F2p Runecrafting guide, it's back :)

Guest mauranius

Mauranius Runecrafting Guide

Introduction

Hello people, as you might know I have 99 runecrafting in free to play and I was the 7th f2p-er to get this (I could have been 4th if I did my best). In this Guide I will try to tell you some things about running essences, assisting in runecrafting and some other facts on making money, or getting fast rc xp in the free world.

[hide=Runecrafting running - moneymaking - no xp]As some people might know running essences and requesting assist is a moneymaking bussiness. There are not a lot of requirements, you actually only have to enter the the air temple and request assists.

Steps to request assistance in runecrafting:

1. if you haven't done this already, buy an air tiara on the Grand Exchange

2. Buy rune essences, this will be a little investment, but it will pay out very well, you can buy rune essences on the Grand Exchange (GE) for a small price.

3. Teleport or walk back to Fallador, go to w16 if you aren't already there

4. Run to the Air altar (If you don't know where it is, then just follow the massive ammount of people walking there

5. Find a person that gives x8 or higher assistance (77+ rc), these give the best profits

6. Right click on the persons name and request assistance

7. Wait untill a pair of hands appear holding eachother, you are now assisted

8. Click on the air crafting stone in the center of the area

9. Walk back to Fallador big bank, bank your airs, and withdraw new essences

10. repeat number 4-9 untill you run out of rune essences, then repeat from number 2

Xp yield: 0

Gp Yield: 70k+ per hour

Disadvised: Do not wear FOG gloves while requesting assist, it will loose charges

Advised: Wield your Explorer's ring from Lumbridge

Calculation for the GP yield:

Rune essences cost: 35 gp ea

1 inventory of rune essences: 980 gp

Minimal air yield: 8x28=224 airs, 15 gp ea --> 224*15=3360 gp

Gp yield per bag: 2380 gp

number of runs each hour: ~ 30

Gp yield per hour: 71400 gp[/hide]

[hide=Runecrafting assisting - xp yielding - not moneymaking]Assisting in runecrafting is not a hard thing to do, but you need at least 77 runecrafting before it actually pays off.

Things you need to do:

1. Buy an air tiara

2. Go to world 16, and into the air temple (Falador)

3. make sure in the lower table assisting is toggled "on"

4. Determine which air marker you have, lvl 77-87 is marker x8, lvl 88-98 is marker x9 and lvl 99 is marker x10

5. Message your name and your marker in the public chat, avoid spamming

6. in your message box you will see pink messages of people requesting assistance, don't worry if people do not start requesting assistance right away, you need to earn their trust

7. keep assisting until you reach 30k xp, or until you run out of patience / computer time

Xp yield: for x8 it gives 15-30k xp/ hour, for x9 it gives 30-60k xp per hour and for x10 it gives possible even more than 60k xp per hour. Still the maximum xp gained through this way stays 30k xp

Gp yield: 0

Disadvised: assisting below 77 rc, takes too long[/hide]

[hide=Creating your own runes - adequate xp - average gp yields]A new part of my runecrafting guide, waling your own essences. As usual You need to get the essences from the GE, mining yourself is possible, but buying them is far more rewarding.

Okey on to the runecrafting itself! i hope you all know that a range of runes can be crafted in f2p; airs, minds, waters, earths, fire and body runes. In below I will post a list where the ruins can be found and what the rune yield, thus gp yield and xp yield will be per each rune.[/hide]

[hide=Crafting air runes]The Air altar can be found between fallador and port sarim. Airs are one of the most common bought runes and sell very well in the GE for 15-16 ea. Also in the FOG update you can buy air gloves for 75 tokens, though I disadvise this (will explain later why).

Xp yield: ~ 5k xp

Gp yield: Depends on your rc lvl:

lvl 1-10, x1 marker, 28*(15-35)= -560 gp per run, -16800 per hour

lvl 11-21, x2 marker, 28*(30-35)= -140 gp per run, -4200 per hour

lvl 22-32, x3 marker, 28*(45-35)= 280 gp per run, 8400 per hour

lvl 33-43, x4 marker, 28*(60-35)= 700 gp per run, 21000 per hour

lvl 44-54, x5 marker, 28*(75-35)= 1120 gp per run, 33600 per hour

lvl 55-65, x6 marker, 28*(90-35)= 1540 gp per run, 46200 per hour

lvl 66-76, x7 marker, 28*(105-35)=1960 gp per run, 58800 per hour

lvl 77-87, x8 marker, 28*(120-35)=2380 gp per run, 71400 per hour

lvl 88-98, x9 marker, 28*(135-35)=2800 gp per run, 84000 per hour

lvl 99 ,x10 marker, 28*(150-35)=3220 gp per run, 96600 per hour

It is possible to runecraft air runes on your way to the crafting guild, then mine gold/silver ore then and teleport or run back. In this way it might be more appealing to people. Also it can be used with yew cutting, since there are yew trees nearby. With the new explorer's ring a new way opens up, teleport cabbage thing with your ring, run to altar tele back to fallador and then go to the small bank and replay :)[/hide]

[hide=Crafting mind runes]The temple is located north of fallador nearby the wilderness, it's almost in the top west-north corner before wilderness starts. Mind runes sell 9 ea in the GE.

Xp Yield: ~ 5k xp per hour, perhaps 5.5k

Gp yield, depends on rc lvl

lvl 2-13, 28*(9-35)= -728 gp per run

lvl 14-27, 28*(18-35)= -476 gp per run

lvl 28-41, 28*(27-35)= -224 gp per run

lvl 42-55, 28*(36-35)= 28 gp per run

lvl 56-69, 28*(45-35)= 280 gp per run

lvl 70-83, 28*(54-35)= 532 gp per run

lvl 84-97, 28*(63-35)= 784 gp per run

lvl 98-99, 28*(72-35)= 1036 gp per run

There are no FOG gloves available for mind runes[/hide]

[hide=Crafting water runes]The water temple is south of lumbridge, inside lumbridge swamp and is one of the least accessible temples in the free to play world, I disadvise going here. They do however sell for 16 ea(but airs can also be sold at this price)

Xp yield: perhaps 3k xp per hour

Gp yield: lvl dependable

lvl 5-18, 28*(16-35)= -532 gp per run

lvl 19-37, 28*(32-35)= -84 gp per run

lvl 38-56, 28*(48-35)= 364 gp per run

lvl 57-75, 28*(64-35)= 812 gp per run

lvl 76-94, 28*(80-35)= 1260 gp per run

lvl 95-99, 28*(94-35)= 1625 gp per run

Remember you might only get to 15 runs in 1 hour with airs, you can however use runecrafting gloves from GOF, though i disadvise using them especially for water runes[/hide]

[hide=Crafting earth runes]The earth temple is located north east of varrock, just below the wildy edge. it's walkable from the varrock east bank, and is not that far away. Also there are FOG gloves available.

Xp Yield: 6.5k+ xp per hour

GP Yield: level Dependant

lvl 9-25, 28*(15-35)= -560

lvl 26-51, 28*(30-35)= -140

lvl 52-77, 28*(45-35)= 280

lvl 78-99, 28*(60-35)= 700

not a gp maker, but slightly faster than air runes and more profitable than mind runes. Also you can use FOG gloves, but still disadvising it, will explain later why.[/hide]

[hide=Crafting fire runes]The fire altar is located near al kharid, but it can also be reached quite fast from lumbridge, there are no FOG gloves for fire runes. Also I heard you can get there quite fast when running from the minigame there.

Xp Yield: 7k per hour

Gp Yield: level Dependant

lvl 14-34, 28*(9-35)= -650

lvl 35-69, 28*(18-35)= -476

lvl 70-99, 28 *(27-35)= -224

Hence the GP yields, this is not profitable, though some nice xp[/hide]

[hide=Crafting body runes]The body altar can be found close to barbarian village, just to the west. It can be easily reached from the bank in edgeville and is thus a viable option for the f2p runecrafting, although it will always make loss. No FOG gloves available

Xp Yield: 7.5k+ per hour

Gp Yield: level dependant

lvl 20-45, 28*(9-35)= -650

lvl 46-91, 28*(18-35)= -476

lvl 92-99, 28*(27-35)= -224[/hide]

[hide=Why not to buy FOG rc gloves]FOG assisting gloves cost 75 tokens from the FOG minigame. A regular player can obtain 75 tokens in 1 hour. One set of gloves lasts for 1k rune essences and doubles the xp gained over this 1k rune essences, thus air gloves give 5k xp, water gloves 6k xp and earth gloves 6.5k xp on runecrafting.

Now I need to remind you that it takes an hour to get those tokens, if instead you would have spended an hour more on your runecrafting and would receive aside of experience gold as well. This is the man reason why I disadvise the runecrafting gloves.

if it happens to be you like the new minigame or you already got many tokens nothing holds you back on using them for runecrafting[/hide]

[hide=Talismans and Tiara - Expensive fast way]Crafting talismans is an expensive but fast way to lvl up runecrafting. in order to craft new tiara's from talismans you need a stack of normal tiara's. In the GE they sell 45 gp at this moment. Also I subtracted the price you will get in return for selling a magical tiara.

air talisman 191 gp ea, 25 xp ea

Cost per run: (191+45-45)*14= 2674, Per hour: 80220

Xp per run: 350 Xp, per hour: 10500

mind talisman 162 gp ea, 27.5 xp ea

Cost per run: (162+45-45)*14= 2268, Per hour: 68040

Xp per run: 385 xp, Per hour: 11550

water talisman 1945 gp ea, 30 xp ea

Cost per run: (1945+45-75)*14= 26810, Per hour: 402150

Xp per run: 420 Xp, per hour: 6300

earth talisman 151 gp ea, 32.5 xp ea

Cost per run: (151+45-45)*14= 2114, Per hour: 63420

XP per run: 455 xp, per hour: 13650

fire talisman 900 gp ea, 35 xp ea

Cost per run: (900+45-47)*14= 12572, per hour: 377160

XP per run: 490 xp, per hour: 14700

Body talisman 266 gp ea, 37.5 xp ea

Cost per run: (266+45-45)*14= 3724, Per hour: 111720

Xp per run: 525 Xp, per hour: 15750

GP/XP ratio for tiara's

Air: 80220/10500= 7.64

Mind: 68040/11550= 5.89

Water: 402150/6300= 63.83

Earth: 63420/13650= 4.65

Fire: 377160/14700= 25.66

Body: 111720/15750= 7.09

best way is thus probably with earths[/hide]

[hide=The history of runecrafting]Runecrafting was the last free to play skill to be introduced to runescape. This was in 2004, with the introduction of RS2 (BETA) , this also makes it the last F2p skill to be added to the game. Anyways ever since it came into runescape it was one of the somewhat harder to level up skills.

It was not for a good few years untill the idea rose to create certain worlds that where used to "run" specific kind of runes. The first one was world 66, where Laws where being made by the members of runescape. Later there where worlds for airs, and for members laws and natures. Untill this day, runecraft running in fp has only consisted of airs, and frankly I don;t think that will change. The running then looked a little bit like assisting, and can still be done, but on a very small scale due to the trade limits.

A player that was the runecrafting said how much money he would give for 25 unnoted rune essences. Mostly this was a number between 1.5 and 2.5k gp, plus the return of noted essences. Higher leveled runecrafters could make more profit out of this, but every player with a little bit of starting money could get up to 25-30k xp per hour. Now you can do a merely 1k + essences, but due to the trade limits it is not very fast xp.[/hide]

Final word

I wish everybody good luck with runecrafting, if you have suggestions, do not hesitate to tell me so

Greetz, Mauranius

Just a couple of small things.

1. Earth tiara crafting speed is better if teleporting back to Varrock.

2. I think fire rune crafting is much slower tham you have stated. It might be fast for p2p but the duel arena bank is still a long way from altar for f2p. I only tried this once and quickly abandoned it.

Otherwise very nice indeed!!

btw-Why no mention of liars in air altar?

I am still willing to open a hidden thing where I post personal screeny's of scammers with their real RS names, but tip.it board will not agree with it I think.

Ihaven't actually tried everything myself. It is information gathered by friends etc. so it could be off-scale. I might adapt that piece about earth tiara's though.

If you want to know, I am mad as (cabbage) about the scammers ruining everything in the air and as I heard also in the nature temple. Also still no official Jagex statement about this....

I will ask the mod of this forum piece if I can get my pictures up here.

Mauranius

Okey I have a new idea to enlist scammers. Currently I am gathering information if it is possible to create a new forum of my own that enlists scammers and then post a link here. Since I can not post pictures of scammers here because of TIF policy...

I do not know when exactly, but ever since it came into runescape it was one of the somewhat harder to level up skills.

Nice guide. ^_^

I'm not too sure, but I think Runecrafting was released at the same time as RuneScape 2. I'm not too sure whether they were released at the same time or whether Runecrafting came a few weeks later, but I'm pretty sure it was around the release date of RuneScape 2.

sina_j.png

Hacked on January 5, 2007 --> Lost: 56.4M, Santa Hat, Purple Partyhat, Green Partyhat, Christmas Cracker

people who get rich and do it legit like joob and I always get f'd over in the end.

• 6 months later...

Isn't xp assist 30k xp/day?

Nice guide, lots of statistics.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Isn't xp assist 30k xp/day?

Nice guide, lots of statistics.

yes it's a maximum of 30k xp/day, but it also has a certain time range on where within you will max that 30k xp :)

Is it faster to

1. bank in Drayoner, Cabbage teleport, Craft Airs, Cabbage teleport, then run to Draynor??

2. Same as above but use Falador Bank?

Draynor + cabbage doesn't require the extra inventory space for the runes, thus I think draynor is faster. Though.... Falador bank is a bit closer to where you teleport....

This one is difficult! I htink it needs some statistics!! :P anyone up for the job?

walking from fally east to altar and back is bout same time as cabbage teleing...o and btw u HAVE to update your guide or every low level will get shafted by losing more money than expected-- ess is bout 45ea and airs are 12ea o and all the tallys are atleast 1.5-2x as much (i understand the guide is from august but no point having a guide with out of date info...)

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

o and btw u HAVE to update your guide or every low level will get shafted by losing more money than expected--

:lol:

Hehe... I don't have time for it at this particular moment since I am nearing my examn period... After next week (Friday or saturday) I will update and include GOP as well

Yeah I would also really like to know if FOG+1k ess is more time-efficient than doing 2k ess on its own. But when you consider the extra money from doing all the ess yourself it is tempting. If anyone can experiment with this theory and provide feedback it would be greatly appreciated. :D

Experiment- Which requires less time and by how long: Getting 75 FOG tokens and using 1k ess (normal running/walking) vs. using 2k ess (normal running/walking)

Busyballer33.png

Busyballer33.png

• 1 month later...

"Xp yield: for x8 it gives 15-30k xp/ hour, for x9 it gives 30-60k xp per hour and for x10 it gives possible even more than 60k xp per hour. Still the maximum xp gained through this way stays 30k xp

Disadvised: assisting below 77 rc, takes too long"

You get the same xp per rune no matter what. Even if you make x10 runes you still get the xp for x1 runes. :-/

guideicon.png

this is confusing though...i've been getting 10k of xp per hour at the rc minigame...why not just do that instead of wasting 80k per hour on unnecessary materials...

So you are planning to... let's say you play 5h a day (which is low for me, but okay...), it makes 50k xp/day. 99 is 13m xp, so 260 days of runecrafting.... Instead of way less hours of work and a little bit of that shiney gp?

:wall: :lol: Sorry, but I don't think you or anyone else can hold that for 260 days.... The RC game is nasty and makes me angry, so I bet it will make you angry at a certain point.

"Xp yield: for x8 it gives 15-30k xp/ hour, for x9 it gives 30-60k xp per hour and for x10 it gives possible even more than 60k xp per hour. Still the maximum xp gained through this way stays 30k xp

Disadvised: assisting below 77 rc, takes too long"

You get the same xp per rune no matter what. Even if you make x10 runes you still get the xp for x1 runes. :-/

yes the same xp per rune, but runners will all go to you you the higher runecrafting level you have

By the way, about your history, Runecrafting was released in 2004 at the same time that the RS2 Beta came out, making it the first RS2 quest and skill and the newest F2P quest and skill.

And it took a good few years before RC running was thought of, with law running in world 66 one of the first occurances, giving good xp for crafters and good cash for runners, with a friendly environment.

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

By the way, about your history, Runecrafting was released in 2004 at the same time that the RS2 Beta came out, making it the first RS2 quest and skill and the newest F2P quest and skill.

And it took a good few years before RC running was thought of, with law running in world 66 one of the first occurances, giving good xp for crafters and good cash for runners, with a friendly environment.

Thanks for that addition... I don't always he my facts straight :P