Mining Runinte ore in F2P. Help and suggestions.

Kaida23

Hello all. If you're a reader of my blog you know that I reached level 85 Mining last night. If you're not, shame on you :shame:. There's a link in my signature, please have a look.

I am now looking for help and suggestions with mining Runite ore. I'm not planning on making it a career, but I would like to give it a try a couple of times and don't want to get splattered all over the wilderness by a Revenant. I'm looking for tips on equipment and what kind of items I should bring with me. I've checked out several guides on the 'net but they all seem to have been written when the wildy was still wild. I'm pretty sure Revenants require different strategies than PK'ers.

[hide=Here are my current combat stats (yes my mining has changed since, but all the others are exactly the same)]level82.jpg[/hide]Any recommendations you have would be welcome and greatly appreciated.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

You can best wear full green d'hide, because revenants attack with all 3 sides of the combat triangle, and green d'hide gives defence bonus against mage, range and melee.

If you see a revenant run in the opposite direction it came from, and when you are out of its reach log out and hop worlds.

For food you can best take around around 10 tunas, and drop them when you need the inventory space for runite ores. If you want to be safer, just load 28 swordfishes, the 7k money they cost is nothing compared to the 500k you'll get per load of runite ores.

Good luck!

Leonxb.png

Disclaimer:

I do not have 85 Mining, and have never attempted to mine Runite. However, I've had many friends that do, and this is how they typically go about the activity.

You'll want to wear dragonhide, if you can. If not, simply aim for the highest Magic defense stats you can obtain, as the spells are typically brutal. Pray against Range while running and hiding. In my Wilderness experiences, Revs will wait for you to return to a spot, so don't try to stick around for that final ore if you've been attacked on that world.

Also, most people will go to the least crowded worlds to find Runite, since it would make sense that there are fewer people on that world to mine it. That's wrong. You want worlds with a middling population, and preferably at night.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Congrats on level 85 mining :thumbsup:

I usually where green d'hide. I carry 10 lobbies with me. I turn off the auto retaliate. Carry your rune pick, instead of a weapon. I have my prayer to auto protect against range. I use the bounty hunter bank to drop off ores.

Kensei99.png

I have 87 mining. I mined runite ores from 85 - 87.

1. wield d hide body, d hide legs and rune pickaxe.

2. bring 10 - 13 lobsters.

3. when a revenant attacks you while you're mining, quickly run behind a tree to trap the revenant behind that tree.( There should be a tree 5 or 6 steps west next to the two runite rocks).You may figure out another escape route yourself.( the escape route above requires least walking back to the two rocks)

4. when you have successfully trap the revenant behind that tree. Quickly log out ( revenant wont leave till you log out). wait for 5-8 secs log back in. By then, revenant should not be around anymore.

5. Quicky click on the runite rocks and start mining because you may not want others to snatch the ores you found.

6. from my experience, you may need 50 - 60 minutes to collect 28 runite ores.

7. log in each world in an ascending or descending order. For example, after mining in world 51, go world 52 or world 50. There is a higher probability you'll find a rock with ores. I dont know why but many miners seems to be mining in this order.

8. Please heal above 30-35 hp. trust me lol

9. While you're mining, you may see low lvls doing nothing but logging in and logging out straight away. These low lvls are scouts ( to check the presence of runite ores). we need to wait for 30secs in order to log in when we wanna switch worlds. By logging in another account on another world, we dont need to wait for 30secs. use these scouts to check the presence of ores. log in your 85 miner if your scout do discover the presence of ores as you may not want your 85 miner to waste 30secs to log into a world with empty rocks. PLEASE make sure you log out your 85 before you log in your scouts( log in ONLY 1 account at a time as you may not want to break the multiple log in rule). Skip this step if you dont understand how it works as I am lazy to explain further.

10. If you're dead, you'll not be able to get back to your gravestones in time eventhough you owned an explorer ring. (unless you died somewhere near the bounty hunter bank or if someone prays your gravestones)

LOL

Wow. Thanks for all the great advice everyone. :thumbsup: I can't wait to give this a try.

I'm going to try and get some tonight. I should be posting the result in my blog either tonight or tomorrow.

Needmore, I understand how the scout works, I've found references to it before. Remembering that I'm not planning to make a career out of this, do you think I should set one up? Or is it more trouble than it's worth for the casual Runite miner?

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Heres a pretty good guide I was reading the other day:

http://www.zybez.net/community/index.ph ... ic=1169983

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

you could buy members =P theres more ores there, with less risk
Perhaps one day, when I'm able to pay for my membership with the profits from the Runite ore. :lol:

once it is there, it is always there :)
That's true. That's why I decided to make one.

Heres a pretty good guide I was reading the other day:

http://www.zybez.net/community/index.ph ... ic=1169983

Thank you for this. I checked it out and got some good info on travel and escape routes. Very helpful for someone who's spent as little time in the wilderness as I have.

Just a quick update everyone. Thanks to all of your help, I successfully completed my first Runite mining trip last night!

Please check out my blog entry for all the details.

:thumbsup:

I have yet another query for you all:

Is there any way to keep the Revenants from attacking my scout?

[hide=Here's where I was having her stand]runiteore.jpg[/hide]

There's nowhere for her to run, and the Revenants do more than enough damage to take her out in one shot. Should I have her stand behind the tree instead of in front of it?

Yes inback/to the side of that tree is the only cover you will have.

The spot that I prefer is to the west of the rocks there is a tree.

Or if you stand on the peninsula of the rocks until reds become unagressive you can use the tree to the west of the rocks, a low level should only worry about the goblin, and the rare pyrefiend.