can't have a familiar summoned, so if you have one out and want to start a route, I suggest you wait until it timer runs out.

Before you start using this guide, fill all the compost bins with items that make supercompost (see Tip.It Farming guide) and plant White Lilies in all the Flower patches. Make sure you've got 0 empty buckets and max 50 supercomposts stored in the Leprechaun.

If you're new to this guide, follow the long version of the route closely for about 2 or 3 trips until you get used to it; then you can use the shortened version (next section).

Equipment:

Magic Secateurs, Seer's headband 1/2/3, Amulet of glory, Ardougne cloak 2/3/4, Varrock armour 1/2/3, Agile legs, Karamja gloves 1/2/3, Boots of Lightness, Explorer's ring 3

equipmentp.png

To do a complete run, you'll need:

27 watermelon seeds

5 herb seeds

16 hop seeds (12 if you use jute seeds)

4 bush seeds

5 tree saplings + payment

5 fruit tree saplings + payment

1 belladonna seed

1 evil turnip seed

1 cactus seed

1 mushroom spore

1 limpwurt seed

38 empty buckets

[hide= Bank 1: Draynor"]Teleport to Draynor using the Amulet of glory

Bank everything you're holding and take out:

Inventory: Magic watering can, Amulet of glory, spade, seed dibber, 4 hop seeds, 1 bush seed, supercompost, Rimmington tablet, (a Familiar pouch + scrolls)

bank1draynor.png

Run west to the Leprechaun near the Spirit tree patch and deposit your Magic Secateurs

Run south to the docks

(Dismiss your familiar, drop your extra pouch and scrolls)

Take the boat to Entrana

Run west to the Entrana hop patch

Withdraw your Magic secateurs from the Leprechaun and equip them

Harvest the hop patch, use supercompost on it, plant hop seeds and water them

(Take the boat back to Port Sarim, pick up your dropped pouch and scrolls and summon a new familiar)

Teleport to Rimmington

Pick the berries, dig out the plant and plant a bush seed. (Don't use supercompost!)

Teleport to Edgeville using the Amulet of Glory

Bank at Edgeville bank and put on the equipment list above

[/hide]

[hide= Bank 2: Edgeville"]Inventory: Magic watering can, hatchet, spade, seed dibber, 6 watermelon seeds, 1 herb seed, 1 fruit tree sapling + payment, 15 buckets, 3k cash, Camelot teleport runes or tab

bank1anywhere.png

Remove the headband, teleport to Camelot, re-equip the headband and run east to the Catherby allotment patch

Empty the compost bin and deposit all but 3 buckets of supercompost at the Leprechaun

Harvest the first watermelon patch, use supercompost on it, plant watermelon seeds and water them

Use 15 of the watermelons on the empty compost bin and close it

Harvest the second watermelon patch, use supercompost on it, plant watermelon seeds and water them

Note the watermelons by using them on the Leprechaun

Harvest the herb patch, use supercompost on it and plant a herb seed

Note the herbs by using them on the Leprechaun

Run southeast to the Catherby fruit tree patch

Pick the fruit, cut down the tree, dig out the stump, plant a fruit sapling and pay the farmer

Run west to the docks and buy pineapples and seaweed from Ahrein (not right-click)

Bank at Catherby bank

[/hide]

[hide= Bank 3: Catherby"]Inventory: Magic watering can, hatchet, spade, seed dibber, 4 hop seeds, 2 tree saplings + payment, cactus seed, 2 supercompost, Falador teleport, Taverley tablet (or House teleport runes if your house is in Taverley)

bank2catherby.png

Run west to the flax field and ask Geoffrey for flax

Run northwest to the Seers village hop patch

Note the hops by using them on the Leprechaun

Teleport to Falador and run east to the Falador tree patch

Cut down the tree, remove the stump, plant a tree sapling and pay the farmer

Teleport to Taverley and run east to the Taverley tree patch

Teleport to Al Kharid using the Amulet of glory to and run northeast to the Al Kharid cactus patch

Harvest the cactus, remove it, use supercompost on the patch and plant a cactus seed

Bank at Al Kharid

[/hide]

[hide= Bank 4: Al Kharid"]Inventory: Magic watering can, hatchet, spade, seed dibber, 6 watermelon seeds, 1 herb seed, 15 buckets

bank3alkharid.png

Teleport to to Ardougne allotment patch using the Ardougne cloak 3

Empty the compost bin and deposit all but 3 buckets of supercompost at the Leprechaun

Harvest the first watermelon patch, use supercompost on it, plant watermelon seeds and water them

Harvest the second watermelon patch, use supercompost on it, plant watermelon seeds and water them

Run southeast and ask Wizard Cromperty for pure essence

Run west to the Jade Vine: check it if it's fully grown; get some combat and prayer gear and kill it if it's become wild

Bank at Ardougne south bank

[/hide]

[hide= Bank 5: Ardougne South"]Inventory: Magic watering can, hatchet, spade, seed dibber, 3 fruit tree sapling + payment, Calquat sapling + 8 noted poison ivy berries, tree sapling + payment, 1 poison ivy seed, 15 gp

bank4ardougnesouth.png

Run east and take the boat to Karamja then run southwest to the Karamja fruit tree patch

Pick the fruit, cut down the tree, dig out the stump, plant a fruit sapling and pay the farmer

Note the fruit by using it on the Leprechaun

Run south and ask Dell Monti for pineapples

Run south to the pineapples plants (near Brimhaven dungeon entrance) and fill your inventory

Run south to the Calquat tree patch

Note the pineapples by using them on the Leprechaun

Pick the Calquat, cut down the tree, dig out the stump, plant a Calquat sapling and pay the farmer

Teleport to Ardougne Monastery using the Ardougne cloak 3 and run to the Ardougne bush patch

Pick the berries, dig out the plant and plant a bush seed. (Don't use supercompost!)

Run west to the Gnome Maze fruit tree patch

Follow Elkoy (at entrance of the maze) to the center of the maze

Teleport to the Gnome Stronghold using the Spirit Tree

Run east to the Gnome Stronghold fruit tree patch

Run south-west to the Gnome Stronghold tree patch

Take supercomposts out of the Leprechaun and bank them until there are about 50 left

Bank at Gnome Stronghold Bank

[/hide]

[hide= Bank 6: Gnome Stronghold "]Inventory: Magic watering can, hatchet, spade, seed dibber, 6 watermelon seeds, 1 herb seed, 1 belladonna seed, 1 evil turnip seed, 15 buckets

bank5gnomestronghold.png

Teleport to the Draynor allotment patch using the Explorer ring (3)

Empty the compost bin and deposit all but 4 (not 3) buckets of supercompost at the Leprechaun

Run north-east and use the Draynor Manor shortcut to get to the Belladonna patch

Pick the Cave Nightshade (you'll have to be wearing gloves!), use supercompost on the patch and plant a belladonna seed

Pick the evil turnip and plant a new seed (no supercompost)

Teleport to Edgeville using the Amulet of glory

Bank at Edgeville bank

[/hide]

[hide= Bank 7: Edgeville"]Inventory: Magic watering can, hatchet, spade, seed dibber, 6 watermelon seeds, 1 herb seed, 1 mushroom seed, 1 bush seed, 15 buckets

bank7edgeville.png

Put your equipment back on

Run east to the Edgeville Fairy Ring

Go to Fairy Ring: ALQ (possibly dangerous area with aggressive vampires (lvl 61) and leeches (lvl 52)!)

Run north to the Morytania allotment patch

Empty the compost bin and deposit all but 4 (not 3) buckets of supercompost at the Leprechaun

Run south to the Fairy Ring

Go to Fairy Ring: CKS

Pick the mushrooms, use supercompost on the patch and plant a mushroom seed

Go to Fairy Ring: CIP

Run east to the Etceteria bush patch

Bank at Etceteria bank

[/hide]

[hide= Bank 8: Etceteria"]Inventory: Magic watering can, hatchet, spade, seed dibber, 2 tree sapling + payment, 1 bush seed, 4 hop seeds, supercompost, Combat Bracelet, 500k cash, Varrock teleport runes or tab, (Lumbridge teleport runes or tab)

bank8etceteria.png

Teleport to the Champions Guild using the Combat Bracelet

Run west to the Varrock bush patch

Note the berries by using them on the Leprechaun

Run southeast to the Varrock hop patch

Teleport to Lumbridge using the Home/Lumbridge teleport

Run west to the Lumbridge tree patch

Teleport to Varrock

Run northeast to the Varrock tree patch

Buy battlestaffs from Zaff

Bank at Varrock West bank

[/hide]

[hide= Bank 9: Varrock West"]Inventory: Magic watering can, hatchet, spade, seed dibber, 1 herb seed, fruit tree sapling + payment, 4 hop seeds, 3 watermelon seeds, 3 supercomposts, teleport crystal, Trollheim teleport, Watchtower teleport, Ectophial, Game Necklace

bank9varrock.png

Teleport to Trollheim and run to the Trollheim herb patch

Teleport to Lletya using the teleport crystal

Run east to the Lletya fruit tree patch

Pick the fruit, cut down the tree, dig out the stump, plant a fruit tree sapling and pay the farmer

Note the fruit by using it on the Leprechaun

Teleport to Yanille (brings me next to the Hunter shop)

Ask Bert for sand

Run northeast to the Yanille hop patch

Teleport to Port Phasmatys, using the Ectophial

Run to Bill Teach's boat and go to Mos Le'Harmless

Teleport to Harmony Island and run to the Harmony allotment patch (possibly aggressive zombies (lvl 57))

Harvest the watermelons, use supercompost on it, plant watermelon seeds and water them

Teleport to Wilderness Volcano, using the Games Necklace

Bank at Wilderness Volcano bank

[/hide]

[hide= Bank 10: Wilderness Volcano"]Inventory: Magic watering can, hatchet, spade, seed dibber, 1 limpwurt seed, supercompost, Forinthry bracelet

bank10wildernessvolcano.png

Run west to Volcano entrance and go in

Run all the way west to the Wilderness limpwurt patch (lvl @@@ wildy)

Harvest the limpwurts, use supercompost on the patch and plant a limpwurt seed

Teleport to Edgeville

Bank at Edgeville Bank

Go kill Bork

Go kill the Phoenix

[/hide]

-- Short Version --

This is for those who are already familiar with the route and only want a list of patches and the inventory pictures.

(Distractions and Diversions are in red.)

[hide= Short Version"]Draynor

Bank (nothing equipped)

Secateurs in Leprechaun

Entrana hops

Rimmington teleport

Rimmington bush

Glory: Edgeville

Edgeville bank

Edgeville

Camelot teleport

Catherby allotment

Catherby fruit

Ahrein

Catherby bank

Catherby

Flax from Geoffrey

Seers hops

Falador teleport

Falador tree

House teleport

Taverley tree

Glory: Al Kharid

Al Kharid cactus

Al Kharid bank

Al Kharid

Ardougne cloak 3: Ardougne allotment

Ardougne allotment

Ess from Wizard Cromperty

Jade Vine

Ardougne south bank

Ardougne South

Boat to Karamja

Karamja fruit

Pineapples from Dell Monti

Pick pineapples

Calquat

Ardougne cloak 3: Ardougne Monastery

Ardougne bush

Gnome Maze fruit

Elkoy: center of maze

Spirit Tree: Gnome Stronghold

Gnome Stronghold fruit

Gnome Stronghold tree

Max. 50 buckets of supercompost in the Leprechaun

Gnome Stronghold bank

Gnome Stronghold

Explorer ring 3: Cabbage-port

Draynor allotment

Draynor belladonna

Draynor evil turnip

Edgeville bank

Edgeville

Fairy ring: ALQ

Morytania allotment

Fairy ring: CKS

Canifis mushroom

Fairy Ring: CIP

Etceteria bush

Etceteria bank

Etceteria

Combat brace: Champions guild

Varrock bush

Varrock hops

Home/Lumbridge teleport

Lumbridge tree

Varrock teleport

Varrock tree

Buy Battlestaffs from Zaff

Varrock West bank

Varrock West

Trollheim teleport

Trollheim herb

Lletya teleport

Lletya fruit

Watchtower teleport

Sand from Bert

Yanille hops

Ectophial: Port Phasmatys

Boat to Mos Le'Harmless

Teleport to Harmony

Harmony allotment

Games Necklace: Wilderness Volcano

Wilderness Volcano Bank

Wilderness Volcano

Wilderness limpwurt

Kill Bork

Kill Phoenix

[/hide]

-- Requirements --

I know these requirements may not be feasible for everyone, so I'll tell you what to do if you can't meet them.

[hide= Items"]Agile legs: (nothing changes)

[/hide]

[hide= Diaries"]Seer's headband 1/2/3: Don't talk to Geoffrey

Ardougne cloak 2/3: Teleport to Ranging Guild, using Combat Bracelet after Bank 3, skip Wizard Cromperty and Teleport to Ardougne after Calquat

Varrock armour 1/2/3: Skip Zaff

Karamja Gloves 1/2/3: Don't talk to Dell Monti, bring 30 gp instead of 15 gp and bring other gloves when you farm Belladonna

Boots of Lightness: (nothing changes)

Explorer's ring 3: Teleport to Draynor using an Amulet of glory instead

Magic watering can: Bring a regular watering can

[/hide]

[hide= Skills"]67 Magic: use jewelry, tele-other or Fairy rings to get around (depending on your level)

Agility 28: Go around Draynor Manor fence

[/hide]

[hide= Quests"]Fairy Tale Part I for Magic Secateurs: (nothing changes)

Fairy Tale Part II (started) for Fairy Rings: Find other ways to get where you need to go (too long to explain here)

Fairy Tale Part I for using Fairy Rings without Dramen/Lunar staff: just bring a Dramen staff

Love Story for use of chipped House tablets: run west to the Rimmington patch, from Port Sarim

Priest in Peril: skip Morytania allotment and Canifis mushroom

Mourners End Part I (started) for access to Lletya: skip Lletya fruit tree

The Great Brain Robbery for access to Harmony island: Teleport to Wilderness Volcano after Yanille hops

Tree Gnome Village for use of Spirit Trees: Teleport to Fishing Guild with Skilling Necklace and run to Gnome Stronghold

My Arm's Big Adventure for Trollheim herb patch: skip Trollheim

Spirit of Summer for Wilderness limpwurt patch: skip Wilderness

Back to My Roots for Jade Vine minigame: skip Jade Vine

What Lies Below for Bork minigame: skip Bork

In Pyre Need for Phoenix minigame: skip Phoenix

[/hide]

[hide= Other"]POH in Taverley: Just run from Falador to Taverley

Watchtower teleport next to Hunter shop: go under Yanille wall, do Yanille hops and then ask Bert for sand

Modern Magic: If you are using Lunar, you could use some of the teleports, but will have to use Spellbook Swap to get to Trollheim easily

[/hide]

-- Choice of plants --

Here, I'll explain what plants to use, and what impact they have on the route:

(If you need extra info on the levels and growth times, check the Tip.It Farming Skill Guide

or the appropriate RuneScape Knowledge Base article.)

1) Allotments:

Use the best allotment you can. If you don't use watermelons, you'll have to stock up empty buckets in the Leprechaun and bring 15 pineapples instead of

buckets. If you can't afford watermelons, try to go for strawberries instead. The choice of allotment defines which flower to use.

2) Flowers:

I never pick my flowers, so I planted White lilies everywhere, because they protect anything. If you use watermelons, use White lilies or nasturtiums!

If you don't want to protect your allotment, plant Marigold or Limpwurts and hope your allotment don't get diseased.

3) Herbs:

Always use snapdragon seeds. If you can't use that, use ranarr seeds. If you can't use that, just make the highest level you can.

This is were you'll get most of your money (back) from.

4) Hops:

Use the best you can. These seeds are so ridiculously cheap, that you should only use the best seeds you can and sell any other ones you might have. You only need 3 jute seeds for a hop patch, instead of the usual 4.

5) Bushes:

Use the best you can: they will change nothing to the route. Just like hops, these are really cheap and you should only use the bets you can.

Fun Fact: Poison ivy bushes never get diseased.

6) (Fruit) Trees:

Chose according to your budget. The lower level seeds are really cheap, so you should always bring one, even if it's only the lowest level tree. Prices range from around 20 gp to around 250k for a single seed. I use Maple trees and Papaya trees.

8) [hide= Specials]* Evil turnip (level 42):

Plant it if you can. If you can't, skip the trip to Draynor Manor (assuming you can't plant belladonna seeds either) and go straight to Draynor bank.

* Bittercap Mushroom (level 53):

Plant if you can. If you can't, skip the Canifis part and go straight to Etceteria.

* Cactus (level 55):

Plant it if you can. In case you can't, just skip the Al Kharid part and teleport to Edgeville or Castle Wars to bank.

* Belladonna (level 63):

Plant it if you can. If you can't, just go straight for the evil turnip. You won't have to bring gloves to Draynor, because they are only meant to protect

you from picking the Nightshade.

* Calquat tree (level 72):

Plant it if you have the level and can afford it (a seed costs about 40k). If you can't plant these, just teleport directly to the Ardougne Monastery after picking the Pineapples. If you planted one before, but you don't want to dig it up, simply pick the fruit and continue without replanting a new tree.

* Spirit tree (level 83):

I didn't include spirit trees in this guide for 2 reasons: the seeds are untradeable (and hard to obtain) and there are different locations to plant the tree so you should decide for yourself where you want it. Here are the possible locations: Brimhaven, Port Sarim or Etceteria.

If you have a Spirit Tree in Etceteria, you could go there from the Gnome maze and skip the CIP Fairy Ring. Bank in Zanaris instead.

[/hide]

-- Extra --

1) Spirit Tree:

spirittreewb2.gif

It's possible to plant your own Spirit tree when you reach level 83 Farming. This tree can teleport you to any other Spirit Tree (Gnome Stronghold, Gnome Maze, Khazard Battlefield, Grand Exchange or Toxic Wasteland) or can be reached from another Spirit Tree. Its seeds are untradeable and take 62 hours to grow. You can only plant one at a time. There are 3 patches: one at Etceteria, one at Port Sarim and one at Brimhaven.

The only way of making sure you'll get one, is to gather 55000 point in the Vinesweeper minigame, which probably takes a long time! You can also get it from bird nests or from Pest Control seed package (although it's very rare). If you plant one, pay the farmer 5 monkey nuts, 1 monkey bar and 1 ground suqah tooth to protect it.

2) slayericonjw3.gif Jade Vine:

This is a minigame which grants you a bit of Farming and Slayer exp every time you play it. To access the minigame, you have to complete the Back to My Roots quest first.

To begin the minigame, you have to plant the vine and wait a day, after that it will be fully grown and you'll get 1.5k Farming exp for checking it's health.

After another day, the plant become wild (unless you cut off its branches in time) and you can fight it. If you kill it, you'll get 2.5k Slayer exp. Don't use supercompost on the patch: you can get as many free replacement seeds as you want from the farmer standing next to it and there is no harvest to increase.

3) amuletfarmingve8.gif Amulet of nature/ Amulet of farming:

The Amulet of nature is a special amulet you can bind to 1 farming patch, so you can check its health even when you are far away. It will also alert you if the plant becomes diseased, if it died or if it's fully grown. This amulet can be traded, as long as it's not enchanted. Once it is, it becomes untradeable. It does not use charges or wear out. You can only have 1 amulet of nature at a time.

The Amulet of farming is a simplified version of the Amulet of nature. This amulet is sold at any farming shop and can only be bound to an allotment or a flower patch. This amulet has 8 charges; each time it tells you something about the state of your plant (healthy, sick, dead or fully grown), it loses a charge. You can have multiple amulets of farming, but they can only be bound to 1 patch.

4) dungeon_scroll_of_life.gif Scroll of Life:

This is a reward from Dungeoneering and costs 10k tokens. It grants you a permanent ability that gives you a chance of getting your seeds back when harvest or clearing dead patches (10% chance) or when removing trees (5% chance). To me, this is definitely worth it; just think of the free watermelon and snapdragon seeds!

-- Tips and tricks --

* ALWAYS wear your Magic secateurs while harvesting (make sure to re-equip it after using a staff to teleport)

* ALWAYS use supercompost: it increases harvest and prevent disease. Exception: Trees, fruit trees and bushes (they have fixed harvest, trees get looked after and bushes (almost) never get diseased

* Use your harvest on a Leprechaun to note it (except logs and tree roots)

* Keep a lot of normal composts in the Leprechaun; if you forget buckets, just take out 15 composts and empty them

* Don't waste your time gathering seeds with thieving; just buy all you need at the Grand Exchange. Most of them are really cheap

* Payments for farmers can be noted, so you save a lot of inventory space by bringing the noted items

* Check the charges of your Amulet of glory each time you use it. If you do run out, use either Cabbage-port or Ardougne Monastery teleport to get to a bank

* One trip takes about 70 minutes and gives about 80k exp (for me). [! This is based on a single run; might not be reliable!]

* Bank your harvest: even if you don't need it, you can still sell it on the Grand Exchange

* Don't worry about Revenants when doing the last part; if you get attacked, try to hop first, and if that doesn't work, equip Forinthry bracelet and glory, go to Equip tab and right-click Amulet of glory to teleport (as long as you're under lvl 30 wildy)

-- List of Tree payments --

The tree seeds are usually pretty expensive, therefore it's better to just pay the farmer to look after your tree for you, so it doesn't die. Here is the list of all the trees that can be protected and what you have to pay for it. When trying to acquire these items, go to the Grand Exchange first: there is a big chance you'll instantly get it. If that doesn't work, I also mention where you can gather them yourself.

Alternative to getting fruit: The Fruit Bat will gather fruit when on Karamja and it will create fruit (including papayas) with its scroll.

* Oak Tree: 1 basket of tomatoes [Culinaromancer's Chest]

* Willow Tree: 1 basket of apples [There is a barrel of apples on the ship to Moonclan island]

* Maple Tree: 1 basket of oranges [Funch's Fine Groceries]

* Yew Tree: 10 cactus spines [Personal harvest or Nature implings][/font]

* Magic Tree: 25 coconuts [Personal harvest][/font]

* Apple Tree: 9 raw sweetcorn [Personal harvest]

* Banana Tree: 4 baskets of apples [There is a barrel of apples on the ship to Moonclan island]

* Orange Tree: 3 baskets of strawberries [Personal harvest]

* Curry Tree: 5 buckets of bananas [banana plantation]

* Pineapple Tree: 10 watermelons [Personal harvest]

* Papaya Tree: 10 pineapples [Ahrein, personal harvest, Charter merchant or Funch's Fine Groceries]

* Palm Tree: 15 papayas [Personal harvest][/font]

* Calquat Tree: 8 poison ivy berries[/font]

* Spirit Tree: 5 monkey nuts [Solihib's Food Shop], 1 monkey bar [Solihib's Food Shop] and 1 ground suqah tooth [Dropped by Suqahs on Lunar Isle]

summoningiconqy2.gif -- Summoning --

While not strictly necessary, Summoning familiars can sometimes be useful for extra inventory space, run energy or Farming boosts. Here's a list of all the Familiars that provide these:

* Dreadfowl (4): Gives 1 Farming boost

* Thorny Snail (13): Carries 3 items

* Spirit Kalphite (25): Carries 6 items

* Compost Mound (28): 1+2% Farming boots, forages seeds and compost, scroll: fill compost bin with small chance of supercompost

* Bull Ant (40): Carries 9 items, scroll: partly restore run energy (anyone know how much?)

* Spirit Terrorbird (52): Carries 12 items, scroll: restore 50% of your Agility level in run energy

* Stranger plant (64): 1+4% Farming boots, forages strange fruit (= free run energy) [Highest Farming bonus in the game]

* War tortoise (67): Carries 18 items

* Giant Ent (76): Increased harvest on bushes, fruit trees, belladonna and cacti

* Pack Yak (96): Carries 30 items, scroll: send 1 item to bank

-- Daily Distractions and Diversions --

The good thing about doing 1 Farming run a day, is that you can do all the daily minigames too.

* Buying discount seaweed and pineapples from Ahrein

* Receiving flax from Geoffrey

* Receiving Pure Essence from Wizard Cromperty

* Killing/replanting the Jade Vine

* Receiving pineapples from Dell Monti

* Picking pineapples near the Brimhaven dungeon entrance

* Receiving sand from Bert

* Killing Bork

* Phoenix Lair: use Fairy Ring AKQ; don't forget tinderbox, knife and secateurs

-- Final words --

Thanks for reading my guide.

If you have any comments, please make sure it's constructive criticism only. Any suggestions to make the route better are welcome, but please make your improvements on the short version of the route. I'm expecting typos, so if you see any, please tell me. If you have any questions, post them here and I'll make a FAQ-section. If you want to copy (a part of) this guide, be my guest, but mention me as the author.

-- Special Thanks --

* Jagex: For making such an awesome game and transparent pictures

* Tip.It: For making an outstanding Farming Guide

* Asianboy7o7: For telling me about the spirit tree payment, marigolds and the discount pineapples from Ahrein

* DenUsynlige: For pointing out a faulty inventory

* Inuashakent: For letting me know Bull Ants restore run energy

* edlittle : For correcting my spelling of "Edgeville"

* piesofdoom : For correcting a mistake regarding withdrawing supercompost at Entrana

* insertmynamehere: For correcting my spelling of "stump

* 66evilone67: For telling me that Giant Ents increase the harvest from a bush

* Dudecrush8: For finding a double mentioned "axe" in one of the inventory lists

* abc1230: For finding a typo and suggesting some improvements

[hide]Ignore this; it's just so i don't have to look through code for the links to the pictures

Spade -- http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/171/spade.gif

Seed Dibber -- http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8840/seeddibber.gif

Equip -- http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3596/equipmentp.png

Draynor -- http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1244/bank1draynor.png

Edgeville -- http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/96/bank1anywhere.png

Catherby -- http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8434/bank2catherby.png

Al Kharid -- http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6050/bank3alkharid.png

Ardougne South -- http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2141/bank4ardougnesouth.png

Gnome Stronghold -- http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7696/bank5gnomestronghold.png

Edgeville -- http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3839/bank7edgeville.png

Etceteria -- http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2493/bank8etceteria.png

Varrock West -- http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9021/bank9varrock.png

Wilderness Volcano -- http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5845/bank10wildernessvolcano.png

[/hide]

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY nice. In depth, easy to read, good insight: 9/10

Awesome guide. Too bad I can't be bothered to plant anything except herbs/trees/cactus, but it's great for anyone who want to do this.

The inventory pictures really help, and you explained the routes very clearly.

9/10, 10/10 if you add the average experience per day/run. :thumbup:

2dvjurb.png

... if not planting watermelons you wont need nasturiams so plant marigolds not limps for profit

payment for spirit tree is 5 monkey nuts, 1 monkey bar,1 ground suqah tooth

I didn't know marigolds were 3.5k and thanks for the spirit tree payment. I'll update.

... 9/10, 10/10 if you add the average experience per day/run. :thumbup:

It depends on what trees you bring (and you have to decide that for yourself) and on the harvest you get (which is different every time), so it would just take too much time to find out.

Very nice, but I don't plant watermelons anymore because it takes too much time IMO. instead I just plants limps and am on my way ( i still plant herbs lol) I also find it easier to do trees/fruit tree seperate from herbs/bushes/specials (mushroom spore and belladonna seed)

Very nice, but I don't plant watermelons anymore because it takes too much time IMO. instead I just plants limps and am on my way ( i still plant herbs lol) I also find it easier to do trees/fruit tree seperate from herbs/bushes/specials (mushroom spore and belladonna seed)

That's your own choice, but as i said: "you can make your own subroutes avoiding trees, but i won't help you with that". By the way, did you know you make more money planting marigolds (they give less exp though). Also, why not plant an evil turnip while at Draynnor Manor?

Wow...

This is the first guide in a while I have seen that explains the best inventry set-up/ route travelling whilst doing all the farming patches. Its also one of the first guides i've read all of in a while, *twice* just to absorb all of the information :D

I've book marked for when I do farming from now on \:D/

10/10 easily

A7x_fan_4eva.png

14 Skills at 99 All Skills 85+ 2370+ Total

3058 Glacor Kills 326 Shards of Armadyl 1 Ragefire 1 Glaiven 2 Steadfast 33 Effigys

17 Abyssal Whips 5 Staff of Light 5 Dark Bows 40 Dragon Boots 16 Polypore Sticks

62 Barrow Items 6 Pharah Sceptres 117 Effigys

Do you know how often Hops die with just Supercompost? I've always avoided Hops because I can't water them and won't bother to pay for them, but have you experienced a low death-rate while doing this circuit?

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

Wow...

This is the first guide in a while I have seen that explains the best inventry set-up/ route travelling whilst doing all the farming patches. Its also one of the first guides i've read all of in a while, *twice* just to absorb all of the information :D

I've book marked for when I do farming from now on \:D/

10/10 easily

Thanks, I hope to make it even better when people start posting possible improvements.

Do you know how often Hops die with just Supercompost? I've always avoided Hops because I can't water them and won't bother to pay for them, but have you experienced a low death-rate while doing this circuit?

I haven't noticed any unusual death-rate when it comes to hops (last run, 1 of the 3 hop patches was dead; i didn't plant my Entrana hop before). Maybe you're just unlucky?

Not sure if someone has said this, but it's good to use Explorer's ring (3) to get to falador patch quickly.

I thought about this before, but you also have to bank and becasue of that, I advise using Draynor teleport instead. Maybe Draynor bank -> ring tele -> Draynor allotment -> Draynor manor -> Draynor tele + bank. I'll think about it.

Nice guide, but doing everything just really isn't worth the time to me. Trees, fruit trees, and herbs are all I do.

I don't believe the Harmony patch is worth it, but you can take a charter ship to Mos Le Harmless then you can go to Harmony.

About hops - it takes 75 minutes to grow, and, at an average of 8 hops a patch, (my average, with deaths into account) you get only 1k XP. Now, the hops are pretty much useless, I think we can all agree, and besides they are dirt cheap at the GE anyway, at 46gp, and that should only fall. The only use I can think of is brewing, but here is why brewing is kinda useless:

• stuff[/color] (which takes about an hour to get) you probably will get 8 mature ones, which sell for 1kea (not like there is a market for them)

...Otherwise you can sell them for 300ea, for 2.4k.

Yeah, I have better ways of spending my time, making money, getting cooking XP.

The other possibility is to just sell the hops, at 46gpea.

Your costs:

[list=]2.7k for supercompost

360gp for the seeds

Whatever runes you use to get there

...And most importantly, your time.

That is, at 8 a patch, about 1.5k.

If lucky, you can get 1k farming XP from that.

I'd be spending 2.5k for 1k farming XP. If that took me 10 minutes extra, in which i could have earned about 60-80k, I might as well plant a yew tree instead, getting 7k XP, and (kinda) having spent nothing.

It makes no sense for anyone beyond level 45 to plant those.

Can you PLEASE remove them from you guide, now?

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

[hide=Long rant about hops]About hops - it takes 75 minutes to grow, and, at an average of 8 hops a patch, (my average, with deaths into account) you get only 1k XP. Now, the hops are pretty much useless, I think we can all agree, and besides they are dirt cheap at the GE anyway, at 46gp, and that should only fall. The only use I can think of is brewing, but here is why brewing is kinda useless:

• stuff[/color] (which takes about an hour to get) you probably will get 8 mature ones, which sell for 1kea (not like there is a market for them)

...Otherwise you can sell them for 300ea, for 2.4k.

Yeah, I have better ways of spending my time, making money, getting cooking XP.

The other possibility is to just sell the hops, at 46gpea.

Your costs:

•  

That is, at 8 a patch, about 1.5k.

If lucky, you can get 1k farming XP from that.

I'd be spending 2.5k for 1k farming XP. If that took me 10 minutes extra, in which i could have earned about 60-80k, I might as well plant a yew tree instead, getting 7k XP, and (kinda) having spent nothing.

It makes no sense for anyone beyond level 45 to plant those.
    • [/hide]

Can you PLEASE remove them from you guide, now?

If you have problems with hops, you're on the wrong forums (try RSOF-> Rants).

I'm just trying to make a guide to ALL patches... I never told you you HAD to go to the hop patches, just copy the short version and work out a way around them (there are only 4).

Nice guide, but doing everything just really isn't worth the time to me. Trees, fruit trees, and herbs are all I do.

I don't believe the Harmony patch is worth it, but you can take a charter ship to Mos Le Harmless then you can go to Harmony.

Using the Ectophial method won't be much longer then the Charter ships, for which you also have to pay. If you ask me, it won't make a difference (if you think it does, use the Amulet of Glory: Karamja teleport if you want to get to a charter ship fast).

Very good guide and very easy to read.

I might try this for a few days and see how it works. ::'

Thanks. Be sure to tell me if you find any mistakes.

I've added the Calquat payment and changed the guide accordingly. Remember that the amount of buckets you withdraw in Draynor and the amount of supercomposts withdrawn in Gnome stronghold were altered, because the Calquat no longer requires supercompost.

I found it strange to do the Lumbridge/Varrock part in between the last 2 Allotment parts, so I switched it. It used to be Lumbridge-Draynor-Morytania, but now it's Draynor-Morytania-Lumbridge.

Tried the route today, it works very well.

Why do we have to remove 38 super compost at Grand tree?

In the lletya part, there should be 4 law runes in the picture, not 2. (Since both spells used in that part require 2 law runes.)

Tried the route today, it works very well.

Why do we have to remove 38 super compost at Grand tree?

In the lletya part, there should be 4 law runes in the picture, not 2. (Since both spells used in that part require 2 law runes.)

You have to remove compost, becasue every run, you make 38 compost more then you use. If you don't remove them, eventually, you'll end up with a full stock of supercompost...

You are right about the 4 laws though, guess I messed up when I made the picture.

Wow one of the best farming guides i've read, can't wait to try this out.

9.5/10

Don't really understand this part though,

ALWAYS wear your Magic secateurs while harvesting and ALWAYS use supercompost on everything except trees, fruit trees and bushes (for better harvest and disease immunity). Calquat is the only kind of tree you should use it for.

Shouldn't it be 'ALWAYS use compost on everything' because supercompost is needed more on fruit trees, bushes and trees. Or because your paying the farmer? :?