Henry's guide to 15+chest a trip.(Barrows)

henrysslee

1.0 Introduction.

2.0 Requirements.

3.0 Set-up.

3.1 Inventory

4.0 The method.

4.1 Side stepping.

4.2 Order to kill brother

4.3 Safe spotting.

This is my first guide and like my first contribution to tip.it hope you guys enjoy if you have any probelms or changes you think i should make please pm me in game on reply on the forums.

Introduction

Barrows is a minigame which gives rewarding awards including runes ,drag med , key loops and various other barrow armour drops which ranges from 45k to 5.3mil at the time of writing .

This guide is only recomnend for higher level runescape player and people who are experinced with barrows . My method of barrows will allow you to do more than 15 chest per 1 trip at barrows ,it minimises food and time needed to restock .

2. Requirements

Attack : 80+

Strength 80+

Defence 80+

Magic 80+ (Defence against ahrim)

Range 80 +

Prayer 60 +

Slayer 55 + (Allows the use of borad-bolts and slayer darts )

3.Set-up

[hide=]setupy.jpg[/hide]

Helm,body and legs : Guthans (Cant be reaplaced by anything else)

Amulet : Fury amulet , Glory amulet ,stole

Gloves :RFD gloves ( barrows) > (dragon , regen braclet ,combat bracelet

Boots: Dragon boots , Rune boots

Ring : Ring of life(side stepping can be dangerous with a ring of life it could safe you from losing guthan helm and spear)

Weapon (Against melee brothers ) Unholy book and slayer staff

Weapon (Against Karil ) Rune defender + dds + whip

Weapon (Against Ahrim) Rune cross bow + Broadbolts

Note :For Weapons there are better options but the i Chose are the ones that is most cost effective

3.1 Inventory

[hide=]inventory.jpg w181.png[/hide]

Karil top

Karil bottom

Rune cross bow

Dds

Whip

Rune defender

Spade

500 Death runes

1500 Mind runes

2 sharks

Home teletablets

8x Super restores

8x Prayer potion

Note: This will leave you 4 extra space for loots from each chest . I did not have any karil bottom or tele tab at the time

4.0 The method .

This will be the most important part of the guide .With good practice and experince of barrows it becomes very easy to do many chest in 1 trip.

4.1 Side stepping.

Dhorak .

[hide=]dhorak.th.jpg[/hide]

Guthans.

[hide=]guthans.th.jpg[/hide]

Torag

[hide=]torag.th.jpg[/hide]

Verac

[hide=]verac.jpg w640.png[/hide]

Red square is where you stand after you had just spawn the brother ,make sure run is on and click on the blue sqaure ,this will trap you and the brother .Right click on the brother and click attack as soon as that is done click back on the blue square . The melee brother will not be able to hit you ,and keep on repeating this till the brother is dead .

You may need to practise this to insure it works well .

A good interent connection and a mouse will help alot ,note that if you miss click and the brother hits you espically dhorak you are in big trouble either run back to the red square and run to the blue square or go back up the stairs and repeat the procedure .

4.3 With side stepping you will not recieve any damage from any of the melee brothers .

So the recommend orther to kill the brother is

Ahrim (protect mage +eagle eye put on karil unholy book and rune cross bow) then to Kairil (Protect range +chivarly or piety ,dds spec and whip ) than to any of the melee brothers one by one .

After you had killed 5 brothers in the tunnel heal with your spear and guthans off bloodleach and kill the last brother ,if you get damaged heal off leaches till you are full health.

Note that if ahrim or karil is in the tunnel do the same as you would normaly ,protect + boost and kill . If the melee brother is in the tunnel use safe spots to fight them withought taking any damage.

If you had just fought ahrim in tunnel use super restore and fight karil or ahrim again by tracing your way back to the stairs. No prayer is needed for any melee brothers .

4.4 I have not manage to produce any safe-spotting areas in the tunnel you could refer back to other barrow guides to find them

Learn how to do 15+ barrow chest per run :My guide http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=800457

Barrow drops : Dhorak helm x1

,guthan body x1

verac helm x2

verac brassad ,

karil coif ,

guthan helmx2 ,

torag body

Guthan skirt

henryleehen.png[stats].png

It's an okay guide, but try bones to peaches, they don't heal much but allows you to stay longer at the cost of 1 inv space, and I get a few kc each run anyways. And if you are side stepping anyways it doesn't matter.

Also, I'd replace the sharks with saradomin brews, since you have super restores in the picture anyways.

You have too much equipment in inventory, hard to bring enough for lots of runs, go with black salamander and spear in inventory. Needs no shield and the salamander is good against all except karil.

You could mage karil, or guthan spear him (restores some health), but if you really hate the idea you could bring whip and defender, but I don't recommend it.

You need a bit higher mage bonus when using a spell, I like to stay in the positives if possible, an arcane spirit shield would help a lot. God cape or fire cape is better than obsidan.

Apparently black salamander isn't affected as much by mage bonus, but I don't really know (barrowed a lot way back before hunter and stuff.)

I prefer seers ring, as I've never died at barrows (though one time with veracs in tunnel gobbling down peaches it was pretty close! - I got a second spawn when I went through door to heal!)

Bring a house teletab and bones to peaches teletabs instead of runes if you opt for black salamander.

Anyways! Good luck camping at barrows, it's lots of fun when you don't forget where your ladder is.

Edit: There are better ways to sidestep, if you remember which corners block. You can also sidestep karil and ahrim across the tombs (but not on corners).

siggya.png

Well, I tried this method for once, was bored and well :P barrows isn't that boring. I took your entire set-up and managed to succesfully do 4 trips with.. about 4 pray pots or so. Twice dharok in tunnel at chest, because I was to lazy to force him somewhere.

The guide is right on, but upgrades are possibe.

First off, try to link the side-step pictures so people do not have to click-to-enlarge them. Makes it easier to read the guide.

Lay-out is very important. Use proper headers for instance, it looks like a wall of text, which makes it a hard-read.

Upgrade the gear-section a bit more clearly. Explain which parts are essential and which parts can be upgraded/downgraded in order from best to worse. Ofcourse you can't downgrade nessecary items.

Also I advice for dharok as first target, since you will be at full health in his case. This will make it more likely for you to survive any accidental hit. Verac second perhaps, since he has the largest chance to hit.

Ahrim -> Karil -> Dharok -> Verac -> Torag -> Guthan, I'd say.

Also you are reffering to 'other guides'. It is best to point towards which guides and credit these guides for that. For example, a basic barrow guide is on the tip.it website/ in the archieve of wisdom.

Good luck, I liked the method.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Personally I wouldn't use this guide.

15+ runs is nice, but your wasting p pots and super restores.

Rune defender, cbow, bolts, whip and DDS can all be replaced with a gs.

You should be able to get away with 2 prayer doses and 1 combat dose per trip, so working on that your recommended inventory should be able to get 28 without breaking a sweat or side steping.

Earth wave (or higher)>Slayer dart

Spirit shield>unholy book for the melee brothers (there is no reason to safespot/sidestep on torag or guthan)

Cape, take a mage arena cape 10+ magic attack and defense=faster kills and less damage. Fire cape is better though if you have it.

Verac should always be killed in the tunnel to reduce the risk and save food(safe spots ftw)

No prayer is needed for any melee brothers.

Yes because you want to die from dharok.

I honestly find it lacking as there are much better ways of barrowing.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 4 weeks later...
Personally I wouldn't use this guide.

15+ runs is nice, but your wasting p pots and super restores.

Rune defender, cbow, bolts, whip and DDS can all be replaced with a gs.

You should be able to get away with 2 prayer doses and 1 combat dose per trip, so working on that your recommended inventory should be able to get 28 without breaking a sweat or side steping.

Earth wave (or higher)>Slayer dart

Spirit shield>unholy book for the melee brothers (there is no reason to safespot/sidestep on torag or guthan)

Cape, take a mage arena cape 10+ magic attack and defense=faster kills and less damage. Fire cape is better though if you have it.

Verac should always be killed in the tunnel to reduce the risk and save food(safe spots ftw)

No prayer is needed for any melee brothers.

Yes because you want to die from dharok.

I honestly find it lacking as there are much better ways of barrowing.

I tank dharok when i'm bored. Its fun when he hits a 64 =P

This method is not as efficient for me. I can do a chest, house tele, recharge prayer, get back to barrows in almsot the same time as going from chest back through tunnels and up to the surface to dharok. Mukti chesting is not the best in my opinion. This guide is/will be good for beginners.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

It's an okay guide, but try bones to peaches, they don't heal much but allows you to stay longer at the cost of 1 inv space, and I get a few kc each run anyways. And if you are side stepping anyways it doesn't matter.

Also, I'd replace the sharks with saradomin brews, since you have super restores in the picture anyways.

You have too much equipment in inventory, hard to bring enough for lots of runs, go with black salamander and spear in inventory. Needs no shield and the salamander is good against all except karil.

You could mage karil, or guthan spear him (restores some health), but if you really hate the idea you could bring whip and defender, but I don't recommend it.

You need a bit higher mage bonus when using a spell, I like to stay in the positives if possible, an arcane spirit shield would help a lot. God cape or fire cape is better than obsidan.

Apparently black salamander isn't affected as much by mage bonus, but I don't really know (barrowed a lot way back before hunter and stuff.)

I prefer seers ring, as I've never died at barrows (though one time with veracs in tunnel gobbling down peaches it was pretty close! - I got a second spawn when I went through door to heal!)

Bring a house teletab and bones to peaches teletabs instead of runes if you opt for black salamander.

Anyways! Good luck camping at barrows, it's lots of fun when you don't forget where your ladder is.

Edit: There are better ways to sidestep, if you remember which corners block. You can also sidestep karil and ahrim across the tombs (but not on corners).

-1 mage (what my current favorite setup gives) is more than enough to kill the 4 melee brothers

They have horrid magic defense, so mcuh so that keeping it above -15 is fine, although -15 is pushing it a little.

Honestly if you safespot the melee brothers (which I can do easily enough with my touchpad) I can mage them without armor so i get +magic attack.

Explorer's ring is fine, +1 prayer and magic, and its FREE.

still, we use what we like, bu use Saradomin brews if you bring super restores

And just bring normal restores with the holy wrench and prayer pots. MUCH MUCH cheaper

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png