Bandos Armor IRL

magepalko

NEW PICS! new pics of my armor have surfaced! including a showing of my mage skills with a nacho...

Ignore the tan and tell me how good you think my costume from connecticon was... if you want to make any part of it (the godsword or the slayer cape) i can post material sheets and sizing info here

it was a great costume to wear, met tons of rs fans... lots of rs fangirls took some innapropriate pics with the godsword... the only downside is that the armor degraded faster than pvp gear on a noob and the pauldron alone weighed about 30lbs...

5848_121369076556_599946556_2921910_2401329_n.jpg

5848_121369081556_599946556_2921911_8075648_n.jpg

5848_121369071556_599946556_2921909_7914438_n.jpg

5848_121369066556_599946556_2921908_1525202_n.jpg

10230_1100556561170_1444357900_226591_6098631_n.jpg

(yes that is sandeep parikh from the guild giving me a WOW beating)

10230_1100556641172_1444357900_226593_1673020_n.jpg

10230_1100556681173_1444357900_226594_3897737_n.jpg

(New mage cape emote... FLOATING NACHO!)

Rogue Palko... Quest Cape since 2006... Player since 2001.... And Bored Player Mod...

Rogue_Palko.png

[hide=skill goals if you're interested...]

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

[/hide]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why did you made this? and is that girl by any means the necromancer from the GW Prophecies box art?

51wiyb6X-DL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

lots of rs fangirls took some innapropriate pics with the godsword...

Pics or it didnt happen =P~

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Do you get bullied at school? No, I kid, I kid. I like it, as far as I really am concerned about RS. Glad to see people put heaps of effort into crafting things. Now put it into something practical and make $$$. And Felix, you wish for sexy godsword pics.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Do you get bullied at school? No, I kid, I kid. I like it, as far as I really am concerned about RS. Glad to see people put heaps of effort into crafting things. Now put it into something practical and make $$$. And Felix, you wish for sexy godsword pics.

HECK YES, PICS NAO

you know you do too, Felix

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

This was made for an anime convention... my next project is dragon full armor!

I actually forge in real life and sold a set of actual dragon plate armor to a private collector of gaming armors for very little profit ( i bought a car, a phone, and a laptop )

hahahah yes, my friend nikki and i constantly cosplay our respective favorite mmo's and we both fight tooth and nail to make the best costume... She did the Necromance Gear... last time i belive she did some sort of rouge...

regarding the naughty pics... i'll leave those to your mind... i would get permabanned for those pics lol...

there was another RS cosplayer there as a matter of fact! he had a ranged cape! and has one in the game as well... i guess i have 99 crafting and 99 smithing irl...

i do make things for comissions... i've done quite a few live steel game armors... all of them take forever and alot of them are for people with crazy money and a love for games...

Rogue Palko... Quest Cape since 2006... Player since 2001.... And Bored Player Mod...

Rogue_Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

[/hide]

If you can make Mark VI Spartan Armor, I will love you forever.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I've made both Halo Spartan armor and Hayabusa armor for collectors... took forever but i made them... i might be able to dig up a photo or two...

i wear the slayer cape all the time... i added the secons "flap" to the other shoulder after i retired the armor and i wear it all the time! expecially when i'm fighting the KQ

hahahah me too... the problem with these cons is no one post pics... no matter how many buiness cards you give out...

i liked the desert mask... also you have to wear it for three days all day... so the slayer helm looked cool but the mask was more practical in 90% humidity...

btw... i do not envy the runescape avatars that wear bandos armor... it is very... very... heavy...

Rogue_Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

[/hide]

pauldron was wireframe on a cardboard frame, plaster cloth, plaster of paris, drywall spackling and acryllic paint with a crack proof epoxy sealer

same with the arm guards except the peices on the arms were sewn on to pleather lengthened gloves

the tassets were made from the discount fabrics at my local wal mart and an old pair of pants!

the cape was made from cotton based rough cloth and i made a custom slayer emblem

the boots were boots... with a bondo-ed top coat

i do make skillcapes for comission... i make TONS of Hp capes for some odd reason...

Rogue_Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

[/hide]

depending on the elaborateness of the armor $500-$5000 (steel ingots, leather, logs for my forge, labor, hot pockets*)

costume design is cool but i was hoping to start a restraunt and maybe a chain of costume/ cosplay supply stores...

*little known fact, hot pockets cook perfect on top of a 2,000 degree forge....

Rogue_Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

[/hide]

skillcapes on the other hand go for about $50-$100 depending on materials and quality desired (i often charge $99.99 as a joke)

i make them out of very nice materials i get from an online supplier and use foam for the shoulder flairs (they flop, which is epic)

i do make fiberglass armor as well but that requires far more measurement and "live fitting" meaning you need to be there... that usually runs around $300-$1000 for a set (my bandos cost me $200 but was rushed, but i have plenty of time to make my dragon plate armor...)

Rogue_Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

[/hide]

I came :lol: that's awesome stuff. I'd love to see a real godsword made out of steel... I wonder how heavy it would be?

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

if you can name it i can probably make it... i do make alot of rs stuff for friends and collectors, but i do traditional armor sets as well... as well as my personal "sleek" knight sets which alot of pro tournament fighters like to use for anything from paintball and airsoft to actual sword fighting...

real godswords i have made (ugh and armadyl too... i like bandos lol)

they weigh alot... very alot... like 40 lbs easy alot...

and the one i am holding is not to scale... it's smaller than a fullscale...

and if you want something awesome to fight with... dual dragon scimmies... epic speed....

Rogue_Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

[/hide]

I'm sorry but the pics made me laugh for about 2 minutes solid. Then I saw the profit margins........

You seriously sell them for that much? If only I knew people willing to pay those prices :|

Nice work on the business, but I still think anyone willing to buy and/or wear it has something wrong in the head.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I'm sorry but the pics made me laugh for about 2 minutes solid. Then I saw the profit margins........

You seriously sell them for that much? If only I knew people willing to pay those prices :|

Nice work on the business, but I still think anyone willing to buy and/or wear it has something wrong in the head.

Why? If that's what they like to do, they should do it.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

I don't see why they made you laugh either. Its not really any different than dressing up for Renaissance Festivals or ComCons.

Call me Kat, or Kathy Corkat

actually joe you may have misread... what i made was a costume... no metal allowed... plus i was working on 3 costumes and an armor set while i was working on my own...

you can't have any live steel at convention and my costume was rushed...

the costumes i make are of far better quality and most of what i was talking about was ACTUAL steel armor that i cast and hammer myself...

though some of the upper end costumes i make do cost a bit depending on elaborateness...

Rogue_Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

Rogue Palko.png

[/hide]

That is really creative! And if I dare say so, inspiring. It's nice to see people link Runescape and real life together, especially when you have such a skill behind crafting and forging. If you make another costume for such an occasion I do hope you will post pictures of it :D

Great work magepalko.

Untitled-1_01-1.png

awcaddet2.gifawcaddet2.gifUntitled-1_04-1.pngsig-11716.jpgsig-11743.jpgsig-11744.jpgsig-11745.jpg

(Signature Work in Progress)