Mass Effect Thread

sithlord_man

mass-effect-2-logo.jpg

Mass Effect 2 Site:

Mass Effect 2 Main Site

If you've played Mass Effect then this is the Discussion thread for you.

If you haven't played Mass Effect, its an RPG game that has things to do anywhere you go. Exploration or uncharted worlds, Sub-plots that need you to find are retrieve something or kill something, look for certain things. The Background information of Mass Effect is you are the Commander of the Normand, a ship owned by the humans who allied together making the System Alliance. The Game year is now 2183, around 35 years ago humanity discovers interstellar travel allowing ships to jump light years in just seconds. This is were the game gets its name.

Discuss anything about Mass Effect Here...

Mass Effect 3: Due to blow your minds In the Holiday Season of 2011

MAY CONTAIN SPOLIERS

IGN's E3 preview of Mass Effect 3

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172200p1.html

Game Informer's Mass Effect 3 Issue:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/04/07/may2011_2d00_cover_2d00_reveled_2d00_me3_2d00_789055.aspx

Discuss

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havn't played Mass Effect yet, but it's sitting in my room waiting. It is next on my list to play.

It gets addicting...

Mass Effect 2 looks like its going to have a mini-nuke...Just seeing one who the weapons on the picture tells me that...

I love what Wikipedia said about character animations for ME2.

In Mass Effect, your character had 20...in Mass Effect 2, your going to have over 200...

If i had my Xbox, I'd probably be playing Bring Down the Sky....

Some things I'd like to see:

- A revamp of the paragon/renegade system. I don't think it's fair for a game to consider me 'evil' for convincing a crime boss to shut down her intergalactic drug smuggling ring, even if I did have to yell at her to do that.

- Better inventory management.

- More diverse maps. I think that for space ships/research labs/etc., there were maybe five different templates that were used all over the game.

To add to what Necro said, I'd like to see an improvement to the driving controls. My only real problem with them, after getting to to them, was the fact that depending on your orientation, they were a bit iffy when it came to forward/reverse. I wouldn't mind getting less add-ons for weapons and such. I liked the concept, but the add-ons were practically stuffed down your throat.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

To add to what Necro said, I'd like to see an improvement to the driving controls. My only real problem with them, after getting to to them, was the fact that depending on your orientation, they were a bit iffy when it came to forward/reverse. I wouldn't mind getting less add-ons for weapons and such. I liked the concept, but the add-ons were practically stuffed down your throat.

Probably the part I hate the most is what you said...You don't turn around if backwards...

Mass Effect 2 would have come out on 12/31/09 but it was delayed to 3/03/10 I think...

I'll post a link...

Here it is...

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_2

i cant wait for this to come out :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

edit: i didnt really find the driving THAT problematic. if anything i found it fun that it was a bit tough at first to control. i cant care less if that gets revamped or not. as long as they keep the storyline exciting and improve the actual gameplay. asking a space mobile to drive like a racecar is pretty [bleep]ing stupid :lol:

I got Mass Effect two days ago, and I've played it sooo much... I'm at Virmire atm, but I don't feel like fighting more Geth yet, so I'm just exploring random systems. I recently unlocked the Sol system (our solar system) and I'm just going around on that for a while. I hated not knowing what the entire game was about, so I read the entire storyline, and its [bleep]ing epic. I can not wait until ME2, it looks amazing.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Unfortunately there isn't much to do in the Sol system, you can't even visit earth.

Unfortunately there isn't much to do in the Sol system, you can't even visit earth.

Hopefully in Mass Effect 2 you can...

Just finished the game, I got it three days ago lol. Either later tonight or tomorrow I'm going to start another career, probably on Hardcore difficulty.I think I messed up earlier, because I didn't follow the "Romance" thing, which I'll try to do the second time around.

Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

Just finished the game, I got it three days ago lol. Either later tonight or tomorrow I'm going to start another career, probably on Hardcore difficulty.I think I messed up earlier, because I didn't follow the "Romance" thing, which I'll try to do the second time around.

When you create a new career, just start with your old one...You keep all the weapons and the specter training :D

Just look for something where is says continue a career or something like that...

When you create a new career, just start with your old one...You keep all the weapons and the specter training :D

Just look for something where is says continue a career or something like that...

Yeah, theres a choice at the bottom that says choose existing career or something

s2k10n.png

Think the only problem with that is that you have to do the same class though

When you have the credits for the C-Sec Weapons, your unstoppable...So it really doesn't matter.

The Best one for me is having a Infiltrator with Assault rifles...Just...love it...

After thinking the first was pretty medicore around the time of the time I had gave special things to all to make weapons silly powerful. I pretty much played for achivs .. And the thing that made it bearable. New game +.

ME2.. Will not have it.

http://kotaku.com/5303247/there-will-be ... s-effect-2

I just beat the original the other day. Here's what I would want out of ME2.

-Better handling for the rover (mako?). I would prefer it handled like cars do in other games, where if you tell it to go straight, it will go straight in relation to the front of the car, rather than your view. That made getting out of dead ends and the like rather annoying.

-More areas like the citadel. Not like giant space stations, I mean areas where there was commerce, and lots of different areas. Like maybe a home planet for one of the alien species, or have earth actually be a place you can go to.

-Different weapon system. I personally got sick of all my guns being named the same, (pretty much), and looking the same.

-Better inventory control. When I was turning upgrades to omni-gel, or maybe it was weapons, I forget, it would always bring me to the top of the list after. What I liked to do was to just delete all the lower level things, so this made it take forever to delete any number, since scrolling was so slow.

-Less elevators. I understand they were bastardized loading screens, but there were far too many. You shouldn't have to load every time you change what room you're in.

-More than four weapon types. Self explanatory.

-Less glitches. I got so many glitches on the noveria part, for example when I was fighting the matriarch, if she summoned more people when I was knocked down by a biotics attack, the game would freeze. Also, occasionally I ran into times when I went to talk to someone, and it went into the talking screen, but they had no options on what to say, and it made it so I couldn't do anything, and I had to restart the game.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

^

Could be worse. I found a spot in the area with the Thorian where you were killed instantly with no explanation, and possibly a few other random instant death areas.

I totally remember that :lol:

I'd say the glitches were worse in mine. Not only did you stop moving, and have no way to do anything, you couldn't access the start menu, meaning you would have to go the xbox dashboard and restart the game, then reload your save. Like dying, only takes longer.

Also, I hated with thresher maws how if you were within like 100 feet of them they could headbutt the air and you'd die.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I'd say the glitches were worse in mine. Not only did you stop moving, and have no way to do anything, you couldn't access the start menu, meaning you would have to go the xbox dashboard and restart the game, then reload your save. Like dying, only takes longer.

Also, I hated with thresher maws how if you were within like 100 feet of them they could headbutt the air and you'd die.

Yea, Hopefully they don't make a reappearance...

I found one Glitch were you get stuck on a un-walkable place in Noveria and I had to restart from the save...

I've had more than a couple of glitches where I had to reload my last chechpoint. Also, Threshers piss me off because I would randomly die, when I didn't even get hit as far as I could see. The worst is getting killed by them when the pop up, or even worse, when that happens the first time they pop up, and your last checkpoint was a couple hours, and many planets ago.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I've had more than a couple of glitches where I had to reload my last chechpoint. Also, Threshers piss me off because I would randomly die, when I didn't even get hit as far as I could see. The worst is getting killed by them when the pop up, or even worse, when that happens the first time they pop up, and your last checkpoint was a couple hours, and many planets ago.

You don't know how much I hated that...

There Auto save feature completely SUCKED! It didn't save like every planet you went to which was bull...I swear they could have made it so you saved in the elevator or landing on a planet...

Threshers were overpowered too...