Green Dragon Chaos Tunnels (Prayer + Summoning)

Kinemas

Hello you Tiffers out there. Are you looking for some fast easy money? Check this out.

This guide is about killing green dragons in the Chaos Tunnels with protect from melee and the use of Beasts of Burden.

I tried killing green dragons before while using food, but I ended up wasting food (eat at almost full hp) to collect hides and bones. Then I tried using protect from melee to save inventory space. It turned out to be great.

Part 1. Gear and Inventory

Part 2. Location and start killing

Part 3. Recharge and Restock

Part 4. Costs and Profits

Part 5. Experience

Part 6. Extra Notes and Credits

Part 1. Gear and Inventory

As said before, we are going to use protect from melee, so use the best prayer boosting outfit. This works fine with me:

[hide=Outfit]GearandInventory.png[/hide]

Quick setup:

Head: Helm of Neitiznot>Mitre>Proselyte>Initiate>Other ( I use the Helm of Neitiznot for the Strength bonus)

Necklace: God Stole>Unholy Symbol>Holy Symbol>Fury>Glory

Body: Proselyte Body>Initiate Body/Monk's Robe

Legs: Proselyte Legs>Initiate Legs/Monk's Robe

Boots: Dragon Boots>Rune Boots>White Boots?Other (Dragon Boots for Strength bonus)

Gloves: Best RFD gloves you have. I use Barrows gloves

Shield: DFS> Anti-Dragon shield

Cape: Fire cape>Trimmed 99 cape>God Cloak>Other (Fire cape for the Strength bonus)

Weapon: Abyssal whip for training Attack or Defence, otherwise use a Dragon scimitar. Don't take a DDS bacause, it takes up an inventory spot.

Minimum Levels

Attack: 60

Strength: 60

Defence: 0 (Monk's Robes)

Hitpoints: 60ish

Prayer: 43

Summoning: 0, 13, 25 (Thorny Snail, Spirit Kalphite)

Construction: 47 (Mounted Glory)

Decent Levels

Attack: 70

Strength:70

Defence: 35 (Proselyte)

Hitpoints: 70ish

Prayer: 50-60

Summoning: 25, 40, 52 (Spirit Kalphite, Bullant, Spirit Terrorbird)

My Levels

Attack: 85

Strength: 80

Defence: 80

Hitpoints: 84

Prayer: 64

Summoning: 53

Construction: 61 (I have a Mounted Glory

Highly Efficient Levels

Attack: 90+

Strength: 90+

Defence: 90+

Hitpoints: 90+

Prayer: 70-80

Summoning: 67, 96 (War Tortoise, Pack Yak)

Inventory:

**1 Dragon Battle Axe. Use it's special attack.

**1 (Regular) Restore Potion, drink a dose after the DBA special.

1 Super Attack potion, just take one sip and bank it again:

1 Spirit Terrorbird pouch, use it to take collect more hides and bones.

1 Prayer Restore potion. Each trip I use up to 2 doses of Ppot, each Ppot (4) will last 2 trips.

1 Antfire potion. You will use about 2 doses per trip. So 1 Antifire potion (4) will last 2 trips.

1 House teleport: for recharging prayer and quick way back to Edgeville

(1-3 Tireless Run scrolls. For restoring run energy on your way to the Chaos Tunnels)

Part 2. Location and start killing

We will be killing the green dragons in the Chaos Tunnels. You dont have to fear Revenants. The room with green dragons is also occupied by baby black dragons, but since we are using protect from melee, they wont harm you.

Here is how you go to the Chaos Tunnels:

[hide=To the Chaos TUnnels]GettingThere.png[/hide]

(Image from official Runescape world map)

When entering the Chaos Tunnels, walk to this portal:

[hide=To the portal]ChaosTunnels.png[/hide]

(Image from Tip.it's map on the Chaos Tunnels)

Watch out for the shadow spiders (lvl 52), as they drain half of you prayer points. They become unagressive when you are twice their combat level +1. Also there are crypt spiders, but they shouldn't cause to much trouble, just head to the portal as fast as you can. If a shadow spider happend to drain your prayer, the worst thing that can happen is that you have to drink one extra dose of your prayer potion.

As you enter the room filled with green dragons and baby black dragons, summon your Spirit Terrorbird.

[hide=Summon Terrorbird here]SummonTerrorbird.png[/hide]

Once you summoned your Terrorbird, drink a dose of your antifire potion, turn on protect from melee prayer and engage the green dragons. Your Terrorbird will help you by attacking a monster that is attacking you. This can be a green dragon, but most of the time my Terrorbird attacks baby black dragons. Take a sip of Prayer restore potion when you need to, same as for the antifire potion which lasts for about 5 minutes per dose.

As you can see here I'm piled by baby black dragons, but they cannot harm me with protect from melee on.

[hide=Attacked by Dragons]InAction.png[/hide]

Part 3. Recharge and Restock

Once you have killed about 16 dragons, you inventory should look like this:

[hide=Inventory]TripEnded.png[/hide]

(Understand that I have 6 hides and 6 bones in the inventory of my Terrorbird)

Break the House teleport, and recharge your prayer. Then use a mounted glory for quick teleportation to Edgeville. Bank your hides and bones, and don't forget to empty your Terrorbirds inventory too. Take a sip of super attack, a house teletab and a new prayer potion and/or antifire potion if needed. You shouldn't use more than 1 potion every 2 trips. I also take about 3 Tireless Run scrolls to keep my run energy high until I am at the Green Dragons.

Part 4. Costs and Profits

The cost of each trip is quite low.

A prayer potion (4) costs about 7500gp and lasts 2 trips. So that 3750 per trip for prayer potions.

A antifire potion (4) costs about 1.2k, so each trip that's about 600 coins.

A house teletab has a price of roughly 1000gp

And a sip of super attack potion costs 100gp max.

A Spirit Terrorbird costs about 350 in GE.

Total you have to invest a grand total of 7000gp each trip.

Now for the profits:

My Terrorbirds lasts about 34 minutes. (Don't really know if it depends on your summoning level or if every Terrorbird lasts that long). I can make 3 whole trips with one single Terrorbird. With a minimum of 16 hides and bones each trip, thats 48 hides and bones per Terrorbird.

If dragon bones cost 2200 each, and green hides 1600 each, thats 182.400gp worth of hides and bones. So per hour you're talking of a minimum of 360.000gp

And I haven't even including extra drops such as clue's or any other drops.

Drops I take: Herbs Ranarr+ Charms, Rune items, nature runes (15), other high valued stuff I haven't got as a drop. I occasionally pickup uncut gems, if I have enough inventory space.

Part 5. Experience

This method isn't really good for training purposes. With an minimum of 96 dragons an hour, you'll gain about 30k xp an hour. This equals in about 10k hp xp an hour. Not the best, but hey, I'm here for the cash .

Part 6. Extra Notes and Credits

Extra notes:

Try to pick a world with 800+ people. Faster respawns mean you don't have to run around the room for a kill.

If someone is already in the room, worldhop. Don't be a jerk and steal the kill.

In this guide I used a Spirit Terrorbird, but any other Beast of Burden can be used.

**About the Dragon Battle Axe special: I've tried it, but I still could only make 3 trip to the Green Dragons (with my current levels that it). I think for people who don't have 70+ prayer it is recommended.

*** In some of the pictures I have 2 sharks in my inventory. These pictures are old. I haven't used antifire potions before uploading those pictures. Replace those 2 sharks with a antifire potion (4) and you have a good setup.

Credits:

Jagex for making Runescape and useage of the world map

Tip.it: for using the map of Chaos Tunnels

Tip.it forums: for letting me share my way of killing Green Dragons with you.

The Ultimate Green Dragon Guide

Don't hate me, just let me ride.

Lord, just give me life.

Thank you very much for this guide!

I think this methood suits my needs nicely.

I will definatly use this as a main money maker once I'm done with some goals.

Thank you =D>

©Tom®

Tomarothar.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~Goals keep you going~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current goal : All skills 80+. Skills left: 69/80 Summoning.

Next goal : 99 Magic. Skills left: 96/99 Magic.

good guide, 8.5/10

Whats your tactic for dealing with shadow spiders? do you just run and hope they don't take too much prayer? also, have you considered using the other green dragon room? a bit further away but dosn't have any shadow spiders. Do you use a house altar to recharge your prayer when you go? Also, have you considered taking a holy wrench to make the prayer pot last a little longer?

ccb155d849.png

good guide, 8.5/10

Whats your tactic for dealing with shadow spiders? do you just run and hope they don't take too much prayer? also, have you considered using the other green dragon room? a bit further away but dosn't have any shadow spiders. Do you use a house altar to recharge your prayer when you go? Also, have you considered taking a holy wrench to make the prayer pot last a little longer?

I don't know why your praying on shadow spiders. They take about 2 seconds to run by anyways if you know what your doing.

The other green dragon room will minimize profits slightly, therefore this one is better. If your a low level, and can't deal with shadow spiders or multi combat areas, I suggest going to the green dragons east of clan wars. They are rather crowded though, so good luck. ;)

Anyone with decent construction, or at least a house, that's serious about doing green dragons will likely already have a prayer altar in their house, or likely train construction until they do have a prayer altar in their house. Having this will minimize prayer potion costs, as you won't need to drink to recharge between runs. (An alternative to this is going to the Monarsty west of Edgeville, however this will also take a chunk of your profit out as it's a waste of time.)

Holy wrench is a waste of inventory space, as a dragon bone could easily replace it. The extra prayer point or two, doesn't make too big of a difference, especially at 70+ prayer you certainly won't need it.

As for the guide, it's very well written. Few know about this place, and it rarely has another person in it. A great alternative to the ones east of clan wars, as those are always flooded with noobs or cannoners. Sectioned well, pictures etc. 9.3/10 :)

One other thing, perhaps a tip I guess; Personally, each run I bring 3 tireless run scrolls. This helps in case I ever run out of run in the chaos tunnels. It does not waste an inventory spot as you can easily drop them. (They only cost like 32gp each, so your dropping like 100gp. If that's something big, god help you.)

EDIT: Oh, another tip. I suggest picking up every blue charm that green dragons drop. You can then make void shifters. These can sell at like 12K each or something. Not sure of prices anymore.

EDIT:EDIT: And a suggestion to the guide. I think you should make up a list of items you should pick up. Or at least mention that you should basically pick up anything worth more than 2.2K (the price of a dragon bone.)

cool_ice77.png

cool_ice77.png

i was reffering to the fact that shadow spiders drain half your prayer, thus making trips less efficient (more prayer pot).

That's only if they hit you.

They should get a maximum of 3 opportunities to hit you, unless you want to fight them off. (which wouldn't be smart on your part)

But okay, let's assume you pray to run by the shadow spiders. With even +10 prayer bonus, that shouldn't drain more then 1-2 prayer points.

I always have at least 10 prayer points leftover anyways after a run.

cool_ice77.png

cool_ice77.png

[hide=Long Quote, With something about Tireless Run Scroll, dealing with shadow spiders, other room with dragons, droplist, holy wrench.]

good guide, 8.5/10

I don't know why your praying on shadow spiders. They take about 2 seconds to run by anyways if you know what your doing.

The other green dragon room will minimize profits slightly, therefore this one is better. If your a low level, and can't deal with shadow spiders or multi combat areas, I suggest going to the green dragons east of clan wars. They are rather crowded though, so good luck. ;)

Anyone with decent construction, or at least a house, that's serious about doing green dragons will likely already have a prayer altar in their house, or likely train construction until they do have a prayer altar in their house. Having this will minimize prayer potion costs, as you won't need to drink to recharge between runs. (An alternative to this is going to the Monarsty west of Edgeville, however this will also take a chunk of your profit out as it's a waste of time.)

Holy wrench is a waste of inventory space, as a dragon bone could easily replace it. The extra prayer point or two, doesn't make too big of a difference, especially at 70+ prayer you certainly won't need it.

As for the guide, it's very well written. Few know about this place, and it rarely has another person in it. A great alternative to the ones east of clan wars, as those are always flooded with noobs or cannoners. Sectioned well, pictures etc. 9.3/10 :)

One other thing, perhaps a tip I guess; Personally, each run I bring 3 tireless run scrolls. This helps in case I ever run out of run in the chaos tunnels. It does not waste an inventory spot as you can easily drop them. (They only cost like 32gp each, so your dropping like 100gp. If that's something big, god help you.)

EDIT: Oh, another tip. I suggest picking up every blue charm that green dragons drop. You can then make void shifters. These can sell at like 12K each or something. Not sure of prices anymore.

EDIT:EDIT: And a suggestion to the guide. I think you should make up a list of items you should pick up. Or at least mention that you should basically pick up anything worth more than 2.2K (the price of a dragon bone.)

[/hide]

* Tireless Run Scroll

- I forgot to state that when I restock and dumb my BoB, I do take about 3 Tireless Run Scrolls, and use them to keep my run energy high till I reach the Chaos Tunnels, if I have some left I drop them, but 3 is about the amount needed to use up till Chaos Tunnels

* Shadow Spiders

- Well, the Shadow Spiders in the Chaos Tunnels are level 52, and I was over 105 combat when I started this method, so I didn't have to worry about them really. But I suggest you just run to the portal to the Green Dragons. When you get hit by a Shadow Spider then you probably have to drink a dose of prayer potion more than others. But this will not decrease your profits dramatically.

* Other room with Green Dragons

- Haven't tried it before. (Didn't even know there was another room till it was mentioned here). But I just use this room because it is very close to Edgeville.

* Droplist

- I don't pickup anything if I don't have the room for it. I get a avarage of 16 kills per trip (with 6 hides and bones in the inventory of my terrorbird and 10 in my own). That usually leaves me around 1 free inventory space (because I collect charms too). Then I usually just take whatever last drop is, and teleport to my PoH. You could kill another one and take the extra Dragon bone, but I just leave when I don't have enough space for a Dragon bone AND a Dragon hide.

* Holy Wrench

- I usually have anything between 5-10 prayer points left when I have a full load. Bringing a Holy Wrench wouldn't make a difference (other than wasting potential prayer potions because the lack of inventory space). And if you feel like you don't have enough prayer points, just take another dose of your potion. A single Dragon bone covers that cost.

Thanks for your great feedback =D> Keep em coming :D

Lord, just give me life.

First of all, is it me or does most of your picture doesn't work. All I can see the is img tag.

Also, there is nothing in the outfit box, and I don't get why you have a quick set-up list below the level recommendation wihich is below the outift box which doesnt work :shock: Hope you udnerstood that :lol:

Anyway,for the cape part of the quick setup, you should have trimmed 99 cape before fire cape. This is because trimmed cape give +9 prayer bonus whil fire cape gives like +1 bonus.

Other then that, this is a really nice guide, good to get away from the crowded wildy.

tipitsig.jpg

First of all, is it me or does most of your picture doesn't work. All I can see the is img tag.

Also, there is nothing in the outfit box, and I don't get why you have a quick set-up list below the level recommendation wihich is below the outift box which doesnt work :shock: Hope you udnerstood that :lol:

Anyway,for the cape part of the quick setup, you should have trimmed 99 cape before fire cape. This is because trimmed cape give +9 prayer bonus whil fire cape gives like +1 bonus.

Other then that, this is a really nice guide, good to get away from the crowded wildy.

Hmm. Have you clicked the 'Show' buttons? Because the images are hidden in hide tags.

As for a trimmed 99 cape. It give +4 prayer bonus and not +9. I stated that you use a Firecape because of the strenght bonus. If you can hit higher, you can finish your task quicker, thus needing less prayer points. Besides, with all the prayer boosting gear the extra +3 won't make a great difference.

And I don't quite understand your point about the outfit box/ recommended levels. You might be saying, place the quick setup right after the outfit box, and then the recommended levels. Anyway I'll edit that, because that indeed seems crooked.

Thanks for your post =)

Lord, just give me life.

First of all a general tip: Before leaving the bank, also use a D Baxe spec and drink a normal restore pot (ridiculously cheap) and drink your sup att after that. The str boost will help quite a bit.

Your technique is good, I prefer a slightly different one.

First, change your stole with a fury>glory and your legs by a verac skir , drink a sup def potion if you're def is below 85 and you don't have a DFS before leaving the bank and take a few monks (depending on levels and equipment).

Now, the point of this method is to kill them with piety, making the kills insanely fast. With 84 84 84 stats I take 4 monks and no sup def (but I have a DFS) and do a full trip including the terrorbird in about 10 minutes. 5-hitting them and less is quite common.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

First of all a general tip: Before leaving the bank, also use a D Baxe spec and drink a normal restore pot (ridiculously cheap) and drink your sup att after that. The str boost will help quite a bit.

Your technique is good, I prefer a slightly different one.

First, change your stole with a fury>glory and your legs by a verac skir , drink a sup def potion if you're def is below 85 and you don't have a DFS before leaving the bank and take a few monks (depending on levels and equipment).

Now, the point of this method is to kill them with piety, making the kills insanely fast. With 84 84 84 stats I take 4 monks and no sup def (but I have a DFS) and do a full trip including the terrorbird in about 10 minutes. 5-hitting them and less is quite common.

I agree with your comment about the DBA spec. I'll try it asap and edit in my findings.

But your other comment I assume you don't use protect from melee prayer, but piety all the time. As this guide is about protect from melee prayer, I won't consider editing it in. In your method you can still take damage (although I don't think you will with high defence, super defence potion and DFS). But that method isn't within reach of player with low/semi-low defence. That's why they use protect from melee and need a high prayer bonus (hence the stole>unholy symbol>holy symbol.

Thanks for your post and tip about the DBA spec.

Lord, just give me life.

An excellent guide and is something I was looking for, something that can make me a few loose pennies and let me gain decent amounts of combat experience without paying that much for potions or food. I'll try it out once I gain 10 more summoning levels, so I'll be able to summon the Terrorbird.

9/10

songokusigtif.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've tested this method and still using it currently. I don't have the summoning level for the Terror bird, but I can still get about 10 kills per run while picking up charms other than gold. Instead of super attack I use a combat potion, mainly because you get a boost to both attack and strength for only one inventory space. The only main issue with this method is going through the portal room with the Shadow Spiders. My combat is around 104 so they are still aggressive and usually drain all of my prayer (Prayer level: 60). This means a decent loss of profit because a full prayer potion is pretty much required each run. I don't see any way of avoiding this initial loss of prayer points though. Sometimes prayer isn't even necessary if someone else has the aggression of the baby black dragons, or if you can trap them behind the green dragon you are killing.

Hailfox.png

I was there last night to kill a Black Dragon task (killing babies). I actually was surprised at how amazing these green dragons are - weak and good drops + killing babies while waiting on respawn. I didn't pray or antifire, but then again my stats are amazing and I was wearing DFS + Bandos.

I plan to always fill up on these guys on my way back from Bork.

I disagree with your path "how to get there." Use the Bounty Hunter teleport on the Games Necklace and run south into the tunnels. You'll be one room west of the dragons. Much faster for getting there.

• 2 weeks later...
I was there last night to kill a Black Dragon task (killing babies). I actually was surprised at how amazing these green dragons are - weak and good drops + killing babies while waiting on respawn. I didn't pray or antifire, but then again my stats are amazing and I was wearing DFS + Bandos.

I plan to always fill up on these guys on my way back from Bork.

I disagree with your path "how to get there." Use the Bounty Hunter teleport on the Games Necklace and run south into the tunnels. You'll be one room west of the dragons. Much faster for getting there.

Using the house teletab and mounted glory is used to recharge prayer. I don't know if you can recharge prayer at Bounty Hunter, but using your POH is the best method. That's why I use my 'how to get there'. Thanks for your comment =)

Lord, just give me life.

Here is a better method.

Buy a games necklace, and teleport to bounty hunter. Get on a bounty hunter world, and try to enter a high-level crater. It wont let level 109's- but it will restore run energy, hp, and prayer. Run south of B-hunter and enter the chaos tunnels. Walk north of the room your in, and enter the portal, you will be in the green dragon rooms. Use prayer, get drops, use games necklace to get back to bounty hunter, repeat.

P.S. The crater restoring your stats will only work on BH worlds.

GG.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Just a question.

What makes this better than killing green dragons in wilderness except no revenants?

i kill revenants pretty easy by wasting 1-6 tunas and using a little prayer, since i always bring a super attack pot (4) it increases killing speed and helps against revenants.

+When killing wildy green dragons you can use a game necklace to bank which is 1200 gp for 8 bounty teleports and bringing 8-10 tunas per run (to be on the safe side if a rev comes) costs you 800-1000 gp per run. What i mean is what makes green drags in chaos tunnels so good? takes a long time to get there and banking is complicated if you dont have high construction for teleports in your house.

(another thing, i bury my bones \' )

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

At Kinosjourney - It's multi, so a noob cannot get kills and the higher levels would take all. Basically freeforall Green Dragons. I do not suggest the place for lower levels purely because the 110+'s WILL take alot of the kills. I would of written a guide like this... but I don't want to see the Chaos Tunnel Greens more crowded than it already is. It's actually much harder than normal wilderness greens without at LEAST 80+ melee stats. Assuming there are people like me there, though.